• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE COALITION MOVING TO NEXT-GEN DEVELOPMENT, UNREAL ENGINE 5

S0ULZB0URNE

Sadly for you, you think telling it like it is, is now considered trolling?! Lol, you must have gotten a participation trophy when younger. I've refuted those claims already, so not sure why you are a backseat cheerleader at the moment? The engineers already refuted everything said. Would you rather hear it from the engineers themselves? Or the PR to follow through with marketing deals, which just so happened to interfere with the engineers and PR, as they said completely different things.

"Do I believe the politician or the actual laws"
Telling it like it is from you?
Nahh we see PC good console bad in this and most threads you post in.

Also selective reading by the above response.

Md Ray

We don't know anything or have any data about the demo. We know only that it was built for the PS5 in agreement with Sony. While the PS5 definitely has the fastest I/O it has with the same certainty the least powerful and sophisticated GPU among PC,xs and everything else I have really (really) hard time to believe that what runs on a PS5 does cant be replicated exactly the same or better on xs and leveling up on PC. The words of the engineer Epic China that Sweeney has denied , denial that I absolutely do not believe in, hammered on these doubts. After all we are seeing how the console are performing, and they are doing this way not because the ps5 or xs are using to the fullest their i/o subsystem but because in some cases the GPU already can't keep up with the rest.

I wish that the demo would be released on PC so we could test it and i could eat my crows or see if all the buzz around the i/o was mostly driven pr in agreement with Sony hyping the launch of their new console aiming at its strongest point. ...but something something .....maybe maybe they aren't releasing it for a reason
If PS5 has the least powerful GPU, what about Series S GPU? Lmao.

Telling it like it is from you?
Nahh we see PC good console bad in this and most threads you post in.

Also selective reading by the above response.
No. You made a one liner, I responded appropriately. There's no selective reading in a one-liner. But thank you for the response, or lack thereof. You haven't refuted anything that I've said, at all. I don't get why you even quote me and hide behind your laughing emojis, if you have nothing substantial to add to the argument, or topic at hand? There's literally nothing that you have said so far, to go against any of the things that I've said, so why waste time quoting me?

S0ULZB0URNE

I agree mostly on this with you. Games that will release on all platforms will be created according to the lowest denominator to work, which strangely enough seeing the history of gaming is the PC now. On the other hand, maybe developers will believe PC architecture will catch up with the times and they'll choose to release their game later on PC. First party games will be looking absolutely unbelievable though, unlike anything we've ever seen.
Some exclusives already are top tier visually..imagine the PS5 only UE5 games.

Godot25

Banned
If PS5 has the least powerful GPU, what about Series S GPU? Lmao.
You realise that Series S is targeting lower resolutions and lower texture quality right?

But as we saw in games like Hitman 3, same can be said about PS5, am I right? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

(but in all seriousness, congrats to some of the GAF users who can't understand a concept of targeting different resolutions. Concept that has been in PC space...forever?)

Last edited:
these vistas are amazing .. i literally can't imagine a 10x /polygon rate, mesh shader, custom render "soft" pipeline / enhancement fed by a super fast SSD.
What you'll probably be noticing most are not the far looks in the amazing vistas, but the close up items being way more detailed than anything you've ever seen and no LOD transitions as well as demonstrated because assets don't have LOD designs anymore. So in a sense the far looks in vistas will probably also be amazing because you don't have to LOD far away trees and grass anymore.

You realise that Series S is targeting lower resolutions and lower texture quality right?

But as we saw in games like Hitman 3, same can be said about PS5, am I right? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Nobody saw the full power of the next gen consoles yet. The only actual examples we have so far that partly make use of the new hardware are: Miles Morales, Demons Souls, Returnal and Ratchet and Clank. And all of those games look completely bonkers already. Ratchet and Clank legit look like an animation movie. That's not just me saying it but also respectable sites like Digital Foundry and the Cherno on Youtube and many others. And even that is just a taste of things to come.

I'd love to give Xbox some love and credit here also, but unfortunately we have seen 0 games, even gameplay, of them so far that would make use of the new features they're marketing. The only thing we've seen is Halo and that was not exactly mind blowing. I fully blame the studio there though because it's obvious Xbox hardware can do much better than that.

Last edited:

Md Ray

(but in all seriousness, congrats to some of the GAF users who can't understand a concept of targeting different resolutions. Concept that has been in PC space...forever?)
You can spin this however you want but the fact of the matter is that Series S has the weakest spec GPU/RAM/bandwidth, storage, etc. going into this gen.

Last edited:
We forgetting Series S again?

