• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Captivate 2011 Reveal Thread! - Confirmations from Capsule Computers!

jax (old)

Banned
dead rising 2 OTR underwhelmed. Frank looked weird.

really want to see the REs now. ... :/ shame about the quake and delays.

BadWolf

Watched it at work without sound, which made me focus more on the visuals, and the SxT looked very ugly to me. Came off as sloppy and messy, really hope they are still ironing out the visuals.

Captivate?

More like

CRAPtivate

hur hur hur.

In seriousness, were capcom hyping this event up to be something bigger then it is in terms of announcements, or is it just fans getting overexcited a'la every nintendo event ever?

Sir_Crocodile said:
In seriousness, were capcom hyping this event up to be something bigger then it is in terms of announcements, or is it just fans getting overexcited a'la every nintendo event ever?

Anytime there is a stupid 'shhh don't tell!' thing put on events people just assume its because of something HUGE and get all mega-hyped.

Sir_Crocodile said:

It's GAF, have a guess ;P

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Me too. Triforce status, outside the fuckin Best Buy.
Im calling the cops!

Any gameplay details? How the tag works for instance.

Dascu

Sir_Crocodile said:
You can put an embargo or a countdown on anything and GAF'll go crazy.

Zenith

Banned
erggh, I checked Capcom's press vault and all the videos that have been released are up there. There isn't one for Raccoon City so I don't think we'll be getting one.

ASURA'S WRATH

INSANE.

Surprise of the show, as Asura's Wrath is not the DMC/Musou clone it kinda appeared to be in the first few trailers. The game is actually very heavily story based, in fact that's the main focus of the game, providing an epic story that you can play. The game is weaving cutscene and gameplay together in unique ways as the fallen demi-god Asura seeks revenge against his former compatriots in the pantheon of earth's gods, from stealing his daughter, who also happens to have immense power locked away inside her.

Remember the first trailer of Asura's Wrath? Giant glowing finger from a space Buddha crushing Asura who's a tiny speck on earth? That is one of the weaker bosses in the game.

While not playable, I saw a full boss demonstration, which showed you how different Asura's Wrath is from most other action titles. The game is not separated by levels or checkpoints, as it's entirely driven by the story, and the boss fight we were shown, ran a gamut of different gameplay styles that all fit the situations Asura was finding himself in. You went from running across a barren wasteland in a sort of race against this massive boss who's running along with you a few miles away, and he's tossing missiles and destroyed spaceships at you, at this point, Asura has a ranged energy blast he can fire, by moving a crosshair across the screen while running. When a object the boss throws comes too close to Asura, the player has a split second to press a button to toss it back at the boss.

Then the battle changes to an aerial view, and Asura needs to dodge and get close to the boss to smack him, then it will change back into the running sequence, where a few more hits drives the boss to become it's massive planet swallowing celestial form. This is all governed by Asura's ANGER METER, which gradually fills up as the fight progresses. When the boss begins to crush Asura with his giant finger. It's at this point Asura's ANGER METER is full, and he can power up to one of his many forms (in this case, he grows 6 arms) pounding the buttons will cause Asura to power up further, and this will produce a crack in the boss's finger, the cracks multiply, and the boss will freak out and die in a massive explosion that leaves a continent sized crater.

While all this portions of the game are playable, they are all presented very stylistically and cinematically. It has a very anime episodic feel to it, which is what the team is going for.

Think of every awesome manly anime there is, Fist of the North Star, Berserk, Hajime No Ippo, multiple it x 1,000,000,000 and make it playable. That's Asura's Wrath.

Even though the game is heavy on the cutscenes, there will be sequences more akin to DMC, where Asura has to cut through multiple smaller-scale enemies, and it's these sequences were Asura has a number of fighting moves to use (although this was not shown in detail.)

Takao

Banned
oh hai guys I heard you like monster hunter i'm sure it'll be announced at captivate for the 3ds because a chinese forum posted a rumor about a podcast talking about a rumor that was created on neogaf i'm sure it's true

Those people sure must feel stupid. Though lol at Capcom not even giving a fuck about MHP3rd unless they plan on bringing 3rd G for NGP.

As a HUGE Tekken and MVC3 fan, SFxT looked like ass.
Though that's probably because I think that Street Fighter is a big turd in general, hard to tell...

rvy

Banned
Think of every awesome manly anime there is, Fist of the North Star, Berserk, Hajime No Ippo, multiple it x 1,000,000,000 and make it playable. That's Asura's Wrath.
Get the fuck out of here... what?

LowParry

MThanded said:

A shame that the gameplay stuff is missing the voice work for Tekken characters. :( But damn, fucking hyped! Give me give me give me!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently the SFxT build they played at captivate was online enable.

Ono claims that SFxT will have a ton of characters. As much as humanly possible. a lot more than you expect. Take that with a grain of salt. Knowing Ono it could be a troll.

Hanmik said:
ehh... where did those teaser banners go.? what do they look like today..?

The banners were Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dragon's Dogma, and Street Fighter X Tekken.

Blame that italian site, not capcom.

Dahbomb

Criminal Upper said:
ASURA'S WRATH
INSANE.
Nice impressions but I am getting the feeling that Asura's Wrath is a QTE (Quick Time Event) bonanza. Everything described in the impressions were basically QTEs except for the last portion which didn't seem like it was the main "draw" for the game.

It was basically the same impression I got when I saw the trailer at TGS. New trailer does very little for me. I am hoping for some more insight on this or if I can see the video demonstration of it.

AAK

SFxT looks a bit early, but I really like the way they implemented the combo system in the game. It really does efficiently combine and fundamentals of both games. Although I'm not qualified to make such a claim for SF, I could definitely see the shades of Tekken well represented so far.

Good work Ono & comp.

EDIT: And I LOVED the cinematic trailer. That was hype.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ono says the game is "halfishly" done. No word on release date.

Criminal Upper said:
Well, you could only play the people in the room, pretty sure it was a system link setup they had.
That would be big if supported. No other capcom fighting games support system link. But, this may have just been a setup to show how it works.

Dahbomb said:
Nice impressions but I am getting the feeling that Asura's Wrath is a QTE (Quick Time Event) bonanza. Everything described in the impressions were basically QTEs except for the last portion which didn't seem like it was the main "draw" for the game.

It was basically the same impression I got when I saw the trailer at TGS. New trailer does very little for me. I am hoping for some more insight on this or if I can see the video demonstration of it.

I was worried about that too, but they assured us there were other sections where you had more direct control when fighting low-level enemies. The particular boss fight we saw was a lot of shooting and QTEs, but they said every boss fight would be different. And some bosses would be the same size as Asura, so I would imagine 1-vs-1 action fighting would be in the cards.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Holy shit, GAF at its worst (aka finest).

Can't believe the anti-hype over Dragon's Dogma.

Shit looks amazing.

It's basically Japan saying "hay western developers, we can play too".

Open world Bethesda style RPG w/ real combat and action mechanics on MT Framework? After all the bitching over shitty rushed action hack jobs like Dragon Age II? People should be joygasming.

Kafel said:
Thanks Criminal Upper.

Is multiplayer (online or not) planned for DD ?

Multiplayer component is planned, and they stated they have some really cool ideas for it, but are not talking about it yet. It's 2012 title, so I guess it is a bit early.

wwm0nkey

Criminal Upper said:
Multiplayer component is planned, and they stated they have some really cool ideas for it, but are not talking about it yet. It's 2012 title, so I guess it is a bit early.
Hype x100

Dascu said:
You can put an embargo or a countdown on anything and GAF'll go crazy.
and it never ceases to entertain. i'm happy with the news we got out of this, because i wasn't expecting Monster Hunter HD, Resident Evil 6 IN SPACE WITH LEON, and Street Fighter vs UFC.

Fersis said:
Im calling the cops!

Any gameplay details? How the tag works for instance.

Tag works like Tekken Tag. If one of your guys gets KOd, you lose the round. But you tag out at the right times, you can save yourself.

You can tag at almost anytime in the build i played, like tagging during the middle of an EX, in the air, etc. But all that stuff could change.

In the build, everyone had one Ultra combo (except Abel who had none) and there were no tag ultra combos like shown in the first trailer. But I expect they're gonna be in there, the game is just too early.

Dahbomb

Criminal Upper said:
I was worried about that too, but they assured us there were other sections where you had more direct control when fighting low-level enemies. The particular boss fight we saw was a lot of shooting and QTEs, but they said every boss fight would be different. And some bosses would be the same size as Asura, so I would imagine 1-vs-1 action fighting would be in the cards.
Would like to see some standard non-boss game play/demo for it before I take their word on it.

Although I will say, I can see some interesting stuff coming from the whole "6 arm form" thing. New ways to do combos, grabs and stuff.

Kaijima said:

Shit looks amazing.

Open world Bethesda style RPG w/ real combat and action mechanics on MT Framework? After all the bitching over shitty rushed action hack jobs like Dragon Age II? People should be joygasming.

We're cautiously optimistic. Right now it doesn't look as good as Elder Scrolls or some european rpgs but it has potential. Open world western rpgs are not Japan's specialty and they haven't proved they can do it yet. This is really the first try, and we'll see how it goes.

Kaijima said:

Shit looks amazing.

I think it looks like it has a really solid foundation and I can't wait to see more of it. All the right notes have been hit with me, internal Capcom development, MT Framework, open world RPG. DD really does sound awesome and I hope Capcom delivers.

Top Bottom