• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
It was $25 for the MD2.

Imagine all the cool shit recycle centres would have gotten 20 years ago. SNES, MD, Amiga, Saturn etc...I bet some prick probably threw away their Neo Geo.
Is there a timestamp for the recycle centre?

So, is this where the dero hard rubbish vultures take their score? Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullet Club

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I've never taken anything from sidewalk hard rubbish.
Yeah, I’m too much of a germaphobe (read: smart). The only things I would take from hard rubbish is if I saw someone dumping a NES/SNES etc, because I don’t like seeing those things lost to time. They should be preserved.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I’m too much of a germaphobe (read: smart). The only things I would take from hard rubbish is if I saw someone dumping a NES/SNES etc, because I don’t like seeing those things lost to time. They should be preserved.
I said to my brother a few years ago that if I ever saw any gaming thing on the nature strip I'd grab it, and later that day I took the dog for a walk a saw 2 Rock Band drum kits. I didn't take them.

• Triggered
  • LOL
Reactions: Scopa and Cato

Shrap

Aug 26, 2019
Thanks to Scott Morrison overriding the vic premier's plans last night non-essential retail will remain open. Why? I guess you gotta give the people enclosed spaces to gather in large numbers, buy things they don't need and spread the virus even further. I really need to get myself some masks for my shifts this week. Anyone know where I can get some?

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Thanks to Scott Morrison overriding the vic premier's plans last night non-essential retail will remain open. Why? I guess you gotta give the people enclosed spaces to gather in large numbers, buy things they don't need and spread the virus even further. I really need to get myself some masks for my shifts this week. Anyone know where I can get some?
Economic reasons I assume

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
The masks are mainly to make people feel safe, they don't actually protect against any virii.

They are just as efficient protecting against virii as getting a t-shirt protects against a bullet.
What if getting at-shirt meant that you were in a slightly different spot physically than you otherwise would have been? A bullet missed because you were buying a t-shirt!

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Was at coles. They have heaps of toiletpaper now.
But I was planning to bake some multigrain bread and needed ROASTED SUNFLOWER SEEDS and POPPY SEEDS
and they were all out of ROASTED SUNFLOWER SEEDS!

Damned corona virus, or Putin, not sure who to blame. I had to bake french white bread instead.
I can't even bake bread properly right now. It is like living like an animal in a post apocalyptic nightmare.
Damned Putin. Why did you take my SUNFLOWER SEEDS away? You evil evil man.

• Triggered
Reactions: matt404au

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
I haven't seen any TP at the supermarket for a month. Still have about 10 rolls left. Did get some tissues and paper towels though.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
So, we lost over a million jobs this week already. That is a rise of unemployment of >10% in just a couple of days.
Late next week we will be at >30% unemployment?

At some stage the cure becomes more damaging than the disease itself.
And Scomo wants us to go to >50% unemployment and keep it like that for the next 6-12 months?

Times like this I am happy to be a dual citizen. I love australia but I am not sure there will be anything you can meaninfully refer to as a country anymore if scomo keeps this up for another 6 months.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: matt404au

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
At some stage the cure becomes more damaging than the disease itself.
And Scomo wants us to go to >50% unemployment and keep it like that for the next 6-12 months?
The country will just have a massive debt that will slowly get paid back. Like most countries.

Australia and the world can recover from debt. You can't recover from death.

And it will be more like 30% unemployment, which should drop fairly quickly when things settle.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
What about SJWism?
Haven't been there in over 12 years. The cucks would probably make me bull-king or something if I went there and swung my dong around.

But we actually are immune against bubonic plague because we were hit so hard by it.
By random coincidence this immunity also translates to almost-immunity against HTLv3
because science and genetics.

For the SJW men, when Bull-King I would whip them in their face with my dong, humiliate them and then have my court jester poop on them to make sure they understand their status in the hierarchy.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
I’m in a corporate role so only issue so far is having to work from home. I realise I’m one of the lucky ones though. I’ve been helping my 70 year old dad with Centrelink and it seems that because he’s still working (chef) he’s not eligible for the Age Pension but because he’s over the Age Pension age he’s not eligible for JobSeeker and therefore can’t receive the Chinese Virus stimulus. Utter retardation.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Yeah that's fucked up.

It could probably be worked out if you can get in touch with them but how do you do that? They're swamped. All the Cemtrelink cutbacks are really starting to bite now.
Yeah I’ve tried calling several times and I can’t even join a queue, just says user busy and hangs up

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Yeah that's fucked up.

It could probably be worked out if you can get in touch with them but how do you do that? They're swamped. All the Cemtrelink cutbacks are really starting to bite now.
I don't think it is cutbacks that is swamping them but rather that they were never scaled to handle a million new jobseekers per week in the first place.
The country is unwinding.
Wonder how the state governments will handle the very dramatic drop in payroll taxes and gst. That is where most of their budget comes from, right?

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Rotten cunts.
That is crazy. China's going to have to be dealt with harshly after this is over. The West just can't let them get off easy like that. Time to fuck that shitty regime up and put it in the history books.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
I don't think it is cutbacks that is swamping them but rather that they were never scaled to handle a million new jobseekers per week in the first place.
That's true, but they would still be better prepared if the cutbacks weren't so severe.

Labor did cutbacks too, so it's not just the LNP's fault, although they went way harder.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
That's true, but they would still be better prepared if the cutbacks weren't so severe.

Labor did cutbacks too, so it's not just the LNP's fault, although they went way harder.
Can't be that hard to train and hire new people. Arn't they basically just filling out forms and doing data-entry to register people into various schemes and registers?

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Dutton has already said they knew some black market cunts were hoarding the shit. Hope those fuckers get whats coming to them.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Also, why do chinese get so much leeway to come over to Australia, buy shit up all over the place and pretty much do what they want. I know the answer is money, but fuck them

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Also, why do chinese get so much leeway to come over to Australia, buy shit up all over the place and pretty much do what they want. I know the answer is money, but fuck them
You know the English did the same thing for centuries, right?

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
You know the English did the same thing for centuries, right?
If you’re gonna go down this self-hating sins of the father lol colonialists just getting their comeuppance line of thinking lemme just stop you right there and pre-emptively say fuck off to Reeee and take clownbrow with you