The awesome super high resolution PC screenshot thread.

theox2g6

Neo Member
Apr 3, 2009
34
0
0
Grand Rapids, Michigan
MDSLKTR said:
What framerate do you get?
Generally for the most part it runs at a stable 60 fps, but i'm using an nvidia card. I use an old 8800gtx with 1600x900 rez with 16xQAA forced through nhancer. It rarely dips to 48 or once in a while high 30s but it's nothing big enough to break the fluidity of the racing experience especially when you're using a wheel. I could crank it up to 1920x1080 with that much AA but it's not worth the performance hit since the dips are more noticeable from 50 fps average to 28 fps minimum. My machine isn't anything to write home about. Everything stock Q6600 with 2gb RAM


I know some ATI cards have had trouble running this game at manageable framerates on high resolutions and AA. It's a really gorgeous game and currently unrivaled visually in its genre at the moment. ie. at least until dirt 2 dx11 comes out.
 

theox2g6

Neo Member
Apr 3, 2009
34
0
0
Grand Rapids, Michigan
It is indeed playable on a very high end system. It is almost fully playable on my less than high end system. It runs full speed 60 fps with a few slowdowns here and there. But it isn't much of an issue. The emulator is updated almost every single week so it's only a matter of time before I hit a stable 60 fps. I have a 8800gtx, q6600 with 2gb ram, all stock. I think my problem is clock speed at 2.4GHz. Emulators tend to be more table with speeds closer to 3GHz.
 

theox2g6

Neo Member
Apr 3, 2009
34
0
0
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Resident Evil 4 Bloom mod. I used the d3d.dll file with the fakehdr.fx file from the RC2 Bloom mod. Then I opened the fakehdr.fx with notepad and messed around the values a little but you don't really need to. It works great on default but you have to run gsdx in dx9 to get it to work. I prefer it to enbseries which is far to bloomy and performance reducing. This doesn't affect framerate at all.
 

Binabik15

Member
May 18, 2008
7,164
0
0
BaWü, Deutschland
theox2g6 said:
PCSX2 PS2 Emulator 1080p with RE4 Bloom FakeHDR hack


God of War

too much awesome
Fuuuuuu.gif

I need that new pc and it has to recognise the sixaxis!

I could only get my brother´s pc to actually use it in-game once, but holy hell, I need GoW in 1080p with a ps controller!
 

MoFuzz

Member
Jul 9, 2008
1,155
141
750
Vancouver, BC
I wonder how the re-mastered GoW Blu-Ray collection will compare visually to the emulator.

Excellent shots btw, theox2g6. Just goes to show what great work they did with the game back in the day.
 

theox2g6

Neo Member
Apr 3, 2009
34
0
0
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Tekken 5 PCSX2 in 1080p but it has a glitch. I have to lower the native resolution and upscale it to make it blurry and avoid annoying vertical lines on screen. It stilll looks good regardless










Soul Calibur 2 in real 1080p no upscaling




 

brain_stew

Member
Feb 20, 2007
19,261
1
0
Ewww, get some better af (at least 8x) and some transparency anti aliasing on those Operation Flashpoint pitcures stat, look fugly atm.
 

Erebus

Member
Aug 24, 2007
6,488
0
0
Greece
brain_stew said:
Ewww, get some better af (at least 8x) and some transparency anti aliasing on those Operation Flashpoint pitcures stat, look fugly atm.
8xAA dips my fps below 30fps, hence I've set it to 4x. Now what's transparency AA? :/
 

brain_stew

Member
Feb 20, 2007
19,261
1
0
DarkUSS said:
8xAA dips my fps below 30fps, hence I've set it to 4x. Now what's transparency AA? :/
It deals with aliasing from alpha textures like all that foliage and you need to set it through your drivers or nHancer. 8xmsaa is a complete waste at 1680x1050 when you've got an insane amount of aliasing from all that foliage.

2xmsaa w/ transparency supersampling will give a much nicer looking image than standard 8xmsaa @ 1680x1050 imo. Regardless, at least set it to multi sampling as it will have a very nominal performance impact but at least go some way to dealing with that aliased foliage.

No need to not force 8x or 16x af, either.
 

RoadHazard

Member
Dec 9, 2008
18,126
38
835
Gothenburg, Sweden
Is it just me, or does that look significantly "unsharper" than real 1080p games? Does the PCSX2 emulator actually render at 1080p, or is it just upscaling? In either case, it doesn't look as sharp as 1080p "should". Maybe the AA is killing the sharpness?

And no I'm not talking about the low-res textures or the upscaled 2D HUD elements, I'm referring to the actual image resolution.
 

jakonovski

Member
Feb 11, 2008
5,679
0
0
RoadHazard said:
Is it just me, or does that look significantly "unsharper" than real 1080p games? Does the PCSX2 emulator actually render at 1080p, or is it just upscaling? In either case, it doesn't look as sharp as 1080p "should". Maybe the AA is killing the sharpness?

And no I'm not talking about the low-res textures or the upscaled 2D HUD elements, I'm referring to the actual image resolution.
Jpg compression?
 

Erebus

Member
Aug 24, 2007
6,488
0
0
Greece
brain_stew said:
It deals with aliasing from alpha textures like all that foliage and you need to set it through your drivers or nHancer. 8xmsaa is a complete waste at 1680x1050 when you've got an insane amount of aliasing from all that foliage.

2xmsaa w/ transparency supersampling will give a much nicer looking image than standard 8xmsaa @ 1680x1050 imo. Regardless, at least set it to multi sampling as it will have a very nominal performance impact but at least go some way to dealing with that aliased foliage.

No need to not force 8x or 16x af, either.
Cool, I'll try to get some screenshots with 4xaa and transparency ss on then.
 

brain_stew

Member
Feb 20, 2007
19,261
1
0
RoadHazard said:
Is it just me, or does that look significantly "unsharper" than real 1080p games? Does the PCSX2 emulator actually render at 1080p, or is it just upscaling? In either case, it doesn't look as sharp as 1080p "should". Maybe the AA is killing the sharpness?

And no I'm not talking about the low-res textures or the upscaled 2D HUD elements, I'm referring to the actual image resolution.
Just so you know, the higher the msaa value, the more ss transparency AA you'll be applying, so as you scale the setting performance can really start to drop like a rock. Just ahve a play with both the ms and ss transparency AA setting and see what you feel is the best tradeoff. Obviously for screenshots purposes, feel free to crank the settings.

DarkUSS said:
Cool, I'll try to get some screenshots with 4xaa and transparency ss on then.
Tinypic resizes 1080p shots to 1600x900 and adds some compression. Sadly, vulomedia is down atm as I'd normally recommend that as an alternative.
 

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Oct 14, 2007
12,906
0
0
Yoboman said:
Anybody played Morrowind like this?


[IM G]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/iamerik/MW%20and%20Oblivion/MGEScreenshot235.jpg[/IMG]
[IM G]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8254/35365870.jpg[/IMG]
[IM G]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3658/mgescreenshot034.jpg[/IMG]
Dude wut.

O_O
 

Peronthious

Member
Jan 5, 2008
4,772
0
0
Virginia

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Jun 9, 2004
6,093
0
1,475
37
Not really the prettiest screenshot, but I just love how much detail is in the characters and vehicles when you zoom in close in Company of Heroes. Makes me wonder how nice Starcraft II will look if you can zoom in close.