• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Guess we should have a thread for this shitfest.

Antony Green's swing calculator for the 2019 federal election

The tragedy of the 2019 election

For the second time this decade, Australians are poised to remove a federal government without enthusiasm for the alternative. The incumbent, exhausted by years of infighting, faces an opposition united by the promise of an early return to office, but mindful that it has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory before.
Opposition Leader Bill Shorten finds himself in the equivalent position to Tony Abbott six years ago: unloved by the public but on the cusp of power on his own, uncompromising terms.

MrTickles

Feb 22, 2018
I'm am voting for the Turd Sandwich party. Actually no, maybe the Douche party.

Just kidding. I'm voting for muh girl Pauline.

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Labor in the senate vote.

For the House of Reps, 3 of the candidates in my area are Greg Hunt (Liberal), Joshua Sinclair (Labor) and Julia Banks (Independent). I'm tempted to vote for Turnbull's girl Banks, just because it would be funny to see her beat Hunt.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
I forgot to add it and it can't be edited in. Or at least I can't see the option when trying to edit it.

Tough titties!

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
I’m gonna vote for whoever promises to give me the most handouts, like other Australians

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
You mean SloMo? Still better than Shill. Do you want more feminism in politics? That’s how you get more feminism in politics.
Don’t you want the Chinese and crooked unions deciding policy?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Will be preferencing Labor first in the Lower House, and probably in the senate also.

Last edited:

farmerboy

Nov 17, 2013
Melbourne Australia
First time ever I'm undecided. Libs arefucking useless and I wouldn't trust William as far as I could throw him.

I tell you what, first cunt to back Israel Folau in, I'll vote them. As good a reason as any.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Here we see the truth. Lots of people here pretending to be Australian but probably have never set foot in the country. Fakers, all of you cunts are fakers.

If you actually were Australian you would know that we do not vote FOR someone. We always vote AGAINST someone. I.e. vote against the person you despise more.

It is also very un-Australian to never have had to pay the fine for not showing up to vote.

This is how it works. Find the candidate you despise the least then use that candidate as a proxy to vote against everyone else.

Last edited:

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Labor has announced it will contribute 50 per cent of hospital costs up from the current 45 per cent,. Good news for state finances.

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
Here we see the truth. Lots of people here pretending to be Australian but probably have never set foot in the country. Fakers, all of you cunts are fakers.

If you actually were Australian you would know that we do not vote FOR someone. We always vote AGAINST someone. I.e. vote against the person you despise more.

It is also very un-Australian to never have had to pay the fine for not showing up to vote.

This is how it works. Find the candidate you despise the least then use that candidate as a proxy to vote against everyone else.
What if i vote for nobody, cos they're all shit, useless or dickheads?

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
What if i vote for nobody, cos they're all shit, useless or dickheads?
You can do that. As long as you show up, they tick you off the voting list and you drop your ballot in the box. That is all you need to do.

Personally I will probably vote for Donald Trump. Or possibly Magnum P.I.

Last edited:

captainraincoat

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2010
If the liberals are running nothing but scare tactics the whole fucking election instead of actually showing what they want to do they are going to get buttfucked on Election Day

Sick of these stupid ads..people are not that dumb.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
What kind of uncultured, poor excuse for an Aussie, puts barbecue sauce on a meat pie? Deplatform that fat cunt.
Hey, don't bag on Clive Palmer. During Australia Day/Week, burgerurge has a special burger on their menu dedicated to him.
It is epic. It is glorious.
I will vote for him just because that burger exists.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Hey, don't bag on Clive Palmer. During Australia Day/Week, burgerurge has a special burger on their menu dedicated to him.
It is epic. It is glorious.
I will vote for him just because that burger exists.
Is it a meat pie with bbq sauce?

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Great, another one of those days where I have to walk into a school, avoid eye contact with every fuckwit trying to thrust their stupid pamphlets at me and then I stand in line the length of like I'm waiting for the worlds most awesome amusement park ride only to find I get some ballot paper 7ft long full of assholes I don't care for......only to find out 3 minutes after the announcement of who won the new PM has been backstabbed and some other random is running the country.

Reactions: Scopa and Cunth

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Ive already been pissed off by the local labor team giving me the same pamphlet twice over the last couple of days at the train station, which states how much of a focus this dude is gonna put on climate change. No thanks.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Great, another one of those days where I have to walk into a school, avoid eye contact with every fuckwit trying to thrust their stupid pamphlets at me and then I stand in line the length of like I'm waiting for the worlds most awesome amusement park ride only to find I get some ballot paper 7ft long full of assholes I don't care for......only to find out 3 minutes after the announcement of who won the new PM has been backstabbed and some other random is running the country.
Just do what I do and play flirtsies with the young women giving out the pamphlets. I consider them a challenge. Like churchies.

“Ah so, you think you’re pure and idealistic, hey? We’ll see about that.”

Makes the time fly by.

Reactions: haxan7