• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Ah, it’s ok when the mother country does it or the United States of America. But, yellow man bad.
You fucking idiot

You’ve evidently been consuming the mind rot

I thought you were cooler than this, though not actually cool

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
If you’re gonna go down this self-hating sins of the father lol colonialists just getting their comeuppance line of thinking lemme just stop you right there and pre-emptively say fuck off to Reeee and take clownbrow with you
You first.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Ah, it’s ok when the mother country does it or the United States of America. But, yellow man bad.
The english we call : fucking whinging poms
The chineese we call: yellow man

Who is the privileged cunt we need to kick down a few notches?
Anyway, now is now and we don't want to interact with people that are so depraved they run organ harvesting vans or concentration camps.
Once they stop doing that shit, maybe, we will let them visit our country again.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
So this:

doesn’t describe American government and companies?

Who’s the idiot really?
You’re cheering for the fucking Chinese to do it to us idiot

You think this makes you a big brain but it’s just the typical sneering reddit self-hatred

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
or concentration camps.

You’re cheering for the fucking Chinese to do it to us idiot

You think this makes you a big brain but it’s just the typical sneering reddit self-hatred
You start insulting and throwing derogatory names about because I refuse to join in the drooling mass bigotry like a feckless moron?

You show your arse in all it’s glory too often.

• LOL
Reactions: SLoWMoTIoN

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
jeez pretty sensitive. whats the difference between me saying fuck china, and you saying fuck america. apart from skin colour

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya

You start insulting and throwing derogatory names about because I refuse to join in the drooling mass bigotry like a feckless moron?

You show your arse in all it’s glory too often.
No, you're doing that self-aggrandizing millennial leftist thing where you denigrate and drag down your own because it makes you feel intellectually superior. You're not, and you'd be the first to have your organs harvested if you got what you apparently advocate for.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
jeez pretty sensitive. whats the difference between me saying fuck china, and you saying fuck america. apart from skin colour
I’m not saying “fuck America”. I am pointing out the double standards on display which is all too prevalent in today’s western society.

If people like you spewed this shit around equally, you wouldn’t hear a peep from me, but it’s all silence when western “allies” do the same or very similar. I’m all about fairness.

And gee, if I’m “sensitive”, what do you make of Matt’s on the rag screeching. I’m talking rationally, he’s off the handle.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
ok next time i say 'fuck this place' ill make sure to add 'but dont forget to fuck all these other places too'

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
No, you're doing that self-aggrandizing millennial leftist thing where you denigrate and drag down your own because it makes you feel intellectually superior. You're not, and you'd be the first to have your organs harvested if you got what you apparently advocate for.
You have no idea what type of person I am or what my goals are. You need to calm down and stop acting like a child.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Scott Moron has an idea that businesses will "hibernate" for the next 6 months and then start up as if nothing happened.
Good luck with that.

He thinks that if he shuts down virtually all businesses for 6 months, he can just click a button and they will un-hibernate again?
And provide service to a middle class that no longer exist and a country where almost everyone is broke and lives on the dole.

Last edited:

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I have even thought about how he could potentially fund this, without running massive monetary injections and cause massive inflation for an extended period.

We all have to chip in.
Let the government, temporarily, borrow all super annuation savings from all australians interest free.
Once the economy recovers it will be paid back.
We can call it Temporary Super Annuation Redistribution Order 6102.

For pensioners that are already withdrawing from their super every month, instead they get the equivalent of a dole payment from centrelink everymonth. (this will be deducted from the super annuation when it will later be returned back from the government.)

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: matt404au

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Fucking media.
Someone tries to do something, anything, and they all go negative right away.
We should all just lie down and die and let Murdoch decide.

Remember how they scolded Clive few months back when he offered his private helicopter and pilot for the use of the firefighters
during the bushfires and that was so terribly wrong too?
They are the enemy of the people.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
How are the council elections going for you Queenslanders? Anyone been sneezed on?

Imagine getting COVID-19 at a council election. Besides the people running for it, does anyone even give a fuck about council elections?

Council elections here are all done by post. Have been for at least a decade.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Yeah, that should be grounds for a smack in the teeth.

Actually, a cop did that last year, I just remembered. That was so good.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Yeah, that should be grounds for a smack in the teeth.

Actually, a cop did that last year, I just remembered. That was so good.
Guy in the local men-shed used to be a cop in nsw.
Back in the 70s they sent new recruits to the special unit to go around to all the biker bars and check thing, while the rest of the team called the bars up in advance and made sure they got the 60 second fisticuffs challenge at each place.
Tougher times and stronger men.

They would not have had any trouble at all to figure out how to resolve this issue,

A different time.

(paraphrasing Reno911 season 6, Rizzo: This is a nightstick. nightsticks can often solve issue that words can not.)

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Scopa

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
That sounds fun for people living in cities /s. Well I will continue to walk the beach every morning anyway (without violating those rules since there are never people around my beach).

What is next step?
We go another week and the virus situation has not been resolved, then we go to 1 person gatherings being the max?

Followed by 0 person gatherings the week after that?
(also referred to as "you can not leave your place of living under any circumstances. And the army will bring a weekly supply of food to your door)

I think there is a limit on how long people will accept this, so if there is no immediate "virus averted, we go back to normal" within the next month (won't happen) people will eventually say "fuck it, I will take my chances. Anything is better than living like a caged animal indefinitely" and then they will revolt.

Reactions: mickaus

Shrap

Aug 26, 2019
The best thing about this is retail is still up and running and way more people can be inside these stores AKA enclosed areas. The store I work at for example allows 100 people to be inside at the same time (which isn't even monitored or enforced) and they all head to the same areas for the most part. This is absolutely pointless and stupid.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Just to ponder on how silly people were in the past.
First polio vaccine came out in 1950. It then took us almost 70 years with mandatory vaccinations
of pretty much the entire world population to (almost) eradicate the virus.

Such a waste of money and resources when they could just have had a few months of "social distancing" in 1951 and have ended the virus there and then. Just think about how much money we would have saved if we had not have had to vaccinate single every child for the next 60+ years.

This is a joke sarcastic post. To make the point that it is really really hard to kill of virii.
I think scomos plan will not work. Once he has suppressed the infection rate enough that he can lift the restrictions,
the virus will flare back up again. Until everyone has been infected and become immune.
I personally think that any attempt to "kill off the virus" this way is just delusional.
(that said, slowing the inevitable down has other benefits though. It buys time to ramp up resources and prepare for when everyone is infected.)
Viruses are hard to eradicate. A lot harder than scomo thinks.

I hope I am proven wrong. I do.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
One way or another this virus is gonna spread through the community. This is just posturing. Do they expect to have people stay home for another 18 months?

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
It is a tragedy. We need a strong leader, or just anyone that can make strong speeches, rally people and bring hope.

And instead we got this goofy uncle that is almost like a middle management bureaucrat at the department of dispensing hearing aids for service dogs.
Who is he going to motivate? Who is going to feel "yeah, our leader knows what he is doing" "scott knows how to navigate this and get us to the finishing line". Who? Who is going to be fired up and filled with hope when they see him?

Jesus. Even wingnut Abbot would have been better.
What did we do to make god so angry with us that this is the punishment and how can we not do it again?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: matt404au and Cunth

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Scott did it! He finally said it !

"...completely change the way they are going to live for the next six months at least..."

Lockdown for at least 6 more months. Good luck with that. Hahaha.
I don't think he will survive politically for 6 months. TBH.
It is all fun and games until you have been locked inside your tiny city appartment for several months like a caged animal at the back of the circus.

I give it one month, two at most, and city people will start torching policecars and "not give a fuck about 2-person-rule no more" :)

Good thing to know thought that when 3 or more people are walking a dog, that is the main vector we have to stop to prevent the spread, but 300 people in the same floor of a cramped office building with airconditioning shooting the air round and round is not a vector at all. hahaha Fuck you scott.

Last edited:

Shrap

Aug 26, 2019

Scott did it! He finally said it !

"...completely change the way they are going to live for the next six months at least..."

Lockdown for at least 6 more months. Good luck with that. Hahaha.
I don't think he will survive politically for 6 months. TBH.
It is all fun and games until you have been locked inside your tiny city appartment for several months like a caged animal at the back of the circus.

I give it one month, two at most, and city people will start torching policecars and "not give a fuck about 2-person-rule no more" :)
You aren't locked down. You can go out at any time.

This "lockdown" has made me realise how weak so many people are. I'm sure a bunch of you will be complaining of PTSD next week because it's so hard being inside your own dwelling. Prisoners must be laughing their arses off right now.
Good thing to know thought that when 3 or more people are walking a dog, that is the main vector we have to stop to prevent the spread, but 300 people in the same floor of a cramped office building with airconditioning shooting the air round and round is not a vector at all. hahaha Fuck you scott.
I agree with this. It's the same situation with stores. Completely financially driven - people being outside doesn't make any money so he can restrict the number of people as much as he wants, but business and retail makes money so we can't be too strict on that. Completely inconsistent regulations and transparent motivations.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
It is a tragedy. We need a strong leader, or just anyone that can make strong speeches, rally people and bring hope.

And instead we got this goofy uncle that is almost like a middle management bureaucrat at the department of dispensing hearing aids for service dogs.
Who is he going to motivate? Who is going to feel "yeah, our leader knows what he is doing" "scott knows how to navigate this and get us to the finishing line". Who? Who is going to be fired up and filled with hope when they see him?

Jesus. Even wingnut Abbot would have been better.
What did we do to make god so angry with us that this is the punishment and how can we not do it again?
We’ve had nothing but retards since Howard

Kevin Rudd
Julia Gillard
Tony Abbott
Malcolm Turnbull

You reckon any of these clowns would’ve been any better?

Reactions: slugbahr

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
We’ve had nothing but retards since Howard

Kevin Rudd
Julia Gillard
Tony Abbott
Malcolm Turnbull

You reckon any of these clowns would’ve been any better?
You are probably right.
I remember how Howard handled the bushfires in Blue Mountains.
He went there right away in his track-suit met people in some parkinglot and told them he would take care of things and they would be allright.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
I mean it's the right thing to do

but fuck me the bullshit libs will twist into after watching these chucklefucks drag labor for putting us in "GENERATIONAL DEBT!!" for getting us through the GFC

LABOR WASTE
LABOR SPENDING

And now... they do the exact same thing!

Kinda different when you are the ones responsible, isn't it??

I'm actually somewhat impressed by the responses, not what I'd expect out of the liberals to be honest.

I wonder how they will even try to bring the budget back after this. Surely we don't even sniff getting 'back in black' (fucking lol) until the mid 2030s at this point.

Tax the FUCK out of mining and big corps.

They don't create as many jobs as they say anymore (combo of automation and just lying- Adani for example only would give us 1500 jobs- how much do they actually give back to Australia past that- and what do they take in subsidies?)

If they piss off, take their subsidies and jam it into infrastructure projects here.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
They will pay 3000/month for 6 million australians?
That is fucking 50% of the entire workforce.

Scott is deliberately leading us down a path he knows will lead to >50% unemployment.
Not even the great depression had those projected numbers. And he thinks after 6 months everything will be back to normal
all the businesses will re-open as if nothing happened and it will be all good again?

What will actually happen is that any employee that costs > 3000/month but only gets subsidised by <=3000 per months will be laid off unless they can generate enough revenue to justify the delta.
No one will keep people around on their payroll if they are running a loss. No matter how much Scott thinks that will happen.

That shit only worked in Soviet in the 80s. You had 18 workers and one foreman in a factory making wooden pallets, they all sit in the rec room drinking vodka the entire day, every day.
Sporadically one or two employees would go out and nail one or two boards together, on the way to the store to get more vodka.
19 people working full time and they build one or two wooden pallets a day.

This shit Scott is proposing does not work in a capitalist market economy. Scott will be very disappointed.

What is next step when in 6 months things are even worse. He will pay 2000/month for 75% of the workforce?
The middle class will be destroyed. All savings, all assets will become worthless.
There will be no one around to rebuild or reinvest.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

Is walking the dog considered "essential"? It better be.

Edit: Just as I posted this, an ad came on TV and said as of 11:59pm tonight, there are only 4 reasons you can leave the house: Work, shopping, going to the doctor and exercise. The last one would include taking a dog for a walk.

Last edited: