• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Skittles

dude in the needle drop thread has a hard milkshake duck to swallow. He's gonna have to drink it at some point though lmao. Ready to laugh my ass off at the non-apology/attack on journalist response video fantano will put out.
Damn, called his response to a T. That thread is just continually showing how badly south park fucked up my generation's concept of irony/satire. It's not ironic/satire if you literally just do the thing you're trying to joke about.

Never fucked with toyko ghoul. Heard bad things about the first season so never bothered

Slayven

Damn, called his response to a T. That thread is just continually showing how badly south park fucked up my generation's conception of irony/satire. It's not ironic/satire if you literally just do the thing you're trying to joke about.

Never fucked with toyko ghoul. Heard bad things about the first season so never bothered

At this point i think some people would rationalize burning down a church or a cross burning as not racist but satire. They are not mad at what he did, they are mad people are correctly calling him out on it and giving him the right label.

Sucks to hear about the recent stuff going on. These recent articles got me shook as a black tech guy. Like where the **** can we go without feeling like some exec hates us.

Nowhere.

Just live your life with the hyper-awareness that there's always someone lurking, waiting on the opportunity to cut you at the knees even as they smile in your face. You'll be less likely to fall so hard when the betrayal takes place.

As my dad used to say "A smile is a frown turned upside-down."

Have you read Invisible Man? The ones who look like you who dance the jig are equally as dangerous. Cato in Underground and Stephen in Django are not original characters, but archetypes from uncanny valley.

Fuck it. I challenge LIFE itself to a fucking brawl. I want to fight the entire abstract concept as a personified entity, even if that's impossible. Come on, LIFE, come get me!

Oh what's that? Nothing? Life is a fucking pussy then. I win.

D i Z

Fuck it. I challenge LIFE itself to a fucking brawl. I want to fight the entire abstract concept as a personified entity, even if that's impossible. Come on, LIFE, come get me!

We really do need that road trip.

Loudninja

People seriously refused to believe that a you tuber is trash I am sick of the same discussions.

Talking about the Needle Drop stuff its the same series events time and time again.

New Hurricane coming. Batten down the hatches in the gulf coast.
Be safe bro.

D i Z

People seriously refused to believe that a you tuber is trash I am sick of the same discussions.

Talking about the Needle Drop stuff its the same series events time and time again.

Be safe bro.

I'm solid. I'm in Cali. But I know that we have people in the way right now.

We really do need that road trip.
Nah, I'm not this interesting on the day to day, I... think? It's just when I hurt that I get angry, and then I get really interesting.

I really get weirded out when people say they identify with Rick from Rick and Morty, because that's not a good thing. He's a toxic dangerous asshole with tons of problems due to his extreme nihilism. Anyone who identifies with that should get a side eye.

So anyway, I identify with Rick from Rick and Morty. lol

D i Z

Nah, I'm not this interesting on the day to day, I... think? It's just when I hurt that I get angry, and then I get really interesting.

I really get weirded out when people say they identify with Rick from Rick and Morty, because that's not a good thing. He's a toxic dangerous asshole with tons of problems due to his extreme nihilism. Anyone who identifies with that should get a side eye.

So anyway, I identify with Rick from Rick and Morty. lol

Have it your way. But we'll both be missing out.

ldjzW_s-200x150.gif

Waypoint Radio Episode 102 Had a pretty frank and open discussion between Patrick, Rob and Austin; not only simplifying the Breitbart/Milo/GamerGate news but being real about their feelings on it. Austin's monologue, in particular, was very raw and real. The whole discussion begins around 27:05. (P.S. They legally can't dive into the Vice aspect despite knowing that they're itching to at some point when all the legal traps are disabled)

Waypoint Radio Episode 102 Had a pretty frank and open discussion between Patrick, Rob and Austin; not only simplifying the Breitbart/Milo/GamerGate news but being real about their feelings on it. Austin's monologue, in particular, was very raw and real. The whole discussion begins around 27:05. (P.S. They legally can't dive into the Vice aspect despite knowing that they're itching to at some point when all the legal traps are disabled)

Austin has always be cool and has a certain tint to his topics from like 7 years ago and he was just a schoolie guy bullshitting with a group of us online

andthebeatgoeson

Sounds like Life has been fighting you already. Take care, my dude.
---
I'm feeling that depression coming back. So life has been getting a few licks in on me.

Anybody ever wonder why i get triggered over depression or mental health, this the reason. I'm up at 5am, with tears in my eyes and i just want to feel better. I want energy back.

----
https://twitter.com/W0uld/status/916017191920787457

Hold this L, K Mart

Old retired NBA players with too much time on their hands. We don't need more Charles Barkley's.

They put my negro Chronixx on NPR. I've been following this motherfucker for a couple years. Good shit. Opens up with "Skankin Sweet". If you haven't listened to Chronology you should. 2nd best reggae album of the year.

Edit: I see they put Bomba Estereo on there too. Hell yeah!

Izuna

Banned
I was thinking twice about reporting my job for tax evasion once I start my new one, but then I remembered that the Manager used black people as an example for bad customers for months, even in hypothetical.

Does this make me petty?

Nowhere.

Just live your life with the hyper-awareness that there's always someone lurking, waiting on the opportunity to cut you at the knees even as they smile in your face. You'll be less likely to fall so hard when the betrayal takes place.

Have you read Invisible Man? The ones who look like you who dance the jig are equally as dangerous. Cato in Underground and Stephen in Django are not original characters, but archetypes from uncanny valley.

My mom, who is also in IT, told me the same thing. Hell, she wasn't surprised by the news at all.

Thanks man. This is definitely true and I ran into folks like that in my first job. Not know how much they hated me.

Nowhere.

As paert of Sooperkool's rules for life, this is rule #3:

The Ferengi Observation:The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.

Malyse

A website dedicated to highlighting games, movies, books, tv, etc that is created by and/or led by minorities called Minority Media.

(someonestealthisidea)

There are at least 5 topic about loot boxes on gaming side.

What is going on???

People want to keep gaming pure and prices down. They blame everyone but themselves for the need for more revenue streams. They don't apply simple business understanding to things like ROI and the like. I enjoy the rage, personally

Prime example: they complain about Andromeda animations, but somehow think cutting budgets will deliver high quality products...

RedSwirl

People want to keep gaming pure and prices down. They blame everyone but themselves for the need for more revenue streams. They don't apply simple business understanding to things like ROI and the like. I enjoy the rage, personally

Prime example: they complain about Andromeda animations, but somehow think cutting budgets will deliver high quality products...

A lot of GAF wants gaming to basically go back to the PS2 era but with still improving graphics.

What’s happening is budgets are going up but the audience of people buying console games, relative to that, has stagnated. Publishers need to get more money out of roughly the same number of people.

Top Bottom