• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

The Australian Politics Thread

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Got any proof?

Or just baseless allegations?
This seems pretty baseless to me:

“It has been proven that most of the swings to the LNP came in lower socio-economic divisions, those who were too misinformed and misled by Murdoch media to understand that they were voting against their own interests.”

I am not in a low socioeconomic division, I am not misinformed, and I don’t follow Murdoch media, yet I voted Libs. I just didn’t like the idea of the social justice oriented direction that Shill wanted to take us in. I also didn’t want Plibersek the wage gap truther as my deputy PM.

DeSo

Dec 10, 2009
Australia
Well here's proof of Murdoch's influence.

"Across a three-day period TND found there were more than seven times the number of negative comments directed at Labor than at the Liberals –194 negatives to 27 respectively.
One Nation received almost three times as many positive comments as negative: 26 to 9."

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018

"Across a three-day period TND found there were more than seven times the number of negative comments directed at Labor than at the Liberals –194 negatives to 27 respectively.
One Nation received almost three times as many positive comments as negative: 26 to 9."
That might be proof of bias, but not influence.
Labor lost because of focusing on the environment over jobs.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Now do Fairfax, the Project, and all of the other left-biased sources that have just as much if not more influence. Seems very blinkered to look only at Murdoch.

DeSo

Dec 10, 2009
Australia
Now do Fairfax, the Project, and all of the other left-biased sources that have just as much if not more influence. Seems very blinkered to look only at Murdoch.
That's on you, I showed the bias of Rupert and News Corp., you show the bias of the "left".

DeSo

Dec 10, 2009
Australia
Also it seems you voted against Labor but you didn't vote for the LNP.

You voted against Labor because you hate one person and supposed "social justice".

Do you know how stupid this sounds?

You voted on petty reasons rather than policies?

Oh yeah, here's an article showing that the swings from lower economic status went to the LNP despite it disadvantaging them: https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2019/may/22/the-eight-charts-that-help-explain-why-the-coalition-won-the-2019-australian-election

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
on a scale of 1 to 10, how toxic is the masculinity of the new ministry

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

The rat man and his following rats are panicking since a complete wipe-out of Labor in QLD is actually on the table.
Just like 2012, again, labor will know the wrath of QLD. We will never fucking forget how you bastards treated Mr Rudd. And you will suffer for it. Forever.

I can't wait until next year. Please make next years election come soon.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: matt404au

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
I know Queensland likes its crazy politicians, but I thought we could all agree on hating Kevin Rudd.

This has left me more disillusioned than the election. :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Hate is too strong a word but I was never a Rudd fan.

He was better than that fuckwit Latham though.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
LNP Gestapo raided News Ltd yesterday, now they are going after the ABC over a 2 year old story.

And it looks like the LNP are running the economy well into the ground

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
To celebrate our fancy new thread name (thanks mod! (y)), here's some news. Very minor news.

"Can we send the Mormons to Indonesia with the rest of our rubbish?" said one comment, which was contained in a series of posts seen by The Age.

"This safe schooler sounds gay AF (as f--k)” said another, followed by: “The autism is strong with this one.”

Another post asked if the Liberal state president could “enact a de-mormonisation program like the allies did with the Nazis after WWII”.

A separate message quipped: "At least Mormons get laid, unlike moderates.”
Another makes homophobic slurs towards Young Liberal president Nicholas Lamanna, while a separate post references party member Rampal Muthyala, with the comment: “I want curries and I want them now.”

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Bill to Provide Gender Choice for Birth Certificate

Trans, gender diverse and intersex Victorians will no longer need to have gender reassignment surgery in order to change the sex on their birth certificate, under proposed new laws.
The state Labor government will today introduce a bill to parliament which, if passed, will allow applicants to self-nominate the sex listed on their birth registration as male, female, or any other gender diverse or non-binary descriptor of their own choice.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
ALP should shut up and ponder on why Siddle was never kicked out out parliament, or why fucking Craig Thompson took so long to drop.
Fear not, next year, QLD will teach Labor a lesson. Again.

MrTickles

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
Australian politics begins with Chinese government bribes and ends with US government Surveillance. For example the Labor party and the Liberals are surrogates of some powerful Hong Kong based billionaire power brokers that have been buying up our infrastructure and resources for make benefit mainland Chinese industry. Our largest telco (Telstra) routes ALL its traffic through FBI servers, this has been happening since 2005.

That's all you need to know. There is no 'Australian politics' and the election process is a sham. We just keep electing the status quo.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
LNP were never going to pass something like that, their conservative voters hate the unemployed/poor with a passion even if they themselves are on welfare (pension).

Probably a smart move by Labor. Hopefully we don't have a recession but if we do, they can announce that they are going to give the unemployed + pensioners a pay rise which will help the economy, help businesses, create jobs etc. when going into the next election, while attacking LNP over their recession and poor handling of the economy.