• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Mages 3 site opens (w/ clip of "Opening - Bombing Mission" from FF7)

batbeg

:eek:

Sounds pretty good. I admit I haven't ever actually listened to TBM despite being a big Final Fantasy fan - is it easy to get ahold of their stuff, and is it worth it?

batbeg said:
:eek:

Sounds pretty good. I admit I haven't ever actually listened to TBM despite being a big Final Fantasy fan - is it easy to get ahold of their stuff, and is it worth it?
The first CD is definitely worth it. I haven't heard the second one yet, though.

Jirotrom

ninj4junpei said:
The first CD is definitely worth it. I haven't heard the second one yet, though.
can you give me the tracklist, and are they from the final fantasy games. Did this group aid do the Advent Children Soundtrack, I love that soundtrack.

Fireblend

Banned
:O awesome news! Their albums are amazing; Final Fantasy + Prog. Metal = awesome; can't wait for this :D I didn't even know they were working on a new album.

Jirotrom said:
can you give me the tracklist, and are they from the final fantasy games. Did this group aid do the Advent Children Soundtrack, I love that soundtrack.
1. Battle Scene (Final Fantasy I)
2. Clash On The Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V)
3. Force Your Way (Final Fantasy Viii)
4. Battle, Scene Ii (Final Fantasy Ii)
5. Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy Vi)
6. Battle Theme (Final Fantasy Vi)
7. J-E-N-O-V-A (Final Fantasy Vii)
8. Those Who Fight Further (Final Fantasy Vii)
9. Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy Vi)
10. Fight With Seymour (Final Fantasy X)

According to wikipedia they did at least one song for Advent Children.

Teknoman

BLACK MAGES 3!!

2cpx1z6.jpg

Keeping my eye on this. Was hoping another would come around.

Also if they EVER do an actual PS3 FFVII remake like everyone clamors about all the time, they've gotta use the Black mage versions of the different battle themes. Seriously, the Jenova and Those who fight further covers are great.

brandonh83 said:
That was pretty awesome. Am excite!

I want them to do Legendary Beast so bad.

God me, too. I love that song. I hate how in FF8 there is only one time you hear that song, and you only hear like 30 seconds of it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
The one song I'd love to hear them do is Don't Be Afraid from FFVIII, that's one of my favorite Uematsu songs of all time and it's ripe for a rock makeover

Also they should do some Sakimoto songs because his songs are better anyway

Ceb

Nice synth, horrible guitar.

TBM is mostly awful, I think. I hate how they mess up good compositions by turning them into guitar wankery.

JayDubya said:
Pfft. The Skies Above was just as good as the first, if not better.

Bring on ze third!

Agreed. I would say the second took a bit more getting used to, however, since not many of the tracks were "battle music" per se. Still, Vamo' Alla Flamenco was frickin' awesome.

Do want!

Ceb said:
Nice synth, horrible guitar.

TBM is mostly awful, I think. I hate how they mess up good compositions by turning them into guitar wankery.

Hush you!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If they reduce the amount of rock organ and ill-inspired vocals it's a day one purchase for me.

Why in the hell they thought that new rendition of Otherworld was a good idea I'll never know.

Reviving this thread to tell everyone they've now annonced the official Track Listing for the album:

1) "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" [Final Fantasy VII] (Kenichiro Fukui)
2) "Neo ExDeath" [Final Fantasy V - The Final Battle] (Michiro Okamiya)
3) "The Extreme" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Michio Okamiya)
4) "Assault of the Silver Dragons" [Final Fantasy IX] (Arata Hanyuda)
5) Kuraminokumo [Final Fantasy III - This is the Last Battle] (Kenichiro Fukui)
6) "Distant Worlds" [Final Fantasy XI] (Kenichiro Fukui)
7) "Premonition" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Tsuyoshi Sekito)
8) "Grand Cross" [Final Fantasy IX - "Final Battle"] (Keiji Kawamori)
9) "Darkness and Starlight" [Final Fantasy VI - "Mario and Draco"] (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenichiro Fukui, Michio Okamiya)
10) LIFE ~in memory of KEITEN~ (Original Composition by Nobuo Uematsu)

Nobuo says the FF6 Opera TBM version is over 15 minutes long.

Digest movie with song clips etc:
http://www.dogearrecords.com/movies/TBMdigest.wmv

Kazenone

APZonerunner said:
1) "Opening ~ Bombing Mission" [Final Fantasy VII] (Kenichiro Fukui)
2) "Neo ExDeath" [Final Fantasy V - The Final Battle] (Michiro Okamiya)
3) "The Extreme" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Michio Okamiya)
4) "Assault of the Silver Dragons" [Final Fantasy IX] (Arata Hanyuda)
5) Kuraminokumo [Final Fantasy III - This is the Last Battle] (Kenichiro Fukui)
6) "Distant Worlds" [Final Fantasy XI] (Kenichiro Fukui)
7) "Premonition" [Final Fantasy VIII] (Tsuyoshi Sekito)
8) "Grand Cross" [Final Fantasy IX - "Final Battle"] (Keiji Kawamori)
9) "Darkness and Starlight" [Final Fantasy VI - "Mario and Draco"] (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Kenichiro Fukui, Michio Okamiya)
10) LIFE ~in memory of KEITEN~ (Original Composition by Nobuo Uematsu)

Fuck yes. Better than the first two albums put together.

Edit; FFIX Boss Battle too? Omg yes I was hoping this would get noticed.

Three last boss themes though, which is interesting.

Already hearing bits of this album I hope it isn't the end, and I hope they extend out of FF into some of Nobuo's other stuff (Lost Odyssey in particular) seeing as Square owns the songs but not the band, and all TBM does is pay royalties to cover the songs.

I want a TBM version of Brawl's Main Theme.
(what I really want is Final Destination, but I think Sakuraba's involvement makes it even less likely :( )

Datrio

APZonerunner said:
TBM version of the opera scene?

YES, OH GOD, YES, ALL OVER MY FACE

Datrio

APZonerunner said:
Today is the day in Japan. Mine has shipped from Play-Asia today. Any J-Gaffers getting it?
What the.

REVIEWS!

EDIT: Just listened to the clips. So far so good, though Grand Cross doesn't sound like anything special... I couldn't even make a difference from the original song.

Reilly

I heard it. I don't think it's very good. In fact, I think it's the worst of the three. A few good tracks, but overall, not much there in terms of variety.

Top Bottom