• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Biggest Selling PS4 Games in Japan (MGSV and KNACK)

Raylan

Banned
Metal Gear Solid and KNACK Are Japan's Best Selling PS4 Games

In the latest Weekly Famitsu, the magazine looks back at the last two years of PS4 hardware and software sales. As of February 7, 2016, here are the biggest selling games in Japan, based on Famitsu’s retail sales data:

Best Selling PS4 Games in Japan (As of 7th February, 2016)
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: 425,971 units
2. KNACK: 400,888
3. Dragon Quest Heroes: 327,019 units
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops III: 310,238 units
5. Bloodborne: 209,985 units
6. Fallout 4: 206,712 units
7. Grand Theft Auto V: 196,795 units
8. Star Wars Battlefront: 187,434 units
9. Dragon Quest Builders: 170,168 units
10. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: 155,598 units
11. The Witcher 3: 149,337 units
12. Yakuza 0: 146,510 units
13. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: 140,046 units
14. Yakuza: Ishin: 134,010 units
15. Yakuza: Kiwami: 131,205 units
16. Destiny: 125,900 units
17. Battlefield 4: 113,928 units
18. Battlefield Hardline: 113,061 units
19. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Subtitled Ver): 102,716 units
20. Watch Dogs: 99,323 units

All hail KNACK

New news = New thread. Knack me if old.

Source

driver116

Obligatory
2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

Knack just prints money?
$$$$$$$

Knack uncovers a secret labyrinth and at the end finds crash sealed in ice by dr cortex

Knack 2: the return of crash

Attach rates are pitiful compared to Wii U.

I was just about to say this. I actually find it quite shocking at how low the sales figures are on PS4 games in Japan. But then I look at the list of games and think there really isn't that much that looks great. PS4 needs some serious hitters.

llehuty

I find it weird that they are struggling to even get a half million seller, while the hardware sales are beinng ok, broadly speaking.

It's the opposite with Wii U, with hardware struggling, but with several million sellers.

I know that Wii U owners have less options to choose from, but still, surprising.

I honestly believe that it's just the software that has been released so far. Let's be honest, there aren't that many must have titles on the PS4 at the moment, even after two years on the market. Let's see how FF15 and DQ11 do, amongst other sort after RPG's.

It's no wonder that console gaming is dead in Japan

what's the Japanese PS4 hardware numbers? Curious if even 1 person fucked up and bought Knack on their own after it was debundled

I honestly believe that it's just the software that has been released so far. Let's be honest, there aren't that many must have titles on the PS4 at the moment, even after two years on the market. Let's see how FF15 and DQ11 do, amongst other sort after RPG's.

Nah, there are plenty of great titles. But many of the newer games on that list like Yakuza 0 and Ishin have ps3 versions, and Japan only recently is switching to the next gen.

Edit: Though it might not make a big difference, some of those games have been out far longer. I think Ishin is like a year or so old compared to Kiwami which just dropped.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Jesus christ those are pathetic numbers. Japanese gaming is dead. I dont even blame Konami for getting out of this industry. Japanese people just dont buy games anymore.

Top Bottom