• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Art of Pixel Counting: How can we tell what resolution a game is rendering?

PaintTinJr

As I investigated further, at later frame the car seems to come back to the 4K status. It doesn't have RT yet, maybe they got the dev kits pretty late. DF said that it get down to 1800p to help keep it at 60fps, few dips in fps but nearly at 60fps most of the time for the 4K quality time. It's referred to as "Dynamic" 4K, seems to be the case with most of the demanding games.
Hopefully this isn't the sign of things to come for them throughout the generation, and the difference in rendering will be as big as the leaps they've made in the past between first and second iteration on a new platform.

With them being UK based and this market being one of Xbox's main gets they are potentially at risk of being too aligned to Xbox to be able to push their multiplatform offerings in different ways between the two consoles too much, and if XsS and XsX are pushing this fidelity for that resolution and frame-rate, I'm not too hopeful the PS5 version of this will be enhanced beyond loading times. Until now, rally has always seemed like a game that preloads most of its data before hand, rather than streaming, and that certainly won't be helping rendering quality if total asset fidelity is capped at the 10GBs for XsX.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hopefully this isn't the sign of things to come for them throughout the generation, and the difference in rendering will be as big as the leaps they've made in the past between first and second iteration on a new platform.

With them being UK based and this market being one of Xbox's main gets they are potentially at risk of being too aligned to Xbox to be able to push their multiplatform offerings in different ways between the two consoles too much, and if XsS and XsX are pushing this fidelity for that resolution and frame-rate, I'm not too hopeful the PS5 version of this will be enhanced beyond loading times. Until now, rally has always seemed like a game that preloads most of its data before hand, rather than streaming, and that certainly won't be helping rendering quality if total asset fidelity is capped at the 10GBs for XsX.

We shouldn't expect too much from a crossgen anyway, they won't push it to the limit. I love their games and they're like Dark Souls of racing, harder than real life driving! Also the sounds are insane, hope they leverage the Tempest 3D Audio.

Overall, the performance isn't good with lots of tearing, we'll wait for PS5 and PC versions. Evolution still holds the best looking racing game ever created, especially in rain. And the sounds are wonderful in DriveClub, and the feel of speed. Sony has closed 2 studios in the UK so far, I think. I hope those guys from Evolution studio could find their way in inside like Sony's Lucid studio or so to make DC2.

Top Bottom