• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England

Statements of religious belief

Protection received: statements of religious belief will not be found to breach other federal, state and territory discrimination laws.

Examples:
  • A Christian may say that unrepentant sinners will go to hell, an example cited in the EM which mirrors the facts of Israel Folau’s case
  • A doctor may tell a transgender patient of their religious belief that God made men and women in his image and that gender is therefore binary (EM)
  • A single mother who, when dropping her child off at daycare, may be told by a worker that she is sinful for denying her child a father (Public Interest Advocacy Centre)
  • A woman may be told by a manager that women should submit to their husbands or that women should not be employed outside the home (PIAC)
  • A student with disability may be told by a teacher their disability is a trial imposed by God (PIAC)
  • A person of a minority faith may be told by a retail assistant from another religion that they are a “heathen destined for eternal damnation” (PIAC).
Caveats – statements must be made in good faith; not be malicious or harass, vilify or incite hatred against a person or group; not advocate for the commission of a serious criminal offence.

Religious activity

Protection received: discrimination against a person on the basis of religious activity is unlawful.

Example: public evangelising/street-preaching – even where this is in contravention of council bylaws (EM, Just Equal).

----

So people with real life issues can be discriminated against, but people that believe in fairytale bullshit are protected. Makes sense.
Freedom of speech is far more important than someone's feelings getting hurt.

Honestly these laws don't go far enough, and should extend to everyone, not just those with a religious faith.

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
We have our own Greta now!

I get the feeling ScoMo's approval rating might drop a little.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I have my supply of butyric acid ready. You glue yourself on the road where I live and I will pour a cup of it a few meters away. upwind.
Have fun. The smell is an aquired taste but I guess you get used to it eventually.

EDIT: If you haven't smelt it it is the most vomit inducing foul smell you will ever experience. I would personally pick smelling tear gas straight from the cannister than this acid.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: matt404au

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I have my supply of butyric acid ready. You glue yourself on the road where I live and I will pour a cup of it a few meters away. upwind.
Have fun. The smell is an aquired taste but I guess you get used to it eventually.

EDIT: If you haven't smelt it it is the most vomit inducing foul smell you will ever experience. I would personally pick smelling tear gas straight from the cannister than this acid.
That sounds like a lot of effort. I’d just keep driving.

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017

"I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had."

What the fuck! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Basil is a total tool, the 2nd worst footy caller behind Hamish McFlog.

Maybe it's the makeup or botox or something but even with the gray hair, Gretel looks younger now than she did when she was hosting Big Brother.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
This shit is all on you cunts.

If you had just voted for Clive Palmer like I did (he has a burger dedicated to him at Burger Urge)
I am sure we wouldn't even had had any bushfires to start with.

Clive is love. Clive is life. Clive is no bushfires in australia.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017

"I'm sick of the government being in my life."

Quit parliament then, ya cunt.

And put your hat on and some sunscreen.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

"I'm sick of the government being in my life."

Quit parliament then, ya cunt.

And put your hat on and some sunscreen.
He is pommy refrigerator white and someone left him outside for too long in the mid-day summer sun and he just got
Vitamine D Overdose Delerium. Prolly should go to the skin cancer checkup place for his burnt scalp too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullet Club

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Im visiting Australia at the moment. Beautiful country. Gorgeous women. Hope u guys dont fuck it up and keep it that way.

• Fire

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Mostly Melbourne and also spent a few days at Airlie Beach. Prob the nicest cleanest beaches ive ever seen and the women...wow. All i gotta say is you Aussie guys are some lucky SOBs.
Whitsundays in general are amazing!

Enjoy Melbourne, mate. Watch out for the dirty, stinking hipsters though.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: pramod

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Mostly Melbourne and also spent a few days at Airlie Beach. Prob the nicest cleanest beaches ive ever seen and the women...wow. All i gotta say is you Aussie guys are some lucky SOBs.
Even though Adelaide is one of the smaller capital cities, it has a higher hot women ratio than anywhere else. It is known.

We also have the best weed in Australia.

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Even though Adelaide is one of the smaller capital cities, it has a higher hot women ratio than anywhere else. It is known.

We also have the best weed in Australia.
Objectively wrong

tbh the only thing I know about Adelaide is that the balls are always touching

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I see lots of hotter girls just randomly walking around a mall in Melbourne.
Who said she’s one of the hotter ones? She’s girl next door around here.

I was just picking an internationally known Adelaidean to go up against Margot.

Try to keep up fellas.

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017

ScoMo takes Wind Beneath My Wings off his turntable, with a tear in his eye.

Dutton takes another step forward.

Edit:

Dutton takes two steps forward.

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Jul 4, 2016
I get people wanting to take holidays and the job of PM or president can't be an easy one but Fucking hell, when shits hitting the fan I expect our "leaders" to be sitting in a war room somewhere trying everything they can to come up with a solution. How about postpone the holiday? Or, you know, lead?

Reactions: Bullet Club

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya

Only question is who does Rupert Murdoch want as PM?
The music is cringe af but apart from that, what's the issue with the ad? I haven't seen these things reported anywhere in the media, I've only seen the pile-on. How else is he supposed to communicate to the public what is being done?