• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

The Australian Politics Thread

Cracklox

Jun 4, 2012

"On my way Lara. Authorties say I have to stay at a place called Woomera for 14 days first though"

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
For once I am with china.
Put the tariffs on wine. Make the tariffs even higher.

Punish these fools that built their industry around exports to this most evil country since nazi germany.
I Pray that the people that sold out australia to make a quick buck in NSW and VIC wineyards get the
punishment and suffering they deserve.

You were trading with the Devil. What the fuck did you expect would happen?
Anything and everything will be deserved and I will celebrate it.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
Trusting China seems to be going pretty well these days.

Australia’s coziness with the CCP was always going to bite them in the arse eventually. Ignoring all the evidence of humanitarian crimes, mass scale fraud, cyber warfare and just being generally dogshit to the planet for the sake of lining some Australian pockets is the worst thing the government has done. Fucking shameful, really. ScoMo and his predecessors have sucked up like little bitches, and it’s ruining Australia’s reputation on the world stage.

Last edited:

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
Australia’s coziness with the CCP was always going to bite them in the arse eventually. Ignoring all the evidence of humanitarian crimes, mass scale fraud, cyber warfare and just being generally dogshit to the planet for the sake of lining some Australian pockets is the worst thing the government has done. Fucking shameful, really. ScoMo and his predecessors have sucked up like little bitches, and it’s ruining Australia’s reputation on the world stage.
But but but ... China are the biggest boys in the region!
We need to kowtow to them and their shitty practices!
Also, we can show them how to be better!!

Translation ... They are putting money in my pocket. I shall speak well on their behalf.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
  • LOL
  • Love
Reactions: Aarbron and Cunth

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
A week ago or so, I took my bicycle to a different part of the beach and found one of these interstaters, probably from SA, that had taken his Prius down for a drive on the beach and could not come back up.

Yes, a Prius to drive on the beach. Yes I know the sign says 4WD only and technically a Prius shitcar has 4 wheels but this south australian did not know that when it says 4WD it means Landcruiser(real Landcruiser, not Prado), Patrol or Pajero. It does not mean Rav4 or Prius.

I had to go back home and get the car and some chains to pull him back up over the hump to get on solid ground again.
WTF. Who takes a fscking Prius to drive on the beach? Who does not understand that 4WD only sign means 4WD and not "my car has 4 wheels". Fucking south australians.

Remember. This would never have happened if we would have kept our borders hard and shut.
Strong borders make good neigbbours and also makes people not resent you for being south australian.

(
Even better, when he realized he was stuck, what does he do? Floor it, of course, because when you are stuck spinning the wheels more and digging yourself in completely is the right thing to do, if you are from south australia.
)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
Reactions: CloudNull

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Hang on though... Australia have incredibly low rates of Covid. I’m a staunch pro mask pro social distancing type person - where the virus is widespread and having a huge effect - but in NSW there have only been 4500 cases the entire time.

It is not about being rational. It is religion.
Remember, these people are the people that want to end Australia Day, because communism.

slugbahr

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
A week ago or so, I took my bicycle to a different part of the beach and found one of these interstaters, probably from SA, that had taken his Prius down for a drive on the beach and could not come back up.

Yes, a Prius to drive on the beach. Yes I know the sign says 4WD only and technically a Prius shitcar has 4 wheels but this south australian did not know that when it says 4WD it means Landcruiser(real Landcruiser, not Prado), Patrol or Pajero. It does not mean Rav4 or Prius.

I had to go back home and get the car and some chains to pull him back up over the hump to get on solid ground again.
WTF. Who takes a fscking Prius to drive on the beach? Who does not understand that 4WD only sign means 4WD and not "my car has 4 wheels". Fucking south australians.

Remember. This would never have happened if we would have kept our borders hard and shut.
Strong borders make good neigbbours and also makes people not resent you for being south australian.

(
Even better, when he realized he was stuck, what does he do? Floor it, of course, because when you are stuck spinning the wheels more and digging yourself in completely is the right thing to do, if you are from south australia.
)
Again, you've fucked up, Cato.
When this dumb fuck finally gets home, he'll tell all his dickhead, soy latte drinking mates how great QLD is and how nice the people are.
You're gonna get more fuckwits on that beach. More idiots you'll have to put up with.

