• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BIG question: Is Ridley playable in Smash Bros. - Final Vote!

Is Ridley playable in Smash Bros.

• Yes

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Pre-orders Only

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

KevinKeene

Banned
It's less than a day to Nintendo's E3 conference. It's the all deciding day that will answer a question that many smart, intelligent, great people have been discussing:

Will Ridley be a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. 5?

Tell us your final stance on the cool, purple space dragon from Metroid! Post and dare committing to your vote!

6ee36abaf29bc430ae24bb6c951f170a.jpg

Pejo

I'm going to guess he's playable and they include a whole new class of characters. We'll call them "Big fellas", where they're bigger than the average fella. K Rool will also be in this category, along with other favorites like Dodongo, the tree from Kirby, Andross, etc. They will be excludable via certain game modes but available in party mode. hard to hit off the ground and tanky, but slow and huge hitboxes.

KevinKeene

Banned
I'm going to guess he's playable and they include a whole new class of characters. We'll call them "Big fellas", where they're bigger than the average fella. K Rool will also be in this category, along with other favorites like Dodongo, the tree from Kirby, Andross, etc. They will be excludable via certain game modes but available in party mode. hard to hit off the ground and tanky, but slow and huge hitboxes.

Then I will fly to Japan and slap Sakurai in the face :/

Bakkus

He looks non intimidating when he's downsized like this, tho. And I wonder how an 8 player Ridley is gonna work...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah every character sure

Arms characters cry
NO BANDANA WADDLE DEE

Jezan

Yeah every character sure

Arms characters cry
NO BANDANA WADDLE DEE
I'm sure an Arms character will be revealed next.

I'm a little sad that Bomberman is an assist trophy, we could have all the _______man/mascots together!!!

Now my last wish is that the Light/Dark suits are an alt costume and not just recolors for Samus. But I'm satisfied as things are.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The problem with Ridley not being suitable for a playable character isn't with his size, but his lack of intelligence. Do you think he would be able to follow rules and participate in friendly competition? He's a giant beast that attacks those who are misfortune enough to enter his lair.

Jezan

The problem with Ridley not being suitable for a playable character isn't with his size, but his lack of intelligence. Do you think he would be able to follow rules and participate in friendly competition? He's a giant beast that attacks those who are misfortune enough to enter his lair.
Was thinking the same thing, but his trailer and showcase vid depict him as a visceral and brutal fighter. Probably sneaked in without an invitation. :( (maybe after finding a way to reduce his size so in the chaos and hype of everyone trying to get in he sneaked by and guards were looking for someone bigger)

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned

Um, Ridley is like super intelligent. 🐉

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Um, Ridley is like super intelligent. 🐉
In what sense? An animal, a predator? His lack of communal intelligence, and compassion are part of what make him scary. Putting him in Smash as a playable character loses that frightening element, and euphemizes his relation to Samus. I think this perfectly encapsulates my sentiments:

Top Bottom