• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Ah, so the reason "why is all of regional victoria under level 3 restrictions eventhough most places there has never had a single case?"

Is basically "they must be under restrictions or else people want to go there".

I guess it is some weird grotesque kind of solidarity. Because some places are under lockdown, therefore ALL places must be under lockdown or else it would not be fair.

Glad I don't live in that crazy state.

Last edited:

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
Has the lockdown even been truly effective? Looking at the timeline of the lockdown it began around early July in Melbourne, so it has been about 2 months so far with case numbers still not down to practically zero. Weren't the masks and social distancing supposed to decrease chances of spreading by 90% anyway? Lockdowns seem very inefficient at this point.

Reactions: Aarbron

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012
Swanny. The one and only true Magpies legend. #Swanny4prez

Also, remember those 8 and half million times Dan uttered the immortal words 'we're following the science'?

Well...

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Oh noes, BFF Sutton throws Comrade Dan under the bus.
It was such a beautiful male bonding and love story while it lasted but now it is over.
No more Tumbler Shipping fan-fiction or art then I suppose :-(

What a shitshow.

EDIT: WTF? “I can’t pinpoint the individual and the day, I can’t give you a specific person,” he said, again noting “it makes the job of police much easier”. WTF? The fucking east germany curfew had nothing to do with health but just to make it easier for the police to arrest people? WTF?
Build a fucking wall now. These people down there that are all in support for this BS can never be allowed into our states.

Last edited:

Aarbron

Jul 21, 2020
if dan gets reelected victoria is a lost cause
Labor will romp in again here.

Mention anything to a fellow Victorian that goes against Dan's plans and you get piled upon. That includes something as innocuous as expressing some discomfort with wearing a mask after a few hours (happened to me yesterday). It is fucked up.

I spent 10yrs living in Sydney (work and study) and returned for family. Biggest regret ever. Even Scrambletown (Campbelltown) was more enjoyable than this.

• Triggered
Reactions: Cunth

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Australian woman ordered to pay $10,000 in discrimination damages for liking a Facebook post.

Last edited:

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
Australian woman ordered to pay $10,000 in discrimination damages for liking a Facebook post.

GET THE FUCK OFF SOCIAL MEDIA, PEOPLE!!

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

If we comment or like that post we might get sued.

If some wants to sue me, my name is Matt Cunth.

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012

He probably has forgotten, he is a dumb cunt.

It’s driven by the fear that many Victorians continue to have of the coronavirus and the practical reality that, like it or not, only the Andrews government can get them past this second wave.
About sums it up. People need to wake up and realise this thing is not nearly as bad as it's being sold

Too lazy to find the twit, but saw on the Jonesy show last night a poll that The Age ran regarding the the stupid fucking roadmap. It asked if people were happy with it. Some 113,000 votes with 84% saying it was bs...

Public opinions turning as people are locked up longer and longer I feel. Somethings gotta give soon, surely.

Aarbron

Jul 21, 2020

Poppin' mommas have been getting it lately in VIC.

Interesting to see the comments on VicPol's twitter lately. Particularly when seeking witnesses to come forward for violent crime. A lot of goodwill has been eroded, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Interesting to see the comments on VicPol's twitter lately. Particularly when seeking witnesses to come forward for violent crime. A lot of goodwill has been eroded, unfortunately.
What I find most disturbing is not these cops, that are completely uselelss, but the comments.
It seems like a huge number of Victorians celebrate this and blame the woman.

Is this the average position from Melbournians? they celebrate the cops and berate the pregnant woman as a covidiot?
Jesus christ. The state is lost.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Cunth and Aarbron

charlie_s123

Apr 19, 2018

She sounds like a drama queen tbh. The way people are saying she was bullied makes it seem like she was cuffed and marched off.

• Thoughtful

Aarbron

Jul 21, 2020
She sounds like a drama queen tbh. The way people are saying she was bullied makes it seem like she was cuffed and marched off.
That is a fair enough point to be honest. I think my own frustration with the lockdowns (losing work, not being able to find work now etc) makes me be overly judgmental of these isolated situations.

Perhaps time for me take a step back and chill out.

Reactions: charlie_s123

charlie_s123

Apr 19, 2018
That is a fair enough point to be honest. I think my own frustration with the lockdowns (losing work, not being able to find work now etc) makes me be overly judgmental of these isolated situations.

Perhaps time for me take a step back and chill out.
All good. It's fair to be frustrated. I would be too. I've got family in Vic and really feel for them at the moment. Hopefully, the gov are planning a way they can open up the majority of the state that's not a hotspot so people can get on with their lives. It just feels like a lot of people are trying to blow things out of proportion because they don't like Dan Andrews, e.g. it's literally communist Russia, build a wall around Vic, etc. It's ridiculous hyperbole.

I hope you can find work again and life can get back closer to normal for all Victorians soon.

Reactions: mickaus and Aarbron

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
What I find most disturbing is not these cops, that are completely uselelss, but the comments.
It seems like a huge number of Victorians celebrate this and blame the woman.

Is this the average position from Melbournians? they celebrate the cops and berate the pregnant woman as a covidiot?
Jesus christ. The state is lost.
victorians seem super subservient

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
What I don’t understand is why the lockdown has taken this long to bring down the numbers below 100 a day. Are people going around to other people’s houses and coughing on them while doing their daily exercise or something? Weren’t the masks supposed to dramatically decrease transmission as well? What a mess.

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012
Had the cops called on me today by some mask vigilantes (same ones I think I made a post a few weeks back about) for not wearing a mask, while playing some basketball with a few other guys at a local outdoor court. After everything I'd seen recently with heavy handed policing I thought it might get fucky. But they were actually totally cool, and told us we were obviously exercising and they weren't going to do anything. They didn't even mind the fact I was talking to them with no mask on. And they also seemed more interested in the junkie type idiots that called them in the first place then us too, which was amusing.

So that was all a bit of a surprise. Good to see there's still some reasonable and sane officers out there.

What I don’t understand is why the lockdown has taken this long to bring down the numbers below 100 a day. Are people going around to other people’s houses and coughing on them while doing their daily exercise or something? Weren’t the masks supposed to dramatically decrease transmission as well? What a mess.
Hmmm. Its almost like the lockdown and masks don't do shit. But we must keep locking down harder. Then, when the virus runs its course and infections go right down, our wonderful Dictator can say 'See, I saved you all. I'll organise an extra parcel of food to be delivered to everyone next week, just in time for the Dan Day celebration!'

• Thoughtful
Reactions: mickaus

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
Masks.
AND keep 1.5m apart.
AND don't have anyone inside your home.

ALSO... FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON
AND don't travel more than 5km from home (unless you have "papers")
AND don't leave your home after 8pm.

FOR MONTHS!!

GO FUCK YOURSELF, ANDREWS!!
FUCK YOU, CHINA!!
FUCK YOU, ANDREWS!!!

• Strength
Reactions: mickaus

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

On Thursday, Scott Morrison said that he was “mystified” by Queensland’s decision to refuse to allow Caisip to attend her father’s funeral, telling Sky News that such decisions meant Australia is “in danger” of losing its humanity.

“We have got to find a better way to deal with the heart here.”

ScoMo talking about losing humanity. The LNP lost that decades ago.

Not letting the girl go to the funeral was fucked up though.

Reactions: Aarbron and mickaus

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Last edited:

zombrex

Mar 8, 2018
Maintaining the ability to refine fuel is definitely a national security issue.
The 1c a litre it will cost is reasonable. if anything they should be increasing some of the stockpiles further.

Reactions: Aarbron and Cunth