• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

The Biden Gun Plan

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Since it didn't come up at any of the debates, I figured I would post a video from mrgunsngear showing exactly how intrusive into 2a liberties the Biden anti-gun agenda would be. I knew it would be bad, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

For a person who bought a standard Glock 19, the most popular handgun in America right now, you would have to pay over $800 to remain in compliance with the new laws they want to pass. I've always said they want to tax guns out of existence; essentially leave the 2a alone but make it so expensive for anyone but the elite to own them that the country is essentially severely disadvantaged when it comes to exercising their right to bear arms and that's exactly what this looks like.

To be fair, I don't only blame the debate moderators for not bringing this up; I blame Trump as well -- he's said Biden would destroy the 2nd Amendment, but he really didn't clarify on how, and while obviously he couldn't go into a 20 minute explanation as mrgunsngear here did, he still could've pointed out some of the more ridiculous claims on Biden's own site to show how invasive it would be.

Put simply, a vote for Biden is a vote against 2nd Amendment rights.

Last edited:

keraj37

Dec 13, 2016
google.com
I urge US citizens to buy unregistered guns (black powder replicas made before ~1885) - you can buy them without any formalities with delivery to you home by post.
It is not as good as AR-15, of course but it is out of system, noone can take it form you unless you want.

Reactions: Arkam

Compsiox

Banned
Jul 6, 2014
I urge US citizens to buy unregistered guns (black powder replicas made before ~1885) - you can buy them without any formalities with delivery to you home by post.
It is not as good as AR-15, of course but it is out of system, noone can take it form you unless you want.
Don't old weapons need to be "deactivated" in the US?

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
New-made replicas of black powder firearms. Pietta, Petersolli, and a few other companys make better-than-original replicas of many firearms from the Westward Expansion and before.

The ATF does not consider them firearms, therefore you can have them shipped to your door.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
I don’t understand how gun laws/ideas by Democrats keep getting suggested even when they have been tried before and we’re unsuccessful. The assault weapons ban was already in place, had no positive impact. Same goes for Microstamping.

Then again why would banning law abiding citizens from owning guns have an impact on homicide rates when 89-97% of gun homicides are committed with guns not legally obtained by the shooter in the first place.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I don’t understand how gun laws/ideas by Democrats keep getting suggested even when they have been tried before and we’re unsuccessful. The assault weapons ban was already in place, had no positive impact. Same goes for Microstamping.

Then again why would banning law abiding citizens from owning guns have an impact on homicide rates when 89-97% of gun homicides are committed with guns not legally obtained by the shooter in the first place.
Their ideas are not to prevent criminals from owning guns, but people who are not criminals. Criminals will get guns no matter what they do to the rest of us; they're criminals. The AR15 is the most popular rifle in America, but is involved in a tiny fraction of shootings, so why go after the AR15? Because it's low-hanging fruit; something the Democrats can hold up to ignorant people who know nothing about firearms to say, "See, who needs one of these?" The issue is that they are going to make everything fall under Biden's "weapons of war" line of manure. Remember, when the two sheriffs were shot in their car by a punk with a pistol a few months back, what did Biden tweet out? "We have to get rid of these weapons of war!" (Most people probably thought he meant the Sheriffs, but no, he meant the guns). So a pistol is also a weapon of war in Biden's eyes. Too bad no one ever asked him what wasn't a weapon of war and whether he believes he can secure our families better than we can.

The other thing to call out people like Biden is that if they are truly sincere of getting rid of "weapons of war," then they need to disarm and disband their security details, which carry, among other things: AR rifles. No guns for thee if you want no guns for me, disingenuous prick.

Last edited:

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Can't tax a blunder buss! Tally Ho my people!

Last edited:

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
Haha gun control. Magazines and the firearm (frames) are being produced in bedrooms. They will have to take away the 1st amendment by censoring the internet (which still wouldn't stop transmission of code) and hardware stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: raduque and Umbral

Tajaz2426

Jan 20, 2017
Beaufort, SC
Hell I can’t even have guns because of my PTSD, but I got some killer butter knives baby! The second amendment should never be infringed, but we can always make them better.

just like myself, all states should have laws for crazy people like myself. We shouldn’t have guns. There are ways to do this, if someone has been in a mental institution such as myself. If you have any gun related incidents and they are institutionalized.

My thoughts anyway, there are always room for improvements.

• Empathy
Reactions: epicnemesis

Iorv3th

Jan 16, 2013
That's why we say "Come and take it".

Only idiots would get rid of their guns or pay a tax on them.

I doubt they are going to start sending the ATF into communities to repo guns, there would be a lot of blood on their hands.

Last edited:

Umbral

May 7, 2020
Gun control is dead. Cody Wilson and the 3D printable firearm was the final blow. Everyone rushing to buys guns and ammo once covid and the riots hit made sure it was dead.

Reactions: Boston and Sign

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005
New-made replicas of black powder firearms. Pietta, Petersolli, and a few other companys make better-than-original replicas of many firearms from the Westward Expansion and before.

The ATF does not consider them firearms, therefore you can have them shipped to your door.

Wow, now I know of 4 ways to legal have a fire arm shipped directly to me via the internet. (Just saying that because Joe said he was going to put a stop to it but in general you can't buy a firearm online and have it shipped directly to you.)

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
I disagree with Biden’s entire platform because we need to improve the existing background check system and close loopholes but I don’t agree with bans.

My hang up with current gun ownership is that is training should be mandatory for first time buyers : I researched like hell and took an NRA class but that should be the norm not the exception. Other than that as long as you pass a safety test you should be able to own a full auto uzi.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
I disagree with Biden’s entire platform because we need to improve the existing background check system and close loopholes but I don’t agree with bans.

My hang up with current gun ownership is that is training should be mandatory for first time buyers : I researched like hell and took an NRA class but that should be the norm not the exception. Other than that as long as you pass a safety test you should be able to own a full auto uzi.

Training is good. We should encourage everyone to get quality training. I’m nervous about state training mandates though...as they will undoubtedly be used by anti-gun politicians to infringe on the RKBA.

JordanN

Banned
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I remember when they said Obama would take away everyone's guns. Dems won both chambers and still nothing.
Obama was closer to Centrist and got elected by opposing gay marriage.

The modern Democratic Party is nothing like 2008. If ever someone in the party said guns are racist, Democrats will scramble to take them away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crumslor

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Don't think that was ever on Obama's agenda, this time it is, with Gun Control Czar O'Rourke onboard.

It’s only DOA if the senate flips, dems pack the court, and end the filibuster all of which are all real possibilities. My biggest hang up is that the plan is either willfully ignorant or just not understanding of current laws. Take the online sales ban you already can’t buy a gun and have it shipped to your home in any state: it has to go to a licensed firearms seller first and a background check is required. About the only thing I agree with in the plan is that private sales should have this requirement too.

Last edited:

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005
Take the online sales ban you already can’t buy a gun and have it shipped to your home in any state: it has to go to a licensed firearms seller first and a background check is required.
Well, unless you have a curio and relic license and are purchasing one or are buying a m1 garand from the CMP. In those cases you can get a fire arm shipped to you. (But there's still a background check.) Oh and of course if you get licensed as a firearms dealer and have your home set up as your place of business. But I get what you mean, under normal circumstances you can't have a gun shipped to you period and you're not getting around a background check and all the ways that in theory can result in you having a firearm shipped to you has the fed heavily involved.

Reactions: MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Well, unless you have a curio and relic license and are purchasing one or are buying a m1 garand from the CMP. In those cases you can get a fire arm shipped to you. (But there's still a background check.) Oh and of course if you get licensed as a firearms dealer and have your home set up as your place of business. But I get what you mean, under normal circumstances you can't have a gun shipped to you period and you're not getting around a background check and all the ways that in theory can result in you having a firearm shipped to you has the fed heavily involved.

Yeah exactly: Biden’s plan would make it illegal for you to even buy a scope and have it shipped to your home.

Singular7

Jan 9, 2018
A nation is committing suicide by allowing gun control.

And frankly yes: ANY WEAPONS.

( please, play the margin, make the 'but nuclear weapons' argument, I'm ready to box )

The record speaks for itself. Germany, Cambodia, Russia, China. (to name a few)

If you want to die: let the government tell you that protecting yourself is their job.

The fact this is even a discussion, given recorded history, is quite sad really.

Last edited:

iamblades

Mar 5, 2007
No, basically anything pre 1898(and replicas thereof) that doesn't use conventional rimfire or centerfire cartridges(or uses a caliber that is not commercially avaialble in the US) is not considered a firearm under federal law.

Which means they can be shipped to your door with no background check.

This is most relevant in the area of cap and ball revolvers, but i guess if you wan't a matchlock rifle there's nothing stopping you.

Amusingly this applies no matter the size of the gun, so full on fucking cannons are perfectly legal as long as the mechanism of action is 'antique' as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: dave_d

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
And there it is. Great timing, Joe.

Notice how all of the weird shit like Red Flag laws, taxing existing owners and banning online sales (which already have to go through a federally licensed firearms dealer) gets lumped under common sense measures. I don't agree with bans but I would be okay with like a mandatory safety class where you have to be cleared by an NRA instructor or something before purchasing an assault weapon for non-military or law enforcement first time buyers. I was just at the range today and some idiot nearly shot me in the head by pointing his AR my way for a fucking selfie.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Notice how all of the weird shit like Red Flag laws, taxing existing owners and banning online sales (which already have to go through a federally licensed firearms dealer) gets lumped under common sense measures. I don't agree with bans but I would be okay with like a mandatory safety class where you have to be cleared by an NRA instructor or something before purchasing an assault weapon for non-military or law enforcement first time buyers. I was just at the range today and some idiot nearly shot me in the head by pointing his AR my way for a fucking selfie.

Did he get kicked out? The range I go to does not fuck around. They've got three people constantly standing by to stop anyone who might be an idiot. I don't know if this is a new thing due to the massive increase in gun sales.

My problem with banning "assault weapons" is that there is no such thing. An "assault weapon" is whatever you want it to be.