• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blaze puts Tomi Lahren show on hold after she voiced 'pro-choice' stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

If Fred Phelps can have a deathbed conversion, anything can happen. Probably unlikely, though.

Fred Phelps had a long and distinguished career as a civil rights attorney (and even got a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP) before he turned heel and went insane. Not a good comparison.

Nerokis

This is from a NYT article about Tomi Lahren posted last December:

She does not call herself spiritual — “Spiritual sounds like you worship the grass,” she joked — but said she believes in God and prays every night and when she runs, often asking “to be a better person.” But she also blasted organized religion as being “about hierarchy, power, control and greed.” Minutes later, she said, “The institution of religion is important.” She is pro-choice and does not object to gay marriage.

So it's been known for at least a few months that she has pro-choice inclinations. What changed? She expressed that, in her mind, it'd be hypocritical to support limited government yet not allow for women to have full control over crucial decisions relating to their own bodies?

And progressives are the snowflakes?

"Even Hillary Clinton didn't call pro-life conservatives hypocrites."

Give me a fucking break.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fred Phelps had a long and distinguished career as a civil rights attorney (and even got a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP) before he turned heel and went insane. Not a good comparison.

The parallel was more in how they both deliver(ed) their opinions.

Strike

giphy.gif

Madness

I read she is a giant diva and everyone she works with hates her. Rumor is she has gotten big enough to go where ever she wants.

Was this ever in doubt. You think Tomi Lahren believes any of this? Recently, a local BC girl named Lauren Southern has also become a big alt-right Ann Coulter wannabe. If you heard of her when she started she was a random university anime fan who all of a sudden wanted to troll feminists. And then she just amplified it to 10. They get book deals, they get fans, all because they are young and blonde. Guarantee they don't believe half of this just using it to become something more than a nobody.

I almost want to say that her and Glenn are doing a worked shoot to get more subscribers to the Blaze. Can you tell I watch too much wrestling?

Apt101

It's amusing that this is so scandalous to them they froze her show over it. The bigoted and nationalistic comments are fine, but suggesting that from a libertarian point of view it's hypocritical to support an anti abortion platform? Oh no, time for them to cannibalize their own.

Was this ever in doubt. You think Tomi Lahren believes any of this? Recently, a local BC girl named Lauren Southern has also become a big alt-right Ann Coulter wannabe. If you heard of her when she started she was a random university anime fan who all of a sudden wanted to troll feminists. And then she just amplified it to 10. They get book deals, they get fans, all because they are young and blonde. Guarantee they don't believe half of this just using it to become something more than a nobody.

Selling your soul for popularity.

MUnited83

For you.
*spends her whole life complaining about liberals being snowflakes*.

*Gets fired the exact second shoe chooses to tout out a argument against the party line*

LMAO, this is fucking delicious.

ZeoVGM

Banned
For a rational human being, something like this happening would perhaps open a person's eyes to what the political party they support is actually all about.

However, this is not a rational human being. This is Tomi Lahren.

120v

she was getting way too big for Blaze, which may as well be some random schmuck's youtube channel at this point. well on her way out either way

kcp12304

Banned
I thought it was the left that hates free speech. Damn those evil college students at The Blaze.

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg

Whose is the pro-life one now?

kmfdmpig

"I'm sorry Tomi but according to our reports, you're only 95 percent Nazi, and we need you at 100% Nazi."

Reminder, this did not get her fired:

TomiLahren.jpg

Yikes. That's just about the worst thing I've read this year. What an awful person and a naive sentiment. What should the average Syrian trying to live his/her life do in the face of Assad, Russian bombardment and ISIS? Stand and fight fighter planes, rocket launchers, and tanks with rocks and two by fours?

It's hard to know who to root for here.

She's a piece of shit who shouldn't have a platform to spread her lies.

But she believes in a woman's right to choose, and is in trouble for voicing that.

I think I'm with her.

I need to go gargle bleach.

I think she's a vicious thunder but but firing her because she said, essentially, that if you're for small government and want the government to keep its hands off of your guns it also shouldn't be involved with a woman's body or their right to choose... that's laughable. They fired her for using logic. Which I guess says a lot more about the right and the ideology they espouse when someone goes against what the right wing news media typically stands for.

She is paid to speak the conservative gospel. She should know better lol.

That being said it's up to her to decide to go with her beliefs or the paycheck.

Phased

I mean you can be personally against abortion but be in favor of a right to choose. Biden framed it quite well in the VP debate, however she's outright mocked pro-choice people before so fuck her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom