• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Australian Politics Thread

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
A Palmer volunteer showed everyone his democracy sausage.

--

Polling booth volunteer in Sydney charged with offensive conduct

A 62-year-old man, understood to be a volunteer at the polling booth at Bankstown public school, has been issued an infringement notice for exposing himself to other volunteers. We have not been able to positively identify the man but can say he was not volunteering for Labor, the Coalition, or the Greens.

From NSW police:

Shortly after 10am today officers from Bankstown public area command were called to a polling booth on Restwell Street in Bankstown.

Officers were informed that a 62-year-old man had been involved in a dispute with several other people.

Police will allege that the man then committed an offensive act in front of at least three women and one man.

Police issued the man an infringement notice for offensive conduct and a move on direction.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
A Palmer volunteer showed everyone his democracy sausage.

--

Polling booth volunteer in Sydney charged with offensive conduct

A 62-year-old man, understood to be a volunteer at the polling booth at Bankstown public school, has been issued an infringement notice for exposing himself to other volunteers. We have not been able to positively identify the man but can say he was not volunteering for Labor, the Coalition, or the Greens.

From NSW police:

Shortly after 10am today officers from Bankstown public area command were called to a polling booth on Restwell Street in Bankstown.

Officers were informed that a 62-year-old man had been involved in a dispute with several other people.

Police will allege that the man then committed an offensive act in front of at least three women and one man.

Police issued the man an infringement notice for offensive conduct and a move on direction.
Democracy sausage is best sausage.

Fake news. Clive does not eat sausage. He eats 4-patty burgers.

• LOL
Reactions: Bullet Club

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Exit polls looking bad for Liberals.

Wonder how the senate will turn out. Ultimately that will determine how much of Shorten's tax reform will go through.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
If Abbott loses, I hear they need some new lizards and snakes at Australia Zoo.
Lived for a few years in Warringah (DY and MonaVale)
Then I moved up the coast and my MP became Craig Thompson.
And lets not forget corrupt fucking crook in WoyWoy whose wife had to go on anger management training because she was so fucked up.
That is my labor party for you.
One thing though, WoyWoy road that I also used, must be the most carefully maintained rural road in the world.
Anytime there was a tiny crack in the black-top there would be a 20 people crew out there to fix it.

On the other side of the F3, where some folks died on christmas eve when a small bridge on old pacific highway collapsed, it took years and years for state and federal to decide who should pay to fix and repair the road.
That never happened where crook costa drove his car on woy woy road.

Lesson here is if you want good roads where you live, live nearby a really fucking corrypt labor politician.

• LOL
Reactions: Cunth

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Lived for a few years in Warringah (DY and MonaVale)
Then I moved up the coast and my MP became Craig Thompson.
And lets not forget corrupt fucking crook in WoyWoy whose wife had to go on anger management training because she was so fucked up.
That is my labor party for you.
One thing though, WoyWoy road that I also used, must be the most carefully maintained rural road in the world.
Anytime there was a tiny crack in the black-top there would be a 20 people crew out there to fix it.

On the other side of the F3, where some folks died on christmas eve when a small bridge on old pacific highway collapsed, it took years and years for state and federal to decide who should pay to fix and repair the road.
That never happened where crook costa drove his car on woy woy road.

Lesson here is if you want good roads where you live, live nearby a really fucking corrypt labor politician.
Touched a nerve, I did.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Touched a nerve, I did.
Not Australia Zoo. Australian Reptile Park it was. Costa and his crazy and violent wife are still assholes. Fuck him, fuck his wife and fuck the whole Rudd government.
It is a wound that is still bleeding. Fuck them.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Not Australia Zoo. Australian Reptile Park it was. Costa and his crazy and violent wife are still assholes. Fuck him, fuck his wife and fuck the whole Rudd government.
It is a wound that is still bleeding. Fuck them.

Fixed my memory, John Della Bosca

Fuck him. I voted for these fuckers at one stage.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah it looks like Abbott is gone.

And Dutton has a decent margin already, so he will probably stay.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Zali Steggall has won on a platform of not being Tony Abbott

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
National two party count
Party / Coalition Votes Percentage % Swing %
Liberal/National Coalition 1,230,556 50.00 +0.62
Australian Labor Party 1,230,628 50.00 -0.62

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Tony Abbott and Barnaby Joyce basically calling it for the coalition

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
Ultimately, I think the lesson will be never take large-scale tax reform to an election and leader popularity is paramount.

I’ll be very disappointed if labor doesn’t eek out the win. Most of the tax changes were very much needed.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017
So if ALP lose, that means Shorten is gone as leader.

More good news, @matt404au

Plibersek could take over and become PM at the next election.

Ultimately, I think the lesson will be never take large-scale tax reform to an election and leader popularity is paramount.
They should just do what the LNP do: Have barely any policies and just talk shit about ScoMo/Dutton/Joyce etc. for the next 3 years.

• Triggered
Reactions: matt404au

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
So if ALP lose, that means Shorten is gone as leader.

More good news, @matt404au

Plibersek could take over and become PM at the next election.

They should just do what the LNP do: Have barely any policies and just talk shit about ScoMo/Dutton/Joyce etc. for the next 3 years.
I don’t think that’s very valuable long-term

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Feb 5, 2008
I think some people are overacting a little.

Morrison is not Trump and has been a decent PM so far (except for hating the gays)

But, man, that tax reform will be needed eventually... and there’s now no pathway to it. That’s a big shame.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Shorten is a political animal. He knows how to survive.
Crashing and burning together with Gilliard did not end him.
A simple election defeat will not either.
He’s gone. Labor need to pick a leader with a bit of charisma next.

Reactions: Cunth