• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

People foul for this lmao

DDubsp9.jpg

What i wanna know is for 50 years this is the very first human he kiled?Also forgot how much i loved Aku's goofiness

Zekes!

Personally no game has handle romance as a gameplay option that well. It always seem weird to me that you check a few boxes and then fuck, then nothing else happens in the relationship.

That's why gamers got their relationship expectations all fucked up

People foul for this lmao

Damn

What i wanna know is for 50 years this is the very first human he kiled?Also forgot how much i loved Aku's goofiness

When he's fighting with himself while hiding early in the episode, he talks about how they've always just been nuts and bolts. It stood out to me because you know the girls are coming and it gave me this sinking feeling about how he reacts when he finally harms or kills one of them.......

LotusHD

Banned

That's what the creator says, and seems evident that's their train of thought based on Jack's expression. People list some Bounty Hunter episode as a counter-argument, but he doesn't count it because they're not human I think. Or maybe he forgot.

LionPride

Banned
Personally no game has handle romance as a gameplay option that well. It always seem weird to me that you check a few boxes and then fuck, then nothing else happens in the relationship.
Every relationship in Dragon Age Inquistion
My fav was the guy that just literally said it's not important when someone said trans representation matters lol
People are such dicks to the B & the T on that LGBT initialization

Slayven

Mass Effect is especially funny because I only plsy with one squad basically because of my play style and they aren't who I want to romance so my romance character always ends up being someone who just stays on the ship for me to flirt and fuck lol.

See it would be interesting if that person showed concern about you doing dangerous shit. Or maybe if they are on your squad they disobey orders to protect you.

See it would be interesting if that person showed concern about you doing dangerous shit. Or maybe if they are on your squad they disobey orders to protect you.

That'd be amazing...

Lol so Jacob was my romance in ME 2 and I play that game like a Supervillain...

So my relationship with Jacob was literally that I refused to put him into battle, kept him on my ship to flirt with, talked his father into committing suicide right in front of him talked Jacob into thinking that was for the best and then sex....

Poor Jacob probably has huge therapy bills after he got away from my Shepard.

What was giving you trouble?

After beating the first dungeon I took a gaffer's advice and went to get the fast sail. It's not as random as people online claimed. After resetting the auction house like 6 times, I went ahead, bought the treasure map, then finally got the fast sail, but I had to grind for rupees.

Now after finally getting it I try to head to the next island, but the boat kept telling I couldn't go that way and forced me back to Windfall Island. I was stuck for 2 days and about to give up on the game since no one on Gaf said anything, until I went back to Dragon Island today thinking I must've forgot something to do, but decided trying to go to the next island from there. He didn't stop me this time. That was mad stupid. How come I couldn't just cut across from Windfall instead of taking the long way from Dragon?

LotusHD said:
It was he forgot. Person in the thread linked the quote and he said maybe. I need to watch the episode again.

That'd be amazing...

So my relationship with Jacob was literally that I refused to put him into battle, kept him on my ship to flirt with, talked his father into committing suicide right in front of him talked Jacob into thinking that was for the best and then sex....

What the hell lmao

Zekes!

After beating the first dungeon I took a gaffer's advice and went to get the fast sail. It's not as random as people online claimed. After resetting the auction house like 6 times, I went ahead, bought the treasure map, then finally got the fast sail, but I had to grind for rupees.

Now after finally getting it I try to head to the next island, but the boat kept telling I couldn't go that way and forced me back to Windfall Island. I was stuck for 2 days and about to give up on the game since no one on Gaf said anything, until I went back to Dragon Island today thinking I must've forgot something to do, but decided trying to go to the next island from there. He didn't stop me this time. That was mad stupid. How come I couldn't just cut across from Windfall instead of taking the long way from Dragon?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that actually, that is stupid. I think the game expects you to go straight from Dragon Roost to the Forbidden Woods. The game doesn't open up until after that.

LionPride

Banned
That'd be amazing...

Jesus Christ on a pogostick that's evil, that Shepard would fit right in to Blazing Saddles

Jesus Christ on a pogostick that's evil, that Shepard would fit right in to Blazing Saddles

I think I actually might have even only started flirting with him after the loyalty mission renegade ending...

Like I guess my Shepard preys on traumatized squad mates

My Shep also committed genocide and was extremely anti-Alien but wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else lol...

Shephard: Fuck Aliens!
Ashley: I agree they have no place on our ship. Fuck aliens!
Shepard: Silence I will not tolerate that attitude from my crew

Then I blew up Ashley. mostly because I was having sex with Kaidan.

I was kinda pissed that being that evil never really had any blowback...

I wanted people to hate me. I literally put in the moron anti-alien guy as head of the council because I thought surely being this evil would matter but nope. Everyone just nodded their heads and said well I guess you know best. Like I wanted there to be severe consequences for being literally a super villain but everyone just loved me anyway. Kinda scary actually. My origin story I think was the one where she was on a mission and basically everyone died like thousands but she got the job done. My Shepard was a total monster...which reminds me I really should play 3. Never got around to it.

zeemumu

There's been some debate over this because there's an episode where he killed some bounty hunters who apparently weren't robots, but for the most part, yeah, Jack had only killed robots and monsters with that sword.

The futility of his mission has always been an issue for Jack, but he's usually always found a reason to keep going. When he lost the sword and Aku destroyed all of the portals, it wore away at his resolve because he had made less progress than he had when he started this. There's another episode where Aku also shows signs of weariness from the tedium of their back and forth and it's weighing down on both of them, but moreso on Jack

BigDes

Nothing like a coworker making an office nice and tense because they caught feelings over not being invited to a poker night.

Like guy turns down literally every invite he gets and is now surprised they're drying up.

LotusHD

Banned
Nothing like a coworker making an office nice and tense because they caught feelings over not being invited to a poker night.

Like guy turns down literally every invite he gets and is now surprised they're drying up.

I hate when people do that. After awhile, I just feel dumb inviting a person if they repeatedly turn me down, or more importantly, don't answer at all if I put it in a group message, so don't be surprised when I eventually stop bothering.

Lol reading that Mass Effect LGBT thread... and people have the nerve to call GAF a hive-mind/Echo Chamber/Liberal Bubble
I didn't have the strength to fight. People talk about trans issues being a "problem" like.

God damn y'all. Sorry you gotta deal with this every time someone mentions this shit girl.
Why does one of the default male ME:A characters look like JC with a cheek scar?
Boy you best hit me with that PSN for them alien killings.

Sch1sm

Can't see why he would. When you reject enough, it's pretty much a hint you're not trying to join in. It's like myself when my friends try to invite me to clubs or parties. Used to be frequent, no infrequent or near never because I constantly reject them. What do people expect?

He probably doesn't understand that y'all are as tired of asking him as he is of rejecting them.

Zekes!

That's my girlfriend

She works weekends at a clothing store (that I occasionally merchandise for) and catches feelings when the girls there don't invite her to things, even though she doesn't like most of them and always says no anyways

I just (mentally) roll my eyes

That was fantastic but holy fuck at the ad at the end... literally a site where complete strangers write your essays for you at 16$ a page... who the fuck would do that...
I have NEVER understood that shit. It reeks of the most privileged of privilege where rich white kids pay for a bunch of what's likely poor kids trying to make a buck getting dimes on the dollar for it.

If you're going to school why are you paying someone to write shit for you? It's like you don't get the point of actually attending in the first damn place.

It's a good thing the people of GAF don't run businesses like PlayStation. Otherwise, they'd shut down companies they hate even though it brings in the money!

Shy

I think I actually might have even only started flirting with him after the loyalty mission renegade ending...

Like I guess my Shepard preys on traumatized squad mates

My Shep also committed genocide and was extremely anti-Alien but wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else lol...

