• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Coalition is Recruiting People to Work on “Next-Generation Gears Experiences”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Vancouver-based developer is currently looking to recruit people in multiple positions across various disciplines, with its job ads page claiming that it intends to “create mind-blowing Gears of War games.”

Multiple listings – including for Lead Level Artist, Lead Cinematic Animator, and Senior Gameplay Technical Designer – state that The Coalition is “dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights.” Meanwhile, the ad for UI Software Engineer claims that the developer is looking to “forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices.”

Interestingly enough, the listing for the position of Services Software Engineer states that the studio intends to “redefine the Gears experience through the application of modern cloud service technologies.”

S0ULZB0URNE

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Easily MS best team and the Gears franchise is my main reason I buy Xbox consoles.

Iced Arcade

Just leave fighting robots and that skiff out.

Also bring Marcus back as the center of the series. Literally no one asked to play as the young hip kids.

That being said I still loved the last 2 games.

Fredrik

IF Hivebusters looks that good cant imagine what they do with a next-gen only Gears.
I just realized that I haven’t played Hivebusters. Is it a stand-alone mission or do I have to play through the whole base game again to get access to it?

Iced Arcade

I just realized that I haven’t played Hivebusters. Is it a stand-alone mission or do I have to play through the whole base game again to get access to it?
Completely forgot as well until last week. It's great.

Completely stand alone and different characters

I don't think they realize what Gears 1 felt like. They Gears 1 remaster really got rid of the atmosphere that made the first one work.
Totally removed that dull gloomy color palette
honestly, I'm good on Gears, they answered the majority of my questions other than who gave Niles funding to build that bunker facility

JLB

Banned
Microsoft looooves a sequel. Why not let them work on something new?

"The Coalition".

Also, the Coalition logo:

the-coalition.jpg

Also, The Coalition of Ordered Govs (COG):

Also, the The Coalition Of Ordered Govs Flag:

6deb96947eadd285af5b52e66c368c96.jpg

Im not a genius in the art of connecting strings, but maybe theres a relation around here.

Last edited:

Concern

Not really shocking.

I just hope mp and horde is good. The story is trash as of now imo. Couldn't finish 5, although I will give it another try.

Ten_Fold

The first 3 gears are a masterpiece, similar to the first 3 halo games and after that it’s kinda just MEH......I feel they need to make gears a lot more gloomy and dark without that robot shit just make some new enemies, maybe figure out how to not make it a shotgun fest(I know all gears is that) but damn.

Tiamat2san

Hopefully the next one is not gonna feel like gears1 with better graphic once again.

And please get rid of the fucking locust and new shitty enemies and make something new.
Well they need to finish the second trilogy first or add a new type of enemies that will become a bigger threat, even more than the lambents in gears 3.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sigh. MS needs to let these franchises die. Halo, Gears both need a 10 year break.

Even with the open world sections, Gears 5 game felt like a retread. The cover shooting mechanics that felt so revolutionary in 2006 feel extremely dated in 2020. There is only so much you can do with existing franchises. The studio is clearly talented. let them make something new.

Chukhopops

I know it’s a different studio but I hope there will be a sequel to Gears Tactics, such a great game and a very interesting take on the tactical genre.

For the next Gears my hot take is drop the story, focus on the MP part since it’s so good already, add content to horde mode / escape mode, more classes, etc.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't wait to see the continuation of Kait's story. Easily one of my favorite playable and main female video game character of all time. But there better be no loading screens and abrupt level transitions in the next game, which needs to be absolutely seamless experience from start to finish.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Hopefully the next one is not gonna feel like gears1 with better graphic once again.

And please get rid of the fucking locust and new shitty enemies and make something new.

Hopefully bring back the more macho big dick energy and make the enemy them pussy sjw and soy boys.

ripeavocado

Banned
I quite tired of Gears of War, 4 and 5 were boring and the narrative was cringeworthy, enough of Gears of War, please work on something else.

GymWolf

Can't wait to see the continuation of Kait's story. Easily one of my favorite playable and main female video game character of all time. But there better be no loading screens and abrupt level transitions in the next game, which needs to be absolutely seamless experience from start to finish.
Boy it's hard not to dunk\troll on that particular line...

But i guess different tastes and all of that :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

This series peaked at Gears 2 multiplayer. It's been in a slow decline since. Which makes sense as G2 was one of the most fantastic MP experiences out there for its time.

GymWolf

I'm one of those 2 people on the planet earth who likes Mirror's Edge games, Rememeber Me and their main female characters.

So I mean yeah, to each their own.
Mirror edge is beloved by many people and remember me was a good game overall, nothing strange in loving them, you are not alone.

Fuck sake , tedious . Apparently they can’t make a new IP because

A) The name of the studio
B) The devs are incapable of making anything other than Gears and that’s why they were hired

That Xbox reddit is a cesspool at times and the sad thing if they ever do break the predictability then that place would be all over it.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
It’s high time we had proper physics now. Chaos destruction. Environmental destruction. Decent fluid physics. Im fed up with firing a god damn rocket and just leaving a black mark on a wall. Do it coalition!!

Last edited:

44alltheway

One of the ways Microsoft feels like they haven't changed (for the worse) is the fact that they still have studio that only make a specific IP.

Electret

Christ almighty. Does it ever end?

The franchise has had seven entries. That's fantastic for any IP. But they've milked the IP completely dry to the point the franchise has started to feel like an assembly line continuously pumping out more or less the same experience every time. Moreover, I'd argue the franchise is in decline based on sales numbers for 4 relative to Judgment and the sales + XBL engagement numbers for 5; point is Microsoft is still trying to position Gears as a prestige, tentpole IP when in fact those days are long gone.

I look at TC's talent and have a hard time believing they wouldn't achieve better critical and commercial success - and help MS reduce its reliance on declining IPs - by moving onto something new.

djjinx2

I hope they do something very different and make it a full reboot. I dabbled in MP but story/gameplay was boring to me.

Go first person maybe or have a switching camera for different segments.

Top Bottom