You can spin this however you want but the fact of the matter is that Series S has the weakest spec GPU/RAM/bandwidth, storage, etc. going into this gen.
Game devs will use ps5 as the weakest link, when designing games for next gen. Games will then be scaled down to series S, just like on PC and how games can be scaled down to lower hardware. The same way Xbox one was the bottom of the barrel least gen, it's just that now it'll be ps5 on the lower end. GPU will ALWAYS remain the baseline spec for gaming. Both XSS, XSX, & PS5 share a very similar CPU, so that won't change the dynamics, even though XSX has the upper edge here as well.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Game devs will use ps5 as the weakest link, when designing games for next gen. Games will then be scaled down to series S, just like on PC and how games can be scaled down to lower hardware. The same way Xbox one was the bottom of the barrel least gen, it's just that now it'll be ps5 on the lower end. GPU will ALWAYS remain the baseline spec for gaming. Both XSS, XSX, & PS5 share a very similar CPU, so that won't change the dynamics, even though XSX has the upper edge here as well.
Again, no matter how you spin this, Series S is the weakest link here with its limited memory, GPU, bandwidth. It's the Xbox One of this generation (even worse) and devs weren't happy about it including Id Software engine programmers.

Last edited:
Again, no matter how you spin this, Series S is the weakest link here with its limited memory, GPU, bandwidth. It's the Xbox One S of this generation and devs weren't happy about it including Id Software engine programmers.
All of that is true, no need to spin anything. But because XSX and ps5 are so similar, ps5 will still be the weakest link when it comes to creating games in the future. Games will than be scaled down to the weakest link, XSS. Just like on PC hardware configs.

Last edited:

Md Ray

All of that is true, no need to spin anything. But because XSX and ps5 are so similar, ps5 will still be the weakest link when it comes to creating games in the future. Games will be scaled down to the weakest link, XSS. Just like on PC hardware configs.
Nope, again, it's Series S. Id Software weren't happy and were vocal about it because IT BECAME the weakest link for creating games going into this generation.

Last edited:
Nope, again, it's Series S. Id Software weren't happy because IT BECAME the weakest link going into this generation.
Games won't be developed for the series S as the baseline though... That would be going backwards. Use the ps5 as the minimum spec, give a little headroom to the series X in terms of performance, and scale down to the XSS. Or in other words, use XSX as the lead platform, and scale down from there to the lesser consoles.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
It can't happen with 3rd party games because of developers still supporting slow/ancient hard drives,cpu's,ram amounts and gpu's on the PC.
When 3rd party games are made on the XSX and PS5 they will be limited because of this.
I think there's a difference between "supporting" and "actively optimizing to achieve a certain resolution/image quality/framerate" with regard to PC components.

With PC, the developers usually put out "minimum" and "recommended" specs, but most of the time you can get it to run on a complete potato well below said specs if you wanted to.

With consoles, however, they are arguably bound to create/provide a certain level of "experience" if they put the game on that system. You could technically buy Resident Evil Village and run it on a Core Quad Q6600 and an RX 550. It would run like absolute hot piss but the developers would not be bound (legally or morally to you or anyone else) to make sure it runs well. If they put it on Xbox Series S, however, they are expected (probably contractually with Microsoft) to have it running at a certain performance level - this should be what ends up hamstringing next-gen games. The talk of PCs seems to be totally irrelevant to me.

Md Ray

Games won't be developed for the series S as the baseline though... That would be going backwards. Use the ps5 as the minimum spec, give a little headroom to the series X in terms of performance, and scale down to the XSS. Or in other words, use XSX as the lead platform, and scale down from there to the lesser consoles.
Huh? Series S is the baseline and multiplatform games will be developed with the baseline in mind. Why do you think Id Software devs were complaining about it? Because they are having to go backward.
Developers say Xbox Series S could hold back multiplatform games: "Min spec matters" | GamesRadar+

Ehl8yzqXYAE3kOf.png

"drags down base spec quite a bit for next gen multi platform."

Ehl8yzjXcAEh69f

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How long do we believe it will be until PS5 has a scene to the similar quality and speed of the flythrough sequence in that tech demo?

I'm talking same graphical quality and speed with stuff being drawn on the fly.

I wonder if we will even see it once this generation.

How long do we believe it will be until PS5 has a scene to the similar quality and speed of the flythrough sequence in that tech demo?

I'm talking same graphical quality and speed with stuff being drawn on the fly.

I wonder if we will even see it once this generation.
You’ve already seen it, that demo was running on PS5 which makes it such a powerful demo. When will you see it implemented in games? Jim Ryan says that the purely next gen games will be released from 2022 onward.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You’ve already seen it, that demo was running on PS5 which makes it such a powerful demo.

Ive seen all sorts of things. I'm talking how long until I have it in a product or running natively in front of me.

Why can't epic just release that demo for me to see live on my OLED TV in front of me running natively on MY ps5? I hope it comes soon.

Last edited:
Ive seen all sorts of things. I'm talking how long until I have it in a product or running natively in front of me.

Why can't epic just release that demo for me to see live on my OLED TV in front of me running natively on MY ps5? I hope it comes soon.
As far as I remember they talked during the demo why didn’t release it to the big crowd yet. It was something about you have to take that very specific part to make the demo work because they didn’t work on other parts of that world. I’d love to see it on my Oled also though 😃. Ratchet and Clank releases soon and that comes quite close maybe, using a different art style though.

According to DF they also come close to the 1 triangle per pