• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

The Biden Gun Plan

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
I always say the best argument against gun control is the Constitution, but in reality, it just turns into another corrupt and ineffective government scheme. The criminals get guns and the well-connected get guns:

This happened in LA too, where the Sheriff doled out permits based on who was rich and famous, while of course the peasant rabble couldn't protect themselves.

O.v.e.rlord

Oct 8, 2014

Democrats: when your views begin to become indistinguishable from Winnie the Flu's... you might be on the wrong side of history.
needs to be posted again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
If they kill the filibuster to try and pass this, it will not be enforced in red states.
It would be a literal Civil War.

But something tells me these elite luxury bunker babies don't care or actually want there to be one. How else to you gReAt rEsEt the USofA and bUiLd bAcK bEtTeR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sign

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
If they kill the filibuster to try and pass this, it will not be enforced in red states.
I can’t imagine the police in my town enforcing much of any gun control unless it’s tied directly to a crime. I can’t imagine the state government allowing the use of state funds for institutions to enforce gun control laws.

Jan 21, 2019
Except for Joe's security detail. Plenty of AR's and high cap mags for them, of course. Just not for me to protect my family with. Fuck you, old man.
You protect your family with an Assault Rifle. Firstly, How big is your house? Secondly, How long does it take to pull out and load?

I simply have a 9mm Handgun for home defense with a finger print trigger lock. Pull out to drop off is approximately 10 seconds from my bed.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
You protect your family with an Assault Rifle. Firstly, How big is your house? Secondly, How long does it take to pull out and load?

I simply have a 9mm Handgun for home defense with a finger print trigger lock. Pull out to drop off is approximately 10 seconds from my bed.
I keep it cocked and locked in the closet along with a Rem870 12 gauge alternating between double-00 buck and slugs. 1911 on the nightstand. I feel fairly secure.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007

I keep it cocked and locked in the closet along with a Rem870 12 gauge alternating between double-00 buck and slugs. 1911 on the nightstand. I feel fairly secure.

I’ve got one too and to be honest it’s in a safe ready to go but I’ve got a Beretta in my nightstand in a Valutec. It might seem counter intuitive but have a lady friend or spouse shoot an AR and then have them shoot a shotgun: I guarantee you’ll get it then. They’re light and easy to shoot and .223 is actually a relatively tiny bullet that won’t accidentally hit something you don’t want it to.

Ten_Fold

Jan 18, 2017
Deep blue states will have strict gun laws imo. Red states might be somewhat safe as the governor’s of red states is more on the live and let live. I don’t think they will come for those who already got them, but might offer some $$$ for them.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Final tally of gun purchases for 2020? 21 million guns sold. 40% of them by first time buyers. Up big with black and women buyers.

Biden is about to step into one of the biggest piles of political shit ever.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Was it Heller or another lawsuit that set a standard for guns being much more difficult to be restricted if those guns are in common use?

Sounds like semi-auto rifles are common as fuck now.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Damage Inc

Nov 10, 2013

My go to when I hear something funny is my AR. Not just for in house but wild life. Takes me only a few seconds to slap a mag loaded with 300 aac in and pull the plunger. It takes me longer to fold the magnifier out of the way than to get the gun ready to shoot.

I have a shorter barrel AR (10.5), it’s a bit easier to work thru a house than a full size. Not only that but shooting the AR is way easier than a handgun and has double the ammo vs my old Beretta.

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA

Oh my fucking God.

An AR15 *is not an assault rifle* - that would be a fully automatic/burst-fire battle rifle like an M4 or M16.

An AR15 is a fucking semi-auto rifle chambered in 5.56x45 NATO. A Ruger American .308 rifle fires a bullet FAR larger and deadlier.

Also an AR15 is fantastic for home defense because the small bullet doesn't overpenetrate - it tends to tumble and stop where it hits.

You know what *isnt* a good home defense weapon? Your 9mm. That will punch through a few walls before it stops. An AR15 won't.

So much ignorance it hurts.

Cycom

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
Los Angeles, Commiefornia
Oh my fucking God.

An AR15 *is not an assault rifle* - that would be a fully automatic/burst-fire battle rifle like an M4 or M16.

An AR15 is a fucking semi-auto rifle chambered in 5.56x45 NATO. A Ruger American .308 rifle fires a bullet FAR larger and deadlier.

Also an AR15 is fantastic for home defense because the small bullet doesn't overpenetrate - it tends to tumble and stop where it hits.

You know what *isnt* a good home defense weapon? Your 9mm. That will punch through a few walls before it stops. An AR15 won't.

So much ignorance it hurts.
He’s the kind of person who thinks AR means Assault Rifle.

This is what happens when ignorance meets arrogance: someone who believes that responsible homeowners would use a rifle for home defense.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: QuantumZebra

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
machine gun america GIF

honest response now. I sank thousands into my gun collection, and ammo stockpile. I don't want to wake up one day and be a felon.
I can understand this and I would be mad if someone would try to ban motorcycles but on the otherside those never were created to kill someone....

well my mother has a different view about that....

