• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cheap S-IPS 27" 2560 x 1440 Korean monitor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasicMath

Panel backlight issue TMK, that's pretttttttty bad.
Yeah, it looks like one of the led backlights went out.

My guess is that it's either an electrical problem (maybe a short, maybe not enough juice getting to it) or it was hit in transit. Seller swears it was a shipping screw up.
Edit: Just checked the box. There's definitely a sort of wrinkle on the bottom right corner of the box. And both the box and the cardboard they put around the box have it.

try sticking some folded small piece of paper between the bezel and the screen. Jam it up in there. It'll help some. Welcome to the lottery.
I rather not mess around with it. I can still return it and get a full refund, I think. And it's something I'm currently leaning towards unless it's an issue that will not get worse.

The price is just really tempting with the discount.

Enthus

Sorry for the necro, but I'd rather not make another thread for this. I currently have an X-Star 1440p monitor, and my friend is looking to buy his first monitor that is higher resolution than 720p. Are these Korean monitors still recommended for that entry-level, and are there any recommendations on where to buy and which specific ones to avoid? Thanks!

Sorry for the necro, but I'd rather not make another thread for this. I currently have an X-Star 1440p monitor, and my friend is looking to buy his first monitor that is higher resolution than 720p. Are these Korean monitors still recommended for that entry-level, and are there any recommendations on where to buy and which specific ones to avoid? Thanks!
I have the qnix 1440p from when they 1st came out. Believe I got from Dream Seller on eBay.MicroBoard R270IPS seems to be the latest 1440p monitor on the cheap but I don't see reviews yet.

BasicMath

I ended up not buying a second panel last year because I heard a lot that they weren't as good a deal as they once were. And because I ended getting 2 massively defective panels. The hassle just wasn't worth it even for personal use. I can't imagine what helping out a friend and supporting any issues they have with tue panels would be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom