• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Lol at Gamescom - Best Sony Playstation Game

TrueLegend

Elden Ring Wins A Gamescom Award But We Didn't See Anything New - GameSpot
Elden Ring was nominated for five of the 22 categories, and it walked away with the award for Best Sony PlayStation Game--despite not revealing any new details or gameplay.

I mean it does represent PlayStation more than most being a no-show just like Sony.
And I kind of agree it is the best upcoming Playstation Game which we have seen something of even if it is not exclusive. Demon Souls and Bloodborne tilt the From Software's legacy towards Playstation. Still hilarious stuff. I hope we see some gameplay on the closing night though.

Vognerful

Gamescom awards are all ridiculous and always have been, because they're limited to unreleased games that often no one among the voters has played in any meaningful way if at all.

Basically, it's a "vote for the hype" thing with zero value.
Actually someone posted on the other thread game nominees have to submit gameplay footage so that they vote on it.

Lanrutcon

I'm already hyped for Eden Ring III: Return of the King: Bloodsport

...not sure why it wasn't nominated (probably Nintendo's fault)

Kilau

Gold Member
A lot of these awards from E3 and such always feel like:

most-likely-to-succeed-certificate-template_print_big.png

MilkyJoe

Elden Ring Wins A Gamescom Award But We Didn't See Anything New - GameSpot
Elden Ring was nominated for five of the 22 categories, and it walked away with the award for Best Sony PlayStation Game--despite not revealing any new details or gameplay.

I mean it does represent PlayStation more than most being a no-show just like Sony.
And I kind of agree it is the best upcoming Playstation Game which we have seen something of even if it is not exclusive. Demon Souls and Bloodborne tilt the From Software's legacy towards Playstation. Still hilarious stuff. I hope we see some gameplay on the closing night though.

It's Death Stranding all over again

Absolutely the worst gaming awards show there is and that's a real achievement when there aren't and of value for gaming. On the other hand though, Elden Ring is likely to be absolutely incredible and probably the most deserving of games that were nominated at the show on the console side so I suppose it could somehow be worse, just.

Kuranghi

Most gaming awards are about as useful an indicator of whether something will appeal to you or is good than the fucking Oscars, and thats bad because the latter are about as fun to watch as a tramp pissing on your kids at Christmas.

Top Bottom