• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ |OT| 200 More Hours of Bad Keeper Runs

Magwik

Banned
If you are new to Isaac you can check out the Rebirth OT and the Afterbirth OT, but any questions can also be answered here.
2010850_0.jpg

gBsyFtX.png

Afterbirth+ is an expansion to The Binding of Isaac that adds new items, enemies, unlockables, achievements, endings and a new playable character as well as full access to mod tools and user made mods, which for the community means at least another 200 hours of gameplay. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Afterbirth are required to play Afterbirth+.
55+ new items
  • New final chapter with boss and ending
  • New playable character
  • Greed hard mode
  • Daily greed runs
  • 5 new challenges
  • Loads of new achievements
  • New bosses and other little editions
  • PLUS DEV TOOLS! so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design..
  • 100s of new rooms! ( tons of new ultra rare rooms )
  • new victory lap feature! (allows the game to continue when finished)
  • Bestiary! (enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
  • 2 new transformations!
  • Small monthly content updates! ( every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges? who knows…)
  • 4+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
  • New enemies, features and new champion forms!
  • New cut scenes and music tracks!

Q&A:

Q:What is this Antibirth I keep hearing about?
A:Antibirth is the name of an unofficial expansion made by the community that is sizable and has enough quality to be an official expansion and is consider to be from many. You can head to their website to learn more and also download and install it. It is also worth noting that the mod isn't compatible with Afterbirth or Afterbirth+ so you need Vanilla Rebirth to install and play it. Feel free to talk as much about Antibirth as well. The possibility of it being added into Afterbirth+ through mod tools has been shot down by the development team and it's been relatively quiet since, however there are many great mods out that you can check out.
Q: I'm new to Isaac, where do I start?
A: Well you can start pretty much anywhere. You can dive in knowing nothing about the game and learn the items and mechanics for yourself, or you can catch some of the recommended YouTuber's to get a better understanding of the game.
Q: Do mods affect my progression?
A: Yes, mods and seeds will stop you from earning any unlocks in game, however Edmund said something a while back about making cosmetic mods not affect your unlocks and progression, if that ever resources again.

Binding of Isaac on other platforms:
You can purchase Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for $14.99 on the iOS app Store. It supports bluetooth and touchscreen controls. Supposedly a good port.
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is also available on New Nintendo 3DS systems (not a recommended version, runs at 30FPS) for $14.99.
As for consoles; The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is also available on PS4 and Xbox One which both have the Afterbirth expansion available for purchase as well. While the Wii U version of Rebirth is also available but doesn't have any of the expansions. All priced at $14.99 for Rebirth and $10.99 for the Afterbirth expansion.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ Launches for Nintendo Switch on 3/17/17 in North America in both digital and physical format for $39.99.
The physical edition of Afterbirth+ comes with all of the goodies seen below, and will not be included in future prints of the game:
Resources:
The official Binding of Isaac Subreddit
Official Binding of Isaac Website
Edmund McMillen's Twitter
Official Nicalis Twitter
Steam Store Page
The Binding of Isaac Wiki of items, rooms, bosses, and everything else

Popular Isaac YouTuber's/Streamers:
Northernlion'sTwitch and YouTube Channel
CobaltStreak'sTwitch Channel and YouTube Channel
Hutts' Twitch and YouTube Channel
Bisnap'sTwitch and YouTube Channel

Gallery:

Bonus Northernlion goodness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6KPANXMyg&feature=youtu.be

KarmaCow

I'm hoping the Antibirth team can port it over to Afterbirth+. I'd be nice to have everything in one place.

LordRaptor

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE DIRETIDE

I mean

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE AB+

Meia

1001% afterbirth a bit ago, been playing for the last few days to get back up to speed, so damn ready.

If only Steam was. :p

explodet

This player thought they should have called the expansion "Postpartum", but was shouted down at the press club.

iFirez

Pretty excited to see the new transformations. I've been watching NL's runs of Antibirth which has been a breath of fresh air from the usual Afterbirth so + should be good fun.

I'm very excited for this. I've played a ridiculous amount of Binding of Isaac over Christmas, and I didn't even realise this was coming out so soon! I'm not really a fan of Greed Mode, but Victory Lap sounds interesting and the items and new ending should be as good as always. I haven't played Antibirth (although I've heard it's amazing) so hopefully they can port that over to Afterbirth+.

Haunted

Any sort of loyalty discount planned if one has everything Isaac up to this?

edit: just saw the store page 👌

Wasn't this getting a day one discount, or was that something I made up?

Edit: Herp de derp, guess I should've waited and shut my big dumb mouth...hands? Fingers.

Nzyme32

Yoooooo! Completely forgot. An instapurchase if there ever was one!

Almost my most played Steam game. So damn good. I refuse to play Antibirth till I get through this, or Antibirth works out their support for Workshop.

And woooooop for the Workshop! Can't wait to dig into it as it matures

And for anyone who wants to enable MissingHUD 2, go to Options and set "Found Hud" to "On". Wish the font size was a little smaller but I like it nonetheless.

Nzyme32

Why on the Steam page it doesn't say anything about it requiring non-plus Afterbirth?

The depots are still being sorted out. It isn't listed correctly. You can search for it and its root is as a Binding of Isaac Rebirth DLC, but it doesn't even show up there. I don't think Steam has a system in place for sequential DLC, but eventually I imagine there will be a warning saying that Afterbirth is required

The mod support is honestly huge.

lol, Did anyone who had 1001% get like 5 or 6 achievement/unlocks right when you loaded it?

Berordn

ok, so why is this worth additional money? a few more trinkets/items and mod support? idk

It's an expansion the size of Afterbirth (characters, items, levels, etc), plus mod support.

If more Issac isn't enough to sell you on it, I'm not sure what would.

Tainted

Bought and downloaded...can't wait to play tonight :)

lol, Did anyone who had 1001% get like 5 or 6 achievement/unlocks right when you loaded it?

Yep, I got an achievement for each of the new AB+ challenges which automatically unlocked on first launch.

Welp, I've already run into one utter disaster.

Ludovico Technique + New Worm trinket makes your tears even more uncontrollable than with just the worm. Being rusty, I forgot Ludovico's icon as well.

Top Bottom