But. This wouldnt end the USA.

GaviotaGrande GaviotaGrande wow, what a dumb video from alex jones...causality and correlations are not the same :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:
Reactions: O.v.e.rlord

GaviotaGrande

Jun 11, 2019
I can understand this and I would be mad if someone would try to ban motorcycles but on the otherside those never were created to kill someone....

well my mother has a different view about that....

But. This wouldnt end the USA.
Trucks were not created to kill anyone yet islamic terrorist used one to kill 80+ people in Nice. Shouldn't we ban trucks?

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
Trucks were not created to kill anyone yet islamic terrorist used one to kill 80+ people in Nice. Shouldn't we ban trucks?
Strawman argument? Every terrorist drank water! BAN WATER!

The licence to drive a truck is harder to get then the licence to buy a weapon that only has its single purpose.

Last edited:

GaviotaGrande

Jun 11, 2019
Strawman argument? Every terrorist drank water! BAN WATER! But the licence to drive a truck is harder to get then the licence to buy a weapon that only has its single purpose.
Single purpose. Like to defend yourself and your family? So evil.

My point is: if someone wants to perform mass murder, they will do it. Guns are not the problem my dude.

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
Single purpose. Like to defend yourself and your family? So evil.

My point is: if someone wants to perform mass murder, they will do it. Guns are not the problem my dude.
I live in a place where the crime is so much lower than in the USA. Mass murder doesent exist here in comparison to the US numbers. I dont have to use a gun to defend my family.
Crazy concept I know.

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah my grandfather back in 1930 Poland was probably thinking the same. It was so nice and peaceful. Crazy, I know.
And what does poland 90 years ago to do with now?

and yes, poland 1930 was a peaceful time. The weimar republic was a good friend. Ok the Sovjet union wasnt that nice...

but maybe you mean 1939 ( 9 years difference), when Nazi germany invaded a country with a backwas military in a new kind of war. But that has nothing to do with weapon in civilan hands. But when you think that weapons in the hand of civilians would have stopped the nazis from taking power you should maybe go back to school and look what they did to get control.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Slings and Arrows

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Strawman argument? Every terrorist drank water! BAN WATER!

The licence to drive a truck is harder to get then the licence to buy a weapon that only has its single purpose.
Weapons only have a single purpose?

Well this past year I have used mine for:

1. Shooting Competition

2. Hunting

3. Rodent/pest control

4. Stress relief (you clearly don't know the zen of being in a well maintained gun range and letting loose some pew pews)

*as you'll notice, I did not list defense, but that is their most important purpose - we all hope we don't need to use them for that

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMephistoX

GaviotaGrande

Jun 11, 2019

and yes poland 1930 was a peaceful time. The weimar republic was a good friend. Ok the Sovjet union wasnt that nice... but maybe you mean 1939. when Nazi germany invaded a country with a backwas military in a new kind of war. But that has nothing to do with weapon in civilan hands.
You're clueless. Absolutely clueless.

😅

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA

and yes, poland 1930 was a peaceful time. The weimar republic was a good friend. Ok the Sovjet union wasnt that nice...

but maybe you mean 1939 ( 9 years difference), when Nazi germany invaded a country with a backwas military in a new kind of war. But that has nothing to do with weapon in civilan hands. But when you think that weapons in the hand of civilians would have stopped the nazis from taking power you should maybe go back to school and look what they did to get control.

For someone who seems to be familiar with the region, you sure are ignorant of history:

On Nov. 11, 1938, the Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons was issued. Under it, Jews living under the Third Reich were forbidden to own or possess any form of weapons, including truncheons, knives, firearms and ammunition.

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
Weapons only have a single purpose?

Well this past year I have used mine for:

1. Shooting Competition

2. Hunting

3. Rodent/pest control

4. Stress relief (you clearly don't know the zen of being in a well maintained gun range and letting loose some pew pews)
What were they developed for? killing...

funny how NO pest controll person here uses guns...

but 1,2 and 4 are here possibly too. But with backround checks, a licence ...

Axelotl

Aug 1, 2019
You're clueless. Absolutely clueless.

😅
yeah tell me what the situation was the year 1930.
For someone who seems to be familiar with the region, you sure are ignorant of history:

Yeah and because I'm famiar with my country I also know that 1938 jews already had problems for many many many years and didnt change anything with their dire situation. Its so naive to think that without this law anything different would have changed. The regime was already on full steam to eliminate every jew.

And What is about the rest of the german population back then? They should have ended everything right? because they were alowed to have guns. Nothing happened. Well thats not correct. Many bad things happened. Guns didnt helped to prevent tyranny.

Last edited:

GaviotaGrande

Jun 11, 2019
yeah tell me what the situation was the year 1930.
1930 - peaceful
1931 - peaceful
1932 - peaceful
1933 - peaceful
1934 - peaceful
1935 - peaceful
1936 - peaceful
1937 - peaceful
1938 - peaceful
1939 - not so peaceful

Do you get it know? Or do I have to spell it out for you. 💅

Reactions: Brazen