• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Boys S2 arrives Sept 4th!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
His whole character arc is that he's a fucking loser who is trying to crawl his way back to the top while also dunking on him for being Aquaman who was also shit on for years until DC made him BAMF in the last decade or so. There must be a point to the show focusing on him. 🙄
No shit he's an Aquaman clone who's down in the dumps wanting to get back.

The rest of the characters are intertwined with fights, chases, shameless self promotion, and people getting killed. Next scene...... Deep moaning in a hotel room. Totally kills the pace of the show.

Pushing someone off a building isn't exactly an act that someone with a "good heart" would do. lol.
?? He tries to have a good heart? When? WtF?
He goes against corporate PR BS sometimes, and does try fatherhood with his son. As I said, he's weird. And no doubt arrogant and ignorant, but has glimpses of being a good guy. He just doesn't know how. And if you're a supporter of capital punishment for big time crooks, he cuts them in half with his heat vision instead of having them arrested and back on the streets (the Batman circle of violence thing where every villain escapes Arkham Asylum for the 800th time. Homelander would just kill them).

Last edited:

Rickyiez

He goes against corporate PR BS sometimes, and does try fatherhood with his son. As I said, he's weird. And no doubt arrogant and ignorant, but has glimpses of being a good guy. He just doesn't know how. And if you're a supporter of capital punishment for big time crooks, he cuts them in half with his heat vision instead of having them arrested and back on the streets (the Batman circle of violence thing where every villain escapes Arkham Asylum for the 800th time. Homelander would just kill them).

He did not try fatherhood with his son . He's a manchild that felt lonely , trying to seek attention and wanted more people to align with him . Honestly he never cared even slightly about being a good guy , it's all just PR stunt and everything was about himself .

pel1300

They are gonna pull a Homelander going Jaime Lannister and
have Stormfront kick his ass...

I'm calling it. Some fans will be upset when she bests him in combat.

IDappa

Overall myself and the missus has enjoyed season 2. In some spots I thought it was dragging but even in the slow moments I was genuinely interested in the characters, except maybe Wonder woman's scenes.

Tbh worst part of the first 3 EPs for me was the last 5-10 mins of ep 3. Was anyone else annoyed?.
Like really a fucken tackle?, Couldn't the writers been a touch more imaginitive. Are you telling me this dude can pull cars into sewers through multiple metres of earth and asphalt and throw people through walls but at this moment he thought the best move would be a tackle. Anyone else get this at all?.

Last edited:
People calling everything woke immediately is getting to same levels of sjws getting triggered by every little thing. No fucking middleground anymore.
I feel like complaints like this come out before the show is even released from people who just want throw out hot takes out for notoriety. How bad were people with the Joker spelling the end of days. Its always something

ZehDon

Enjoying it so far, but it suffers from a few problems. First three episodes are good, but not as strong a start as Season 1 was.

I think Hughey is a wet blanket in the worst way, and he’s becoming a Skylar. I understand you want to have a “human” character question everything, but if you can’t make them relatable, all you end up with is a character who’s motivation boils down to “I want the show to end”, which is diametrically opposed to the audience if they’re enjoying the show. It’s just so fucking boring.

Deep. They need to get into an actual plot or drop the character. Whale scene was solid, but not as good as the dolphin scene last season.

Homelander in Season 1 was all PR, all the time. Which let the moments when he let the facade come down land. He’s a scary mother fucker. I forget that people - including most of the 7 - aren’t supposed to know he’s an amazing piece of shit, because we’ve gotten so little time of him being the “hero”. They’ve lost that balance. I hope they get it back.

Everything else is going well. I like most of the new characters, scenes are generally landing, and the element I was most worried about coming off of Season 1 - Butcher - is still working. Though, he’s basically Jack Sparrow at this point. Looking forward to more.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
"When you watch The boys Episode 3 I want you to really pay attention and watch the scene with Stormfront, a Female white Feminist.

She represents white feminism and liberalism. In scene where she starts a destructive pursuit of an asian character into a black urban neighborhood and apartment building where she not only relentlessly pursues the character. But shows willful disregard for the lives of the black families, purposefully attacking and killing several black people for clearly no reason.

If you pay very close attention, you will see on display the destruction that white liberals and liberalism has had in the black community. The willful disregard that they have shown for our lives and safety when it comes to achieving what they want.

And even more it shows how they will then turn around and use the destruction they cause as a platform from which to elevate themselves and present themselves as our allies protectors and heroes."

Not written by a republican/conservative. She's a black Bernie bro/independent.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
They are gonna pull a Homelander going Jaime Lannister and
have Stormfront kick his ass...

I'm calling it. Some fans will be upset when she bests him in combat.
I hope so, he's a miserable little cunt who needs to be put in his place. He brings good tension but the way he's going he'll have free reign on everything.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think Hughey is a wet blanket in the worst way, and he’s becoming a Skylar. I understand you want to have a “human” character question everything, but if you can’t make them relatable, all you end up with is a character who’s motivation boils down to “I want the show to end”, which is diametrically opposed to the audience if they’re enjoying the show. It’s just so fucking boring.
One thing about Hughie I don't like is the guys gone through tons of shit in a short time. From computer tech nerd to rebels killing a Supe and on the run. This chicken shit nerd personality has to go.

Yet every scene he has that dumb open mouth facial expression. He could be eating cereal for breakfast and he'll look like he just did the most freaky thing ever.

llien

I wasn't a fan of the new girl stormfront, she just seemed borderline annoying in the first two episodes and didn't really seem to fit in. Then episode three happened and, well... No spoiler talk

Uh, mkay. Seen only 2 so far and she looked like token SJW authorized rep to speak The Truth.

LoV

Banned
I was hoping the kid
would have died when Homelander pushed him off the roof.
That would have been insane...

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
No shit he's an Aquaman clone who's down in the dumps wanting to get back.

The rest of the characters are intertwined with fights, chases, shameless self promotion, and people getting killed. Next scene...... Deep moaning in a hotel room. Totally kills the pace of the show.

Man, you're really bad at reading people.

His relationship with his son is pure self interest. Do you really think there's going to be any response to his son telling him to fuck off that doesn't involve him murdering someone? He kills and hurts people like they're ants. He doesn't give a shit about anyone unless he thinks they would benefit himself somehow. He's a classic evil megalomaniac.

Yeah, all of Homelander's actions are due to his ego. He spites Vaut because they took his son and gave him bad PR with letting the compound B story get loose. His interest is in his son is because he sees him as a new little him and there's nothing better than him.

Other than maniacal psychopathy, Homelander is a lesson on the dangers of getting addicted to titty milk. Nothing more.

llien

That throwing off the cliff is how a number of birds teach their offspring.
Most don't just let them fall, if they struggle to master flying though.
For some of the eagles, females throw rocks and expect males to prove their skill of catching them.

llien

I've caught a few shoes and one pot in my lifetime.
That's quite an achievement for your species.
Although, I'd say domestic violence against men is to be taken seriously, else one might end up with tables reversed, as J. Depp.

DonJorginho

Banned
Nowhere near as strong a start as S1 but E3 was great, really hoping for a Stormfront and Homelander fight at some point

I hate Hughie and Deep.

And I'm tired of watching these people awkwardly walking around dressed as clowns. This show needs a bigger budget.

I hate Hughie and Deep.

And I'm tired of watching these people awkwardly walking around dressed as clowns. This show needs a bigger budget.
The comics focus more on hughie as time goes on and he isn’t a little bitch so hopefully it makes its way into the series’s

as for the deep....interesting the way they have written him in...in the comics he’s black and not really part of the 7 So they put a white male as the actor and make him a rapist in the series

Hopefully it doesn’t get too silly

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The comics focus more on hughie as time goes on and he isn’t a little bitch so hopefully it makes its way into the series’s

as for the deep....interesting the way they have written him in...in the comics he’s black and not really part of the 7 So they put a white male as the actor and make him a rapist in the series

Hopefully it doesn’t get too silly
Too lazy to verify, but is the Amazon show really different vs. the comics as per heroes and plot (aside from what you listed above)?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I hate Hughie and Deep.

I don't mind the costumes as it's supposed to be cheesy, but Deep, Hughie and that annoying PR woman (Ashley?) are bad. And the Asian mute is a drag too. And unless something big happens, Black Noir has been useless so far.

If this show focused on Homelander, Maeve, A Train, Starlight, Stormfront, and then Butcher, Milk, Frenchie, and perhaps Hughie (if he manned up and didn't have that dumb open mouthed face all the time), this show would flow much better. You don't need a Hughie/Starlight intertwined romance thing.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Liking season 2 so far. Bit shit that not all the episodes dropped at once. Not sure why Amazon did that?

This has been said before, but I need to vent. Karl Urban's take on a London, Cockney accent is fucking terrible. One moment I can hear the cockney, next it's almost like an Australian accent. As Billy would say, it's fucking diabolical.

Too lazy to verify, but is the Amazon show really different vs. the comics as per heroes and plot (aside from what you listed above)?

The show is quite different, in some ways better. The comics are relentlessly brutal and crude, not always a bad thing but it could be quite revolting at times.

An example would be that all of the men in the group force Starlight to perform fellatio on them at the same time when she first joins the team. The show changes it by race swapping the deep to be white then making him the only one to attempt sexual misconduct with her.

Last edited:

TheMan

Liking season 2 so far. Bit shit that not all the episodes dropped at once. Not sure why Amazon did that?

three episodes pushes people to sign up for a free amazon prime trial. Slowly trickling out episodes means people are paying for those subs by the time all episodes are out

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
three episodes pushes people to sign up for a free amazon prime trial. Slowly trickling out episodes means people are paying for those subs by the time all episodes are out

Makes sense. Didn't think Amazon were worried about that as people also sign up for the free next day delivery service.

Also, thinking about it more, it also keeps the series in the limelight longer. People talk about it longer, trends on Twitter etc etc.

So hyped for episode 4. If the quality remains, Amazon could be looking at series that blows up like Game of Thrones. Definitely has the potential.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't think stormfront killed those people because she is racist, she did it to pump up Magne....er asian guy as a credible threat. Probably on direct orders from the Vought CEO.

Her "you yellow bastard" comment certainly suggests she is racist but it could also just be her being a dick.

I'd like to see Homelander taken down a peg or two but his powerset is so vague but OP I'm not sure anyone could present a credible threat. Stormfront certainly doesn't look like she could if Starlite couldn't either (they are both tough and blow stuff up, right?)

BTW, something is off about Starlites actress. She looks so awkward in her suit. Did she gain weight or something or is it a deliberate choice?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think this is an entertaining show if you don't take it too seriously. Thankfully it doesn't take itself too seriously. I don't see why so many consider it an elite level show, but it is enjoyable.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m guessing it’s because of Corona pushing back the final studio touches on all the episodes, but this weekly crap is the actual worst thing ever.

As a binge show, this can keep my interest. As a dragged out weekly show? It’s frankly not that interesting.

Top Bottom