Shephard: Fuck Aliens!
Ashley: I agree they have no place on our ship. Fuck aliens!
Shepard: Silence I will not tolerate that attitude from my crew

Then I blew up Ashley. mostly because I was having sex with Kaidan.
dbvVwJ4.gif

I was kinda pissed that being that evil never really had any blowback...

I wanted people to hate me. I literally put in the moron anti-alien guy as head of the council because I thought surely being this evil would matter but nope. Everyone just nodded their heads and said well I guess you know best. Like I wanted there to be severe consequences for being literally a super villain but everyone just loved me anyway. Kinda scary actually. My origin story I think was the one where she was on a mission and basically everyone died like thousands but she got the job done. My Shepard was a total monster...which reminds me I really should play 3. Never got around to it.
That's one of the things i hate about Games. Absolutely no consequences to any of your actions.

It's one of the reasons why the industry is still in it's infancy,

LionPride

Banned
I have NEVER understood that shit. It reeks of the most privileged of privilege where rich white kids pay for a bunch of what's likely poor kids trying to make a buck getting dimes on the dollar for it.

If you're going to school why are you paying someone to write shit for you? It's like you don't get the point of actually attending in the first damn place.
Because people won't do work if they don't have to and have a reasonably easy avenue to not do work.

Sch1sm

It's a combination of laziness and a gross abuse of available resources "just 'cause."

I don't get how they trust someone else, tbh. I can't even handle group assignments without looking over their contributed stuff for accuracy. People.

dbvVwJ4.gif

That's one of the things i hate about Games. Absolutely no consequences to any of your actions.

It's one of the reasons why the industry is still in it's infancy,

Totally...

I mean Mass Effect psychopathic stupidly over the top evil Shep that is still loved and praised like she was a hero ended up being some fun absurdist comedy with some hilarious dialogue reactions (You killed an entire alien race... well I wouldn't do that but you know what you're doing, you convinced my Dad to commit suicide, well he was a bad man, god I love you Shep) but yeah imagine if the game adapted according to how I played, like imagine if my actions to Jacob like had some payoff, imagine if putting the anti-alien incompetent moron on the council mattered... Like imagine if the series actually allowed you to essentially after three games become the villain with all that entails...

It's a combination of laziness and a gross abuse of available resources "just 'cause."

I don't get how they trust someone else, tbh. I can't even handle group assignments without looking over their contributed stuff for accuracy. People.

I intentionally do most of the work in group work because no one rarely lives up to my standards of quality

I never ever in my academic career had one group assignment I didn't just do 90%+ of. Can't trust people with shit that important on the line.
Totally...

I mean Mass Effect psychopathic stupidly over the top evil Shep that is still loved and praised like she was a hero ended up being some fun absurdist comedy with some hilarious dialogue reactions (You killed an entire alien race... well I wouldn't do that but you know what you're doing, you convinced my Dad to commit suicide, well he was a bad man, god I love you Shep) but yeah imagine if the game adapted according to how I played, like imagine if my actions to Jacob like had some payoff, imagine if putting the anti-alien incompetent moron on the council mattered... Like imagine if the series actually allowed you to essentially after three games become the villain with all that entails...
That's why 3 bothered me so much. There was no weight behind anything. No matter what you did you got the same four main missions then the end boss fight. That's it. No other options. Shit went out like a wet fart.

A big budget AAA game should feel impactful. Hell games that claim to literally be about nothing but interactive storytelling still aren't. If telltale can't do shit I don't trust anybody else to pull anything off.

Devs are so afraid of allowing a player to feel like they "failed" they don't put it into the game unless you basically do it on purpose.

Zekes!

It's been damn near 10 years, but I'm watching Precious for the first time right now. Gotta use it for a class assignment where I interview a classmate as a social worker looking at whether to remove a kid from their home

That was fantastic but holy fuck at the ad at the end... literally a site where complete strangers write your essays for you at 16$ a page... who the fuck would do that...

Attending school doesn't make you smart brehs

Reminds me of this exam I had in one of my economics classes where this girl wanted to cheat off my test despite the fact that there were 3 different versions of it passed out.

Ask me if I stopped her lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom