• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

The Australian Politics Thread

DeSo

Banned
Dec 10, 2009
Australia
Says Matt, who voted for the LNP.

What are your yearly earnings? If it's under 100k you are being took for all you're worth by those you voted for.

I can quote you saying you voted against Labor because they were too "woke".

How about you "wake up" and realilse this is Australia, not America and their stupid politics.

Seems you care more about American politics than where you live.

Fraud.

Last edited:
  • LOL
  • Fire
Reactions: matt404au and Scopa

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Says Matt, who voted for the LNP.

What are your yearly earnings? If it's under 100k you are being took for all you're worth by those you voted for.

I can quote you saying you voted against Labor because they were too "woke".

How about you "wake up" and realilse this is Australia, not America and their stupid politics.

Seems you care more about American politics than where you live.

Fraud.
Quote me then. Labor’s wokeness was a big reason I voted LNP this time. It was as much a vote against Shorten, Plibersek, et al. as a vote for Morrison and co. Not sure exactly why you’re trying to suggest I’m somehow contradicting myself. It’s all perfectly consistent.

Look at your recent post history bro. You’re a shrieker and you’ve given me plenty of lols with your hysterics. How about you “wake up” and realise that our own politics are downstream from what happens in America. Why do you think we have feminist theory like the Duluth model infecting our political institutions? Why are our mainstream politicians embracing intersectional ideology and rhetoric? It all stems from big brother.

DeSo

Banned
Dec 10, 2009
Australia
Why would I have to quote you when you just admitted it?

You threw away money because you you believe in the "woke" Labor boogyman.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: matt404au

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Why would I have to quote you when you just admitted it?

You threw away money because you you believe in the "woke" Labor boogyman.
It’s not a bogeyman. I simply listened to what was coming out of their mouths, and in regards to Plibersek specifically, the feminist dogma that was plastered all over her campaign page.

You’ve also blithely assumed my income and that I’m a povo cunt like you. You were mistaken.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Here, here.

Pay attention matt404au matt404au , a great man is speaking.
I'm well aware of our economic dependence on China, but I am looking at the bigger picture and prioritising the wellbeing of the world over my own personal circumstance as a miner. And trust me, if China's growth wanes as a result of Australian or US or other foreign policy, my own back pocket will be significantly dented, but I'm not willing to hand over the reigns of global trade to China just for my own selfish wants. They've had their moment in the sun and their totalitarian government and brainwashed populace represent a bigger threat to global stability than anything else in recent history.

Are you just championing this article/speech because of who said it or have you actually read it and thought about it critically? What do you think about this quote:

"Keating said no other state, including India, would catch up to China in terms of economic growth, while Donald Trump’s America was retreating within itself, with no appetite for military conflict with China."

a) I think he's wrong about India.

b) India is not the only alternative to China, and the collective sum of long-term, decentralised growth across multiple regions could more than make up for China slowing down, and has the benefits of not concentrating economic power in any one nation.

c) He seems to be criticising Trump for being anti-war. How does that align with the traditional moderate left?

Richardson's comments in that article are far more sensible. #SorryNotSorry to rebuff your deity. The left no longer represents the interests of the working class, Keating included. You're about 10 years behind, Scopes.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017

They're going to dump Scott! And replace him with...

Let's just keep the fat cunt instead.

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
I think it's trending because people are asking if there is a Libspill, which there isn't of course. Not yet anyway. Maybe in a year or two.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
This is coming from someone intelligent enough to be redbaited and fall for the rhetoric of the U.S. propaganda machine.
I told you I have been talking about China since long before it was the flavour of the month. Talking about it on NeoGAF, no less. All you have to do is search my name with China is a keyword, yet you'd rather project.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I told you I have been talking about China since long before it was the flavour of the month. Talking about it on NeoGAF, no less. All you have to do is search my name with China is a keyword, yet you'd rather project.
I’d rather judge, not project, thankyouverymuch, sir.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I’d rather judge, not project, thankyouverymuch, sir.
You’re accusing me of falling for a propaganda machine and not thinking for myself while simultaneously linking a politician’s speech and telling me to pay attention because of who said it, not what was said.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Reminder that I was right and Scopa Scopa ’s boy DeSo is a cum chump
I saw you reference him and I in that other thread and I still don’t know what you are talking about. Care to explain?

EDIT: So, you’re just going to put reactions to my posts (triggered/thoughtful) and not explain what you’re getting at?

*shrug*

It’s too early for this shit, Matt...

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

Interesting to see this on Aussie News. "Conspiracy" gets thrown around a lot, always in favor of certain governments and ideologies...
The minute these journalists use the propaganda term “regime” in relation to the United States Government, is the minute I’ll start taking their shit seriously.

While they are at it, they can also accompany their U.S. Government related stories with stock footage of American Military soldiers marching in unison and rocket systems on display.

I mean, fair is fair. You’d be hard-pressed to find a single news story about anything related to the Chinese or Russian Governments that isn’t portrayed as stated above, even if the story has no military relation.

Considering how many boots on ground the U.S.A. has in foreign nations, where’s the jackbooted, goosestepping footage of that “regime”?

It’s all bullshit for the simple-minded idiots. Trust no one. Question everything.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Who said anything about anyone else. I am criticising his personal judgement and character. It’s an absolutely gutless and pathetic move from him.
Sure, but it’s a binary system so the alternative option is relevant to the discussion. Regarding SloMo’s indiscretion, I’m not a fan and, coupled with the recent issues for ABC journalists, think we may have a problem. Banana republic dictator though? That’s hyperbolic.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Sure, but it’s a binary system so the alternative option is relevant to the discussion. Regarding SloMo’s indiscretion, I’m not a fan and, coupled with the recent issues for ABC journalists, think we may have a problem. Banana republic dictator though? That’s hyperbolic.
a little hyperbole is always fine in a political thread. It’s certainly sloppy and emblematic of how the libs lately have treated security matters and the like.

it’s not a binary system- you would think after the federal election (no major national boost for libs- huge boosts for Palmer one nation etc) and then the NSW election where the nats lost seats to many independent or smaller parties as well you would realise that?

this is why I’m sick of labor and why liberal supporters are (as shown by votes going against them) and should be sick of them- it shouldn’t be good enough to be “less shit” and stuff this catastrophically dumb should be punished. Howard or Rudd or Keating would be absolutely savaged for half the shit these muppets have gone through lately.

• Thoughtful

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
#ClimateCrisis more like #SummerDuringElNino ya bloody drongo

Remember all the droughts we had in the mid to late 00s? Same thing. There were severe bushfires then too.

El Niño

Read up on it so you don’t look like an idiot

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
#ClimateCrisis more like #SummerDuringElNino ya bloody drongo

Remember all the droughts we had in the mid to late 00s? Same thing. There were severe bushfires then too.

El Niño

Read up on it so you don’t look like an idiot
Matt's triggered!

I don't think the bushfires are due to climate change. I just like seeing our dipshit PM getting raked over the coals (hey hey!), no matter what the reason is.

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa