• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Beat Is On! Namco Releases Official Song List for TAIKO: Drum Master

August 25, 2004 09:00 AM US Eastern Timezone

The Beat Is On! Namco Releases Official Song List for TAIKO: Drum Master; New Drumming Game to Offer Popular Hits from Today, Orchestral Classics and Original Creations

Hook up with a group of friends, break out the Taiko drum and find out who the real drum master is. (Photo: Business Wire)

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 25, 2004--Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today its official song list for TAIKO: Drum Master(TM), the highly anticipated game challenging rhythmic skills through fun and addictive drumming game play. Developed by Namco Limited in Japan, TAIKO: Drum Master ships exclusively for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system during the holiday 2004 season.

TAIKO: Drum Master offers 31 songs in its diverse catalog, including well-known hits from today's current chart-toppers to yesterday's favorites. In addition, the game incorporates a variety of orchestral classics as well as original music from the Namco library of video games. TAIKO: Drum Master offers the following songs:

-- Licensed Rock/Pop: ABC; American Girls; Are You Gonna Be My Girl; Bowling for Soup -- Jimmy Neutron Theme; Girls & Boys; I'm A Believer; Killer Queen; Lady Marmalade; Love Shack; Material Girl; My Sharona; Rock the Dragon (Dragonball Z Theme); Slide; That's The Way (I Like It); The Impression That I Get; Toxic; Tubthumping; Walking On Sunshine

-- Classical: Beethoven's Symphony No. 5; Carmen Prelude; Foster's Medley; Hungarian Dances No. 5; Symphony No. 25 in G Minor; William Tell Overture

-- Namco Original: Don Rangers; Dragon Spirit; Katamari on the Rocks; Ridge Racer; Soul Calibur II Brave Sword, Braver Soul; Taiko March; The Genji and the Heike Clans

TAIKO: Drum Master invites players to perfect the art of the Japanese drum -- the taiko -- through the use of a miniature Taiko Controller(TM) attached to the PlayStation 2 console. Players earn points to clear each stage of the game by tapping along with song rhythms on the surface and edge of the Taiko Controller. With whimsical graphics and well-orchestrated music, TAIKO: Drum Master allows players to hone their drumming skills alone or go head-to-head with friends in two-player mode. With more than 30 different songs and a variety of skill levels, TAIKO: Drum Master offers a unique game play experience filled with fun for all ages.

sonycowboy said:
Namco Original: Don Rangers; Dragon Spirit; Katamari on the Rocks; Ridge Racer; Soul Calibur II Brave Sword, Braver Soul; Taiko March; The Genji and the Heike Clans

LA-LAA, LA-LA-LA-LAA LAA-LAA, LA KA-TA-MA-RI-DA-MA-CY

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hooray! Drums and bongos! Its gonna be a bangin' fall.

The Namco originals rock my ass (Dragon Spirits anyone?) but damn if that Rock/Pop list doesn't suck it compared to Donkey Konga's. And honestly I think the game made more sense with the Japanese songs. I mean they are ripping out the very thing that makes this game so Japanese in the first place. It's like all the thematics and make-up is there, but the songs are what made the game a blast. Now it's no different than any US song list.

US Song List > Japanese Song List

unless you really, really want to rock out to the NARUTO ED. for me, though, all those anime songs are welcome to take a long walk off a short pier

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Taiko: Drum Master, Katamari Damacy, and Donkey Konga. I think we have just arrived at gaming heaven. Rock on Namco!

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
rule. i'm anxious for taiko so i can pick up imports and catch up on what i believe will be my favorite new music game :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
eXxy said:
rule. i'm anxious for taiko so i can pick up imports and catch up on what i believe will be my favorite new music game :)

yes, this is something im excited about as well.

At least the Japanese songs seem original if you've never heard most of them. I just cant picture myself playing Taiko drum to "My Sharona" :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Wait, where's the Doraemon theme song?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!
That was my favorite song to play in the arcade...
*cries*

"That's the impression that I get" ...man that song is great!

Is the drum set up going to be a traditional one like Konami's or is it something new?

Vlad

-- Licensed Rock/Pop: ABC; American Girls; Are You Gonna Be My Girl; Bowling for Soup -- Jimmy Neutron Theme; Girls & Boys; I'm A Believer; Killer Queen; Lady Marmalade; Love Shack; Material Girl; My Sharona; Rock the Dragon (Dragonball Z Theme); Slide; That's The Way (I Like It); The Impression That I Get; Toxic; Tubthumping; Walking On Sunshine

Ugh, wtf. Of course, I've never actually heard the themes to either Jimmy Neutron or Dragonball Z, so I may be jumping the gun, but still... Ugh...

Meier

Grizzlyjin said:
Taiko: Drum Master, Katamari Damacy, and Donkey Konga. I think we have just arrived at gaming heaven. Rock on Namco!

Namco was my developer of the show after E3.. shame my write-up was lost in the transfer :(

B'z-chan

Banned
WHY in gods name is Toxic by freaking Crazytown in here?.... OH I SEE fuck here i thought at least one song would be kind of cool. FUCKING Britney spears. Oh well we got Katamari and some other songs.

JackFrost2012 said:
US Song List > Japanese Song List

unless you really, really want to rock out to the NARUTO ED. for me, though, all those anime songs are welcome to take a long walk off a short pier
Which song is Naruto ED? (Is that the ending theme with the cast marching?)

Also, does the Japanese one have more actual Taiko songs? Or is it pretty much the same, but with Anime songs instead of US pop songs?

Top Bottom