• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Arkedo Series Official Thread of 240MSPoints Down a Month

Pharoah

Arkedo Series - 03 PIXEL! is coming soon...

edc309b5-e16b-45ce-82b1-c6166c013e90.jpg
↓ ↓ ↓ Click thumbs for fullscreen. ↓ ↓ ↓

Almost there!

But as we are late on the delivery, we try and be early on something.
So let's be early on our promise to give you an update by Wednesday, allright?

GAF, here is >> 45 SECS FOOTAGE OF PIXEL!<<.

Hopefully it'll explain a bit more why we called it that way :D
(youtube skips frames, the game is smoother)

We are still targeting end of week for peer submission.
Art & concept are by Hervé Barbaresi, from Pastagames.
Code is by Maïwenn Rapine, from Arkedo.
Music is by MIDORI (Myspace)

Dear Arkedo,

I love your stuff. 03 looks fun as hell and has such an amazing visual style.

You guys kicked ass on DS, and are now kicking XBLIG's ass. Sincere kudos.

Signed,

me

Weetrick

Jump reminds me of one of my favorite childhood games, Montezuma's Revenge for the Commodore 64.
I'm buying this when I get home tonight. If its good I may buy the other games too.

Thanks for showing me these games!

j0.png

montezumas_revenge_02.gif
montezumas_revenge_03.gif

Pharoah

Wow, thank you guys!

Hopefully, PIXEL! will live up to the expectations.

The good news is that this one will have a longer completion time, with 7 rather lengthy worlds to complete.

All of them worlds being displayed in completely different shiny colors, and by "completely different shiny colors", we mean "blue".

bluemangroup3.jpg

Pharoah

OK, Pixel's done.

Please allow a few hours of final testing and incantations, then everyone with a XNA account should be able to play it during the peer review process.

Everyone else: should it pass, expect to be able to play by beginning of next week (or even this WE if peer review is on fire :)

EDIT: in peer review now!

RPS37

I'm about to download the trial for Pixel with full intention on purchasing the full version when it ends. I bought Jump when it came out and really liked it. I didn't get Swap, because I'm not a huge puzzle guy.

Pharoah

I like the fact that you seem to be looking for excuses for not buying one of our games :)

Keep it up, that's the spirit!

Rlan

Keep a look out for odd looking blocks in the levels - they're puzzle blocks for those "useless relics" - I think there are 3 per level.

Pharoah

jesusraz said:
So are things going well in terms of download sales for all three so far?

I'll share consolidated numbers after the 4th game (Arkedo Series - 04 SLASH!, which will be a cross between Zelda and Geowars) will be out for a month or so, in order to give hopefully valuable data to the community.

In the meantime, I'll just say that we may have great news soon, which could come as a surprise :)

Pharoah said:
I'll share consolidated numbers after the 4th game (Arkedo Series - 04 SLASH!, which will be a cross between Zelda and Geowars) will be out for a month or so, in order to give hopefully valuable data to the community.

In the meantime, I'll just say that we may have great news soon, which could come as a surprise :)

wooot, nice!

now I wanna see any pic of SLASH! :lol

Brashnir

Pharoah said:

As in, you play a twin-stick single-screen shooter and progress from screen to screen Zelda-style?

Fucking sold.

in fact I even suggested such a concept in the Dudebro thread

RPS37

Pharoah said:

...bought.

I played Pixel until the trial ran out, then hit X as fast as possible.
I LOVE the art style.
When are you guys going to start making games for my iPhone?

Gowans

First two stagesdone in pixel. It's awesome! Best one yet!

Love the art sytle but the gameplay is great.

Better than a lot of xbla hope the message gets out for people to try it. I'll update the op later today.

Offto play more ;)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
These are three of the best games of the year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hopefully more Zelda than Geowars ^_^ It's called SLASH for goodness sakes! Definately looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

On to the game at hand: Pixel is very charming. You guys rock at making charming graphic presentations. "Needs More Blue!"

Nice and solid experience! I look forward to seeing the full game, when my account gets more than 20 points in it again... (-_-; )

Anso

Great games, well worth supporting. All XBLIG attention is good attention and good XBLIG attention is great attention.

jesusraz

Pharoah said:
I know what might be a good thing to include. Although I won't say anything yet, or make a speech about it...but maybe my voice will be heard eventually ;-)

I have a hunch there could well be more than one announcement coming that will have people grinning from ear-to-ear ^_^ Just a hunch, of course.

mujun

Pharoah said:

C'mon man, don't tease ;)

Give us a hint at the gameplay if you wouldn't mind.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pharoah said:
Peer approval went REALLY fast: 22 hours o_O
Thank you guys...

Not a surprise. Both because this is a high profile release so I'd imagine people would jump to help out, and because you guys are professional devs with a good deal of experience at this point so I'd expect it'd be less likely to find the kind of obvious issues that would normally cause a project to stall during peer review.

Can't wait to get home and buy this one.

Pharoah

NemesisPrime said:
Get ready for a job in the games industry. 99% guaranteed.

Oh man, don't say that, it would be SO AWESOME!
(This, and seeing a real nude girl. Not just 99% of it.)

^^

Edit : damn you Cromulent!!! :lol :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy crap. Pixel is awesome. I love the artstyle. I'm a sucker for pixel art, and this does a great job of invoking a very strong Gameboy vibe without brining the pea green screen with it. :lol

I'd love to see this art style used more often.

feel

Beautiful and fun. Bought it. :)

edit- after playing a bit more, gotta say it's even better than what I first thought! Totally in love with it.

ShapeGSX

I'm trying to spread the word on other forums about this one. It looks awesome! For some reason, it is really hard to get people excited about Indie Games, and I don't get the hesitation.

The Indie Games have taken a while to hit their stride, but the stuff that is coming out now is just incredible. I hope that the sales make it worth it to continue. This is the kind of thing that needs some momentum to become sustainable, and Arkedo, you guys are really helping getting that momentum going!

Congratulations on this release!

Pharoah

Corporate Cow is pretty happy with the hype :)

We are bragging... because we know we won't see this for long :D
And of course, it's in France, not the US...

Still! Joy! Pride! Hookers!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pharaoh, I appreciate that you put the XBL box art up as well. I use Gamepedia to keep track of my games, and it's a pain in the ass to find Indie and XBLA box art in a decent resolution.

Mdk7

Ok, i'll try Pixel in a heartbeat.
I LOVED your Big Bang Mini guys (and i rated it 9 out of 10 back in the day on Eurogamer Italy).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
thetrin said:
Pharaoh, I appreciate that you put the XBL box art up as well. I use Gamepedia to keep track of my games, and it's a pain in the ass to find Indie and XBLA box art in a decent resolution.

marketplace.xbox.com search for the game's name, click the game, you get a 220x300 image of the box art just like what Pharaoh posted.

Only quid pro quo: 360 retail games which go Greatest Hits have their boxarts replaced with the GH art.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
thetrin said:
... Try going into XBL Marketplace via your PC on xbox.com. Every indie/XBLA entry on there has a similarly-sized boxart coupled with it.

Top Bottom