You only have yourself to blame.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Cato
Apr 19, 2018
Fuck Melbourne, they are retards. They even write cuckoid blogposts about themselves and how woke and literally shaking they are.

Why do you let them come to Sydney in the first place?

Once Palmer is president these fuckers will never set foot in QLD again.
Pretty sure Clive was born in Melbourne.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach

Will China pull all their students from Australia? Maybe.
Why do they phrase it as a threat? Phrase it as a gift instead, it is almost christmas time and you offer the gift to stop sending
communist infiltrators to our shores? That is not a threat t is a delight.

Thankyou china! Please proceed with these plans.

Falcs

May 5, 2011
Australia
Fuck Melbourne, they are retards. They even write cuckoid blogposts about themselves and how woke and literally shaking they are.

Why do you let them come to Sydney in the first place?

Once Palmer is president these fuckers will never set foot in QLD again.
Hey common... We're not ALL that bad..

*sips soy latte*

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014

Will China pull all their students from Australia? Maybe.
Why do they phrase it as a threat? Phrase it as a gift instead, it is almost christmas time and you offer the gift to stop sending
communist infiltrators to our shores? That is not a threat t is a delight.

Thankyou china! Please proceed with these plans.

Could they also pull out all of the old Chinese blokes who have to hock up a massive wad of phlegm and gob it into the fucking urinals every time they take a piss? Trying to take a leak in the Chatswood Westfield is enough to make you barf.

• LOL
Reactions: Aarbron

Aarbron

Jul 21, 2020
Credit rating downgrade for Victoria:

S&P Global Ratings today lowered its long-term credit rating on the state from AAA to AA, saying despite the fall the outlook on the rating is stable

"The state's operating and after-capital account deficits and debt burden have deteriorated sharply, with debt reaching about 200 per cent of operating revenues in 2023 from 70 per cent last year.
"They are likely to remain high by domestic and international comparison."

The firm noted Victoria remains "structurally wealthy" but it will take longer to recover than other domestic states.

Looks like NSW too:

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: mickaus

mickaus

Gold Member
May 30, 2019
Credit rating downgrade for Victoria:

Looks like NSW too:

Hopefully state governments don’t try and go the whole tax and austerity route to gain their credit rating back. Although I doubt Dan Andrews will, NSW might try to go the Abbott/Hockey route.

Reactions: Aarbron

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Chairman Dan still set to suck China’s belt and road it seems

Reactions: Papa

Papa

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Eh, they're currently passing federal legislation so they can 86 Dan's belt and road agreement. Watch CCP fucking explode with way worse trade wars in angered response to that when it happens.

It has to happen. Either we cut the cord with Chynah now while we still can or we become another Hong Kong/Taiwan in 20 years.

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Eh, they're currently passing federal legislation so they can 86 Dan's belt and road agreement. Watch CCP fucking explode with way worse trade wars in angered response to that when it happens.

Let them.
As for them escalating their coward trade wars, let them.

Sometimes you have to do TheRightThing(tm) even when it will hurt you short term.
It is called being a grown up and not a weak coward traitor like Dan.

Fuck china.

Last edited:

Papa

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Which Australian government is willing to do something about Climate Change? Besides the Greens.

Do you not find it odd that the Climate Change timeline has changed from 50 years in the 2000s (when I went to school) to 10-12 years now, which just so happens to coincide with China's aim of becoming the world's largest economy by 2030?

Continuing to castrate ourselves at the altar of climate change plays into China's hands, particularly since the Paris accord does not require "developing" countries to contribute. Are you aware that developing status is self-declared and that China still self-declares itself a developing country? Can you see how the Paris accord is a wealth transfer scheme designed to weaken the US relative to China? Can you see how supporting governments who purport themselves as "willing to do something about climate change" amounts to supporting Paris-like accords that do nothing to actually tackle climate change while strengthening China?

sevoro

Jun 15, 2019
Australia
Do you not find it odd that the Climate Change timeline has changed from 50 years in the 2000s (when I went to school) to 10-12 years now, which just so happens to coincide with China's aim of becoming the world's largest economy by 2030?

Continuing to castrate ourselves at the altar of climate change plays into China's hands, particularly since the Paris accord does not require "developing" countries to contribute. Are you aware that developing status is self-declared and that China still self-declares itself a developing country? Can you see how the Paris accord is a wealth transfer scheme designed to weaken the US relative to China? Can you see how supporting governments who purport themselves as "willing to do something about climate change" amounts to supporting Paris-like accords that do nothing to actually tackle climate change while strengthening China?
The fact that our already dead/dying coral reefs are still getting worse tells me all I need to know. Empires rise and fall, while that may affect all of us I prefer longer term goals like making sure we stay alive on this planet, because at the end of the day nature will survive. But the human race won't and that's all I care about.

I don't find it odd because all countries proceeded to become more globalised and thus accelerate the timeline. More trade routes, higher populations, higher energy emissions than ever before using coal and gas, a lack of our wild environment and more melting of the ice caps which reduces the amount of heat our planet reflects. Of course the timeline would change from the initial projection if no one did anything.

Of course China wants to take over the world, that ain't my concern. My concern will only ever be the survival of the entire human race. If you think China taking over the world will kill us all you'll have to somehow prove that and then maybe I'll care about them.

• LOL
Reactions: slugbahr and Papa

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
The fact that our already dead/dying coral reefs are still getting worse tells me all I need to know. Empires rise and fall, while that may affect all of us I prefer longer term goals like making sure we stay alive on this planet, because at the end of the day nature will survive. But the human race won't and that's all I care about.

I don't find it odd because all countries proceeded to become more globalised and thus accelerate the timeline. More trade routes, higher populations, higher energy emissions than ever before using coal and gas, a lack of our wild environment and more melting of the ice caps which reduces the amount of heat our planet reflects. Of course the timeline would change from the initial projection if no one did anything.

Of course China wants to take over the world, that ain't my concern. My concern will only ever be the survival of the entire human race. If you think China taking over the world will kill us all you'll have to somehow prove that and then maybe I'll care about them.

What china does should be your concern.

If you are not concerned with what china does then any voluntary reduction in emissions is meaningless.
China: what fucking suckers you are, well well more coal for us to burn then.

Reactions: slugbahr

Papa

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
You are a blind, ideological fool. You cannot even consider that the timelines may be exaggerated for political purposes because that would require you to question the tenets of your religion.

Reactions: slugbahr

sevoro

Jun 15, 2019
Australia
You are a blind, ideological fool. You cannot even consider that the timelines may be exaggerated for political purposes because that would require you to question the tenets of your religion.

Tenets of what religion? Are you just saying catch all terms to mean something more than what you are actually saying? It's logical and scientific that the timeline will change, and even after reading the information for myself from several papers I can agree with changes, I don't blindly follow them. Even reading papers further back will show you that it's always been changing, not for better though. You can call me pathetic all you want, but it won't make your points correct. If you've read the papers and find something wrong in them or exaggerated please show me.

I'll concede to Cato in that China should be held accountable for its emissions and that I should care in that regard, but that's about it. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything ourselves though. At least on an individual level, even if some people would call it pointless.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: FunkMiller and Papa

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I'll concede to Cato in that China should be held accountable for its emissions and that I should care in that regard, but that's about it. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything ourselves though. At least on an individual level, even if some people would call it pointless.

If you do it even when you know it is pointless then you are not doing it because you think it will solve the issue.

You are merely doing it because it makes you feel good about yourself. I.e. you need it either to emotionally validate yourself or you just want to project how virtous you are.
If it is pointless it is pointless. No matter how virtous it makes you feel.

Last edited:

sevoro

Jun 15, 2019
Australia
If you do it even when you know it is pointless then you are not doing it because you think it will solve the issue.

You are merely doing it because it makes you feel good about yourself. I.e. you need it either to emotionally validate yourself or you just want to project how virtous you are.
If it is pointless it is pointless. No matter how virtous it makes you feel.
I said some people called it pointless. Not myself. "Some people would call it pointless". I do it cause I believe even the tiniest effect has some merit. At the end of the day I do what I believe in. My goal is not to convince anyone of anything by the way, just to provide a different view on everything.

Last edited: