• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ascent: Brand New Gameplay for this Sci-Fi ARPG

fermcr

I'm interested.

you-have-my-interest.jpg

Last edited:

Phase

No ultrawide support. Here's the dev's reply on the steam forum to someone asking about it.

Screenshot-2021-07-17-140135.png

Hopefully someone makes a fix soon after release.

Last edited:
Why wait? Just get yourself an Xbox console and Gamepass and you've got the best deal in gaming, sit back and enjoy.
Yup! Eagerly awaiting this game hitting Game Pass. Fuck yeah. Not happy with my Samsung QN90A so back to Best Buy with it. A new LG C1 will be a nice showcase for this game.

Last edited:

Fredrik

how come the graphics look awesome and it’s an indie? Does top down make it easier?
I’m sure it’s easier if the camera never go close, no closeup details needed. But other than that I don’t know, and it’s still incredibly impressive, the density, the lighting, the explosions, the design. 👌

Reactions: Isa

mxbison

I wonder if this will actually be good - how come the graphics look awesome and it’s an indie? Does top down make it easier?

It's much much lighter on the performance, you still need great designers and artists to make it look this nice though.

Two of biggest takeaways from video for me:

Players seems to be at lower level so has to play methodically. They have shown some higher level abilities in previous videos which means it's a legit rpg and you will get stronger and earn interesting abilities.

Also City area is densely populated with some conversation opportunities. We might get to see decent world building.

I was expecting it to be like normal twin stick shooter but it seems to be closer to Diablo games which is a good thing.

Goalus

Recycle topic just to stay relevant. pure cringe. there is nothing new. almost 2 weeks old gameplay.
You should go back to consuming mediocre cinematic 3rd-person single-player games if that's all that's necessary to get you riled up.

Markio128

I have 1 month OG gamepass left, so this is perfect timing. It’d be rude not to blast through this one because it does look decent, especially for a small indie team.

GymWolf

And The Ascent is an RPG, but both are top down shooters.
Yeah but i don't expect high octane action with a fuckload of enemies and bullet on screen in weird west, they aim for different type of action imo.

I don't think you can solve things in a pacific\stealth way in the ascent like you can probably do in weird west (if it's really an immersive sims).

Looks amazing and it feels like these guys really nailed the cyberpunk feel, this might be my GOTY. Who is doing the music for this?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The game is £16.49 for a global Steam key on cdkeys right now. May jump in day one at that ludicrously low price since my friend is really into it as well.

Top Bottom