• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Classification has classified Red Dead Redemption 2, most likely for the PC

CyberPanda

Banned
The PC announcement for Red Dead Redemption 2 may be just around the corner. Earlier this month, the Australian Classification has denied the classification for a new Red Dead Redemption 2 entry. However, yesterday the Australian Classification classified Red Dead Redemption 2. I guess third time is a charm.

You can find the Australian Classification for Red Dead Redemption 2 here. As we can clearly see, this is coming from Rockstar Games itself. So yeah, this is the real deal.

Now it’s worth noting that Red Dead Redemption 2 had already been classified for PS4 and Xbox One back in 2018. As such, this new classification is for new platforms. Therefore, we are either looking for a PC or for a next-gen platform approval.

In short, this classification confirms that Red Dead Redemption 2 is most likely coming to other platforms than PS4 and Xbox One. However, we are not sure yet what these other platforms are. All we know is that this classification is under the “Computer Games” section.

My guess is that Take-Two and Rockstar will reveal the highly rumoured PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 in September/October. Let’s also not forget that earlier this month, Rockstar released its very own PC launcher. Therefore, it’s almost a certain that Red Dead Redemption 2 will come out on it.

It's really happening isn't it? :eek:

Paasei

The game wasn't that good. Proper KB+M controls have the chance to make it better, though.

But a whole launcher for just 1 game? I'll have to think about that.

DansDans

I feel like I've explained this about the Australian Classification system, but eh - here we go again

There is 0 evidence there that this is a PC version (and I am happy to be corrected and eat crow if it turns out to be the case) - the biggest take away I can take from this is that they've actually changed the name of the game from Red Dead Redemption II (original) to Red Dead Redemption 2 (new one) with just an ever so slight rewording of the consumer advice

Also, if you want to use GTAV as an example - don't. When they submitted the PC version of the game - you can see its clearly labelled PC

Again, happy to say I am wrong if it turns out it is RDR2 for the PC - but I'm just saying stop getting your hopes up

EDIT 2 - The author might be onto something - but has confused himself bigtime. He said the applicant was Rockstar Games - but if he bothered to click on his own link he would see the applicant is IARC - that is an International "committee" (for lack of a better word) whose run an algorithm over game content and generate an Australian approved classification (similar to what happened with DAYZ) - IARC is used for digital distribution games. So yeah, BIG ASS MAYBE

Last edited:
Top Bottom