• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOYS – Season 3 Official Trailer | Prime Video

Draugoth

Gold Member

It's been a year of calm. Homelander's subdued. Butcher works for the government, supervised by Hughie of all people. But both men itch to turn this peace and quiet into blood and bone. So when The Boys learn of a mysterious anti-Supe weapon, it sends them crashing into The Seven, starting a war, and chasing the legend of the first Superhero: Soldier Boy. Season 3 arrives June 3rd, only on Prime Video.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Mad that Soldier Boy was some beta male in the comics who Homelander casually raped and now he's some alpha chad played by one of the dudes from that show that went on way too long.

Adaptations do hit different.

Hopefully it's better than season 2. I didn't hate it but it felt like a decent drop from 1. I liked the Stormfront and Homelander stuff but didn't like The Boys' story arc.

nkarafo

I want to see Homelander finally not giving a shit about his reputation. There is a scene in the previous season that teases how that would look. Its the only thing holding him back from not turning the whole world upside down and bow to his will.

Last edited:
Blonde chick hot as hell.
Yes... Yes she is

82e0b3bffd95a00b690cf3ade967c870.jpg

m0zp1t6xiqc31.jpg

Last edited:
Season 1 was supremely excellent. Season 2 was good but had some flaws. One of them is that things started becoming a bit too "on the nose" (obvious); Stormfront being a literal Nazi, and that one politician being a stand-in for AOC, was a bit much for me. (I'm not kidding; one of the cast members, in post-season interviews, does refer to that character as "AOC").

Hopefully Season 3 will return to what made Season 1 awesome and get away from trying to be too obvious about social commentary.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Season 1 was supremely excellent. Season 2 was good but had some flaws. One of them is that things started becoming a bit too "on the nose" (obvious); Stormfront being a literal Nazi, and that one politician being a stand-in for AOC, was a bit much for me. (I'm not kidding; one of the cast members, in post-season interviews, does refer to that character as "AOC").

Hopefully Season 3 will return to what made Season 1 awesome and get away from trying to be too obvious about social commentary.

Stormfront is an actual character in the comics and was a Nazi... That's the point of the character!

The congresswoman was originally a man in the comics and was a complete stooge! This change doesn't bother me but I can see how it bothers others. Given that she is a villain should give you some relief? She isn't a hero by any means.

I think she has sharp knees and elbows. That is why she has the boots and gloves. Far below my standards and don’t even know what people see in these sharp appendages people.
I mean, sure. But it's not like I would turn her down if I had the chance 😂

Stormfront is an actual character in the comics and was a Nazi... That's the point of the character!

The congresswoman was originally a man in the comics and was a complete stooge! This change doesn't bother me but I can see how it bothers others. Given that she is a villain should give you some relief? She isn't a hero by any means.
It's not about the content, it's about how the content is realized, in the artistic sense. So what the characters are -- Stormfront being an actual Nazi, or the congresswoman being a villain (after she spent the season being an AOC-style populist) is fine. Now, how that's delivered in an artistically convincing way, is what doesn't sit right with me.

I think that made way more sense in my head... 😂

Fbh

Looks great though I do agree the trailer seems to show a bit too much.

Feels like they're building towards a big climatic battle with Homelander.

I know he's a crazy evil fuck but damn I hope he doesn't die lol. That character is so good and the actor kills it, show would lose a lot of the spice without him.

I seriously doubt they will kill him until they are ready to end the show. He is by far the best part about the show and they know it.

He basically carries the whole thing. The whole "the boys" part of the plot was really weak in S2

MastaKiiLA

This was my clear favorite comic book show, until Peacemaker came along and made it a toss-up. Hopefully the writing stays strong, because the cast really does a great job in their different roles. I don't follow the comics, so that's my impression based on just the show.

Top Bottom