• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Slayven

If I was on TBGWT I would mark out too.

This whole thing with PDP and the twitch/youtube "community" just reinforced a notion I already had.

Why the hell is this new industry almost entirely white mid-20's men? Why isn't there ONE streamer of color on the level of a Lirik or them lot?

Not ONE black streamer of serious note that these sites go to for a statement?

Always felt the streaming industry was suspect for that.

I was just thinking about gaming and it's satelite things. And realized how fucked it is, raise an entire generation of dudes alone in their rooms with the internet and society crumbles. As fucked as Hollywood is you still get moments of self awareness.

Johndoey

Banned
This whole thing with PDP and the twitch/youtube "community" just reinforced a notion I already had.

Why the hell is this new industry almost entirely white mid-20's men? Why isn't there ONE streamer of color on the level of a Lirik or them lot?

Not ONE black streamer of serious note that these sites go to for a statement?

Always felt the streaming industry was suspect for that.

Bit old but this seems like a decent post covering the issue to some extent.
YouTube rarely promotes black YouTube stars, even during Black History Month

Skittles

Let's players bout to be in a rude ass awakening the coming years. They better start thinking up contingency plans.

It's funny seeing people come into that DMCA thread being so confident about what they're saying, even though it's uninformed bullshit.

Slayven

Let's players bout to be in a rude ass awakening the coming years. They better start thinking up contingency plans.

It's funny seeing people come into that DMCA thread being so confident about what they're saying, even though it's uninformed bullshit.

And everyone ain't going to get paid on Pateron

Slayven

Folks are selling hipster crack pipes

bripe-kit.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
Is destiny 2 better than the first

Yeah overall. Still some jacked up shit, but a much stronger product. The campaign isn't what anything I'd call great but hell it has an actual through-line until base Destiny 1; I actually know why I'm going where I'm going.

Mostly minor issues so far. Some information isn't communicated effectively, the new shader system, Cayde is the worst, etc.

Jemel a real one.

Fuck espn "Jemel knows what she said is wrong"

I'm sure she doesn't, cause she isn't. Trump retweeted white supremacist propaganda from a nazi account. It's not like he's trying to hide being a white supremacist.

and now the white house wants Jemel fired. Man, the world we live in is so fucking ill

D i Z

Yeah overall. Still some jacked up shit, but a much stronger product. The campaign isn't what anything I'd call great but hell it has an actual through-line until base Destiny 1; I actually know why I'm going where I'm going.

Mostly minor issues so far. Some information isn't communicated effectively, the new shader system, Cayde is the worst, etc.

Also still got the lore in place of story problem, no?

D i Z

Jemel a real one.

Fuck espn "Jemel knows what she said is wrong"

I'm sure she doesn't, cause she isn't. Trump retweeted white supremacist propaganda from a nazi account. It's not like he's trying to hide being a white supremacist.

and now the white house wants Jemel fired. Man, the world we live in is so fucking ill

Yeah, they can go fuck themselves with that. Huckabee should go deliver that message in person if they feel that strongly about it.

iavi

Mornin' all.

ESPN ain't shit for so many reasons.

Getting on Jemel and bringing back Steele.

Fuck em

I've already quit the NFL until changes are made due to the Kap treatment (which I'm not gonna lie is testing my militancy with Lynch back on the field in the black and silver) finna bush ESPN too

Yeah, they can go fuck themselves with that. Huckabee should go deliver that message in person if they feel that strongly about it.
How funny that the administration that Stan's for bigots free speech rights so hard seems to have a hard time with a black woman expressing hers.

Malyse

Might have a really good paying job. Like $27/hr good. Might have a book written by Thanksgiving.

MIGHT.

Gonna be a long three weeks.

That espn thread is something and I'm not surprised at the lack of the free speech defenders that would scramble over themselves if it was racist saying the n word thread.

Top Bottom