• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Good news for you, Cato Cato

Both Sydney and Victorian residents are on track to be welcomed back into Queensland by Christmas, without having to quarantine. A decision is expected by the end of the month. NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says she would be 'mortified' if Victorians were allowed to visit Queensland before Sydneysiders.
It's because you guys smell, Gladys.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Good news for you, Cato Cato

It's because you guys smell, Gladys.
Not gonna lie, it is a sad day.
If only more people voted Palmer as I did we would never have these talks about opening the border. :-(

Well, well. There will be another election.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Hopefully Palmer spends twice the amount of money for half the votes.
At least we did not burn down SuperCheapAUTO. Which is good since it is my only local source for ~=2000 grit wet-and-dry.
But Clive will come back.

(I need 2000+ grit to make my stainless steel wood carving tools I make myself in the shed/forge nice sharp and shiny.)
((Looking at getting some 3M films that can get me up to ~30k grit. !!! I am getting really excited about getting >30k grit films from ebay. Bit Pricey though but >30k grit is >30k grit!))

Last edited:

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Glorious day.
Internal borders are coming up again.

While it seems that the dream of lockdown in victoria over christmas is over,
at least there may be hope that all interstate borders will be closed for christmas and new year.

I have a dream ...

• LOL
Reactions: Madevil

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
$100 for each adult from the NSW government to spend on restaurants and stuff. What are your poor states giving you?

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Even harder lockdown than Melbourne. Shows strength.
But only 6 days? Very weak sauce.

We will do this now every single time there is a small outbreak somewhere?
All state borders gets shut immediately and hard lockdown. For eternity.

(Weak also that they let the plane that was in the air when the border was closed to land and contaminate Perth airport.
Should just have redirected the plane to Port Hedland. They know how to keep people locked up.)

• LOL
Reactions: Amiga

Madevil

Sep 6, 2019
Nacho Cheese, Bette Midler and Jesus himself amongst those who signed Ruddy's petition.

Fuckin Ruddy. At least he gave me that 9 hunjy that one time

He's such a bitter little whiny fuckwit.
And Anastasia and Gladys should shut the fuck up and just fuck already. The sexual tension is off the charts.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
  • LOL
Reactions: Aarbron and mickaus

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
(Weak also that they let the plane that was in the air when the border was closed to land and contaminate Perth airport.
Should just have redirected the plane to Port Hedland. They know how to keep people locked up.)
I expect better from you, Cato.

They should've blown it out of the sky. It would be for the best. Take no chances. Protect the population.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
I’ve seen news reports refer to both the SA and Vic outbreaks coming from ‘large families’. Is that newspeak for Muslims or something

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I’ve seen news reports refer to both the SA and Vic outbreaks coming from ‘large families’. Is that newspeak for Muslims or something
Are you saying that way out here in cane-farming country, we are not multicultural enough to get china-aids?

Last edited:

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Chinese flu requires Chinese response
Turns out it was a false alarm.

Marshall thought it was:
* 22 people caught mild virus
* one guy bought a pizza at some place

And a proper response is throw entire state into harsher lockdown than even the crazy shit in victoria.
Top it up by reopening Woomera Detention Centre and start sending SA Citizens there.

Now it turns that:
* 22 people caught a mild virus
* one guy bought a pizza at some place, where he sometimes worked as a causal

Everything changes.
Suddenly no need for lockdown and no need for Woomera.

To me this sounds like:
* Marshall goes full retard
* one of his advicers, or his boss goes
Are you fucking mad? 22 people have mild symptoms and you respond by re-opening Woomera?
Are you going full retard?
* Marshall recognizes he is in fact the retard in the room and moves on to pin all the blame on the brown person in the pizzeria. It was all that brown guys fault.

Bullet Club Bullet Club Are all people in SA retarded like this and think Marshalls explanation "sounds reasonabe" ?
Are they all this retarded?

Are people in SA that fucking stupid to buy this?
Would you agree that a hard border, FOREVER, between SA and the rest of australia would be a good thing?

Last edited:

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012
Turns out it was a false alarm.

Marshall thought it was:
* 22 people caught mild virus
* one guy bought a pizza at some place

And a proper response is throw entire state into harsher lockdown than even the crazy shit in victoria.
Top it up by reopening Woomera Detention Centre and start sending SA Citizens there.

Now it turns that:
* 22 people caught a mild virus
* one guy bought a pizza at some place, where he sometimes worked as a causal

Everything changes.
Suddenly no need for lockdown and no need for Woomera.

To me this sounds like:
* Marshall goes full retard
* one of his advicers, or his boss goes
Are you fucking mad? 22 people have mild symptoms and you respond by re-opening Woomera?
Are you going full retard?
* Marshall recognizes he is in fact the retard in the room and moves on to pin all the blame on the brown person in the pizzeria. It was all that brown guys fault.

Bullet Club Bullet Club Are all people in SA retarded like this and think Marshalls explanation "sounds reasonabe" ?
Are they all this retarded?

Are people in SA that fucking stupid to buy this?
Would you agree that a hard border, FOREVER, between SA and the rest of australia would be a good thing?
This honestly reads like satire, only I think you're not far off the actual happenings. What a fucking clown world we're living in.

And yes, per Señor Club above, I can attest that South Australians are indeed pretty fucked in the head. There's a bunch of words they can't even pronounce properly and then they often do shit like Snowtown*.

Plus they get annoyed at Victorians easily for things like stealing the Grand Prix back in the day and being better at Footy, so fuck them

* possibly not that often

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012

Mostly good news I guess, but this whole idea of 'Covid normal' with all its little rules for the sake of rules, still shits me.

Also, you know exactly what will happen if a few new cases pop up like NZ a month or two ago or SA the other day. They were both sure they had gotten rid of community transmission too...

And how was this not the lead headline

50 people can now attend brothels.
Sounds like a party!

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Mostly good news I guess, but this whole idea of 'Covid normal' with all its little rules for the sake of rules, still shits me.

Also, you know exactly what will happen if a few new cases pop up like NZ a month or two ago or SA the other day. They were both sure they had gotten rid of community transmission too...

And how was this not the lead headline

Sounds like a party!
I am more worried about if I ever go to SA and when I am there someone else in QLD is diagnosed with Covid
and then me and everyone else is sent to Woomera, because that is what retard Marshall thinks is a balanced response
towards a handful of mild infections. Everyone goes to Woomera.

My personal solution is to not risk this and never ever go to SA again. I will keep advice others about the dangers of going there and why we need a hard border to keep these people in place so they can never visit other states.
Strong border make good neighbors.

Permanent strong borders to SA, and also make beastiality a crime in SA.

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
I am more worried about if I ever go to SA and when I am there someone else in QLD is diagnosed with Covid
and then me and everyone else is sent to Woomera, because that is what retard Marshall thinks is a balanced response

My personal solution is to not risk this and never ever go to SA again. I will keep advice others about the dangers of going there and why we need a hard border to keep these people in place so they can never visit other states.

Why would anyone go to South Australia anyway? The only time I was there was driving through to get to the East coast and back.

Reactions: Cunth

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Remember Scopa, who had a meltdown about people joking about wu flu and stopped posting? I think he was from SA

• Empathy
Reactions: mickaus

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012

Listen, I feel the only way through this, is to relocate all South Australians to Woomera, Manus and Xmas Island (I don't think Woomera would fit all of them) and declare them refugees. Except the pizza guy and his shop. Rename South Australia to Woodville Pizza Shop, declare it a plague zone similar to how Chernobyl is classified, and ta-da!, everyones a winner!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Hero of Spielberg

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
Listen, I feel the only way through this, is to relocate all South Australians to Woomera, Manus and Xmas Island (I don't think Woomera would fit all of them) and declare them refugees. Except the pizza guy and his shop. Rename South Australia to Woodville Pizza Shop, declare it a plague zone similar to how Chernobyl is classified, and ta-da!, everyones a winner!
Nuke it from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

Reactions: Cracklox

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Alan Joyce has decided his airline will require access to medical records of all passengers that want to go on an international flight. And in particular he mentions the US.

Ha. Good luck with that. That policy will go away real quick the first time a US resident wants to board a Quantas plane and is denied they the refuse to show their medical records. HIPAA to the rescue.
Or his plan is to outright ban any US residents or citizens (that are protected by HIPAA) from ever flying Quantas again?

Great plan man. I thought you said your airline is struggling and here you effectively will ban half the passengers on one of your biggest international destinations from flying with you at all. Great plan.

Last edited: