• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
>Went down to get more beer,
>Wife was watching some new netflix shit : brave new world
>Told her the book is a classic but a lot darker than this
"made for young adult" shit
>gave wife a copy of Huxley's book.
> told her to read "a brave new world"

Will I ever get lucky again once she realizes how dark it is and WHY
he thought Orwell and his 1984 was just ramblings of an innocent child with no imagination of what actual tyranny is?

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
How is Jacinda winning? While I don't pay attention to NZ politics, she seems like a gun grabbing, authoritarian nightmare who can't stop virtue signaling.

Is NZ just that utterly left? Or am I wrong about her?

It's always been on my list of places I wanted to travel, but...

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
How is Jacinda winning? While I don't pay attention to NZ politics, she seems like a gun grabbing, authoritarian nightmare who can't stop virtue signaling.

Is NZ just that utterly left? Or am I wrong about her?

It's always been on my list of places I wanted to travel, but...
It is NZ.
Think of them as SF bay area but instead of tech they have sheep.
It is the rural cousin coming into town.

But lets not bag on them too much. They have and continue to provide scientific data that man and farm animal can not have viable offspring.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
It is NZ.

But lets not bag on them too much. They have and continue to provide scientific data that man and farm animal can not have viable offspring.
But shouldn't some rural farmland be based? I don't understand why Australia and NZ are suffering the same ills as Europe, etc.

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com
>Went down to get more beer,
>Wife was watching some new netflix shit : brave new world
>Told her the book is a classic but a lot darker than this
"made for young adult" shit
>gave wife a copy of Huxley's book.
> told her to read "a brave new world"

Will I ever get lucky again once she realizes how dark it is and WHY
he thought Orwell and his 1984 was just ramblings of an innocent child with no imagination of what actual tyranny is?
There are easier ways to divorce your wife, bruv.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
The amount of clown in victoria and its handling of the hotel quaranteen in unbounded.

Now it turns out that while they were testing them for bat-aids, they might have clowned up so much to possibly expose them to real-aids instead.

Doc to victim: So good news is that the test shows you don't have bat-aids. Now for the bad news, since we are all clowns here we re-used the test kits so you might have caught real-aids instead.
(though to be honest, considering the hysteria about bat-aids, maybe people will sigh and "thank god I just got normal-aids an not bat-aids")

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Cunth and mickaus

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012
Dans been talking about ankle bracelets in his daily shitfests...

The amount of clown in victoria and its handling of the hotel quaranteen in unbounded.

Now it turns out that while they were testing them for bat-aids, they might have clowned up so much to possibly expose them to real-aids instead.

Doc to victim: So good news is that the test shows you don't have bat-aids. Now for the bad news, since we are all clowns here we re-used the test kits so you might have caught real-aids instead.
(though to be honest, considering the hysteria about bat-aids, maybe people will sigh and "thank god I just got normal-aids an not bat-aids")

Depends on the aids they get though. If it's Magic Johnson aids, those are pretty harmless, much like bat aids.

DJT123

Aug 27, 2020
South Africa
It is NZ.

I think a tiny, mostly isolated country like NZ get's a raging hard-on from International Media coverage of Jacinda. "See uso, the prestigious NYT approves of our great leader, Chuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr."

Last edited:

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
What's going on here, Dan?? I thought all your decisions were determined based on medical advice...

Dan cancelled this event because of public opinion NOT medical advice. He did the same thing with the 8pm curfew. First Dan said Brett Sutton asked for the curfew, he didn't, and then he said Vic Police asked for it, they didn't... the police commissioner went on 3AW Radio and said he was never asked, nor requested it.

And even after 3+ months of all this bullshit, Dan and his mates still can't remember who made the decision to use private security for the hotel quantine.

When are people going to wake up to Dan's bullshit?

Last edited:

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
Fuck Andrews! Melbourne today has hit the two week average of 5 cases a day but fucking Cuntface Dan still won't be lifting all the restrictions he claimed he would according to his roadmap.

Reactions: mickaus and falcs

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Fuck Andrews! Melbourne today has hit the two week average of 5 cases a day but fucking Cuntface Dan still won't be lifting all the restrictions he claimed he would according to his roadmap.
What? The fucking arbitrary number of 5 he pulled put out of his ass a few months ago?
Why does the ass-number have any significance? What if he pulled out 4.9 or 5.2 or something similarly retarded?
And why are people focused at some kind of retard ass-number in the first place? Is this some kind of new fucked up Victoria state religion?

He said 5 is the magic number months ago and now it is a religion?
What if you just said, fuck your number communist boy, we are not going to live our lives in a prison based on what number you shit out.
But that would require Victorians to actually grow a spine and not go all Karen when "far right extremists are protesting against the lockdowns again"

You fucking deserve to be in lockdown. The harder the better.
Pray that Halloween is cancelled in Victoria. Pray that Christmas will be under lockdown.
The dream is still alive. Also, Permanent hard border between QLD and retard-victoria forever. Not until a vaccine is here, but forever.

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Dan must have zero confidence in his states ability to contact trace and keep things under control

Reactions: mickaus

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Dan must have zero confidence in his states ability to contact trace and keep things under control
The only way we can be safe is if Melbourne and Victoria is under lockdown and preferably curfew too across christmas and new year.

Don't be a covIDIOT. Let my granny live. Don't murder her.
Lockdown until a vaccine is here, 2022 or later.
It is all about saving lives. Do you want to save lives like my granny or are you a civIDIOT and probably a nazi too.

Bullet Club

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017

I know this isn't the main point of the article/video but Sky News need to stop calling former good footy players "greats".

Eww, that's bullshit. Keep those Hillsong cunts in NSW.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
#IStandWithDan
Dan is the best. He is the only one that takes covid serously.

Save lives and keep Melbourne in lockdown!
The choice is easy (unless you are nazi).

I have already sent 5 emails, from different addresses, to Dan's office to show appreciation of the life-saving choices he makes
and that he should ignore all the far-right covIDIOTS that want to ease the restrictions.

What did YOU do today?

Last edited:

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
It's good to see things getting better, but Dan is still a cunt. He's the reason we are in this second wave to begin with.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Nah someone else is responsible. He just can’t remember who
That is not true. They know who did.

Just like the VW diesel emission scandal,
It was a rogue low level buerocrat that made the decision to hire these private security. He did it all on his own, secretly, and behind the backs of Dan and his friends and leadership team.
Dan is basically the victim in this whole situation.

Last edited:

Macapala

Jun 25, 2013
Nah someone else is responsible. He just can’t remember who
The fucking cunt better not get away with it. He and his team are responsible for the 800+ deaths from this second wave. On top of that he is responsible for the people who have committed suicide, business owner who have gone bust and the mental health of the entire state.

This all could have been avoided if he and his team weren't so incompetent. No other state fucked up like this.

Just today in the press conference he's acting like he's a fucking hero. Really pisses me off.

Last edited:

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
Is that the same opposition leader who went to the last election?, can’t tell the difference. The Victorian state liberals seem to be very underwhelming, which is strange when the federal vic libs are a bit more successful. Maybe Kennett should come back.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Dan handled this outbreak, the lockdown and the restrictions so well that I wish there will be a huge third wave
just so I can watch and admire his great work one more time.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: slugbahr