• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The casuals dismiss Gamecube

beerbelly

Banned
DETROIT (AP) - By May 31, Ivan Rodriguez already had won the respect of his new teammates. A month later, he has them wondering if he's too good to be true.

Rodriguez had three hits Wednesday, giving him a .500 average for June, and the Detroit Tigers won their sixth in a row, defeating the Cleveland Indians 12-5. "Those are PlayStation or Xbox numbers," Rondell White said. "I've played with some great players, but I've never seen anything like this."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/shownews.jsp?content=m063077A

No mention of nintendo?

olimario

Banned
marioivan.jpg

MattCoz

Where the hell is Ichiro Baseball? Yamauchi owns the Mariners and Nintendo doesn't have a Baseball game, wtf is with that?

Subitai

MattCoz said:
Where the hell is Ichiro Baseball? Yamauchi owns the Mariners and Nintendo doesn't have a Baseball game, wtf is with that?
I don't know, but there are GCN kiosks at Safeco Field.

TheDiave

Banned
I say fuck the casuals who don't get a GameCube. Those of us who have and love our 'Cubes are the winners in that situation.

bonesquad

Check this out. Right before a commercial break during tonight's Reno 911, the announcer had this to say about one of their sponcers.

Brought to you by... Driver 3. Now available for all major platforms.

Hmm.. PS2, Xbox, PC, N-Gage... Yeah I guess that is all MAJOR playforms.

HA! Nice! Oh wait... Driv3r isn't on GC!

Wario64 said:
I wonder how much he got paid to say that

the Sony/MS secret society paid him millions to say that..

their ultimate goal being the destruction of nintendo, one sports star mentioning their dual systems at a time.

thorns

Banned
Error Macro said:
The Game Cube is for hardcore video game players, not some stupid, overpaid athletes.

Top 10 selling games for Gamecube in May

1. GCN POKEMON COLOSSEUM $2,699,522 56,692
2. GCN SHREK 2 $2,691,449 54,099

wow HARDCORE.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
You know, I've noticed this trend recently. In the 80s, when the general public thought of videogames, they though "Nintendo." So, somebody would say "he's playing Nintendo" as a generic catchall term for playing videogames, regardless of whether he was actually playing a Nintendo system or something else. But now it has mostly become "he's playing Playstation" as the generic term.

Alcibiades

thorns said:
Top 10 selling games for Gamecube in May

1. GCN POKEMON COLOSSEUM $2,699,522 56,692
2. GCN SHREK 2 $2,691,449 54,099

wow HARDCORE.

Viewtiful Joe: 218,850

Soul Calibur (GC): 548,641
Soul Calibur (PS2): 502,736
Soul Calibur (Xbox): 354,391

more than you think...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Screw the sports stars. They know nothing about video games, for the most part. Do what you're good at, and play sports. Please stay out of the console wars. The last thing we need is celebrity influence. -_-

Dave Long

Banned
We need Baseball Stars Revival!

Get the SNK artists that did BS2 on the Geo, throw in real players and teams done as caricatures of the real guys. NO 3D! All the trading and player building of the original NES game. BOOM! Instant Baseball Nirvana! IBN for short!

Jesiatha

MattCoz said:

And more importantly, Dave Niehaus doing the announcing.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Society said:
Even tho I did not say it, I meant simulation baseball games. geez.

I thought the sega baseball games in Japan were arcade style and let's make a pro style?

Kon Tiki

Banned
levious said:
I thought the sega baseball games in Japan were arcade style and let's make a pro style?

They are. That sells in Japan/

Here let me start over.

Sega has 3 baseball games in Japan, yet they do not even release thier MLB licenced simulation based WSB/ESPN franchise in America, where MLB licenced simulation based video games are more popular than MLB licenced ardcade based video games.

Top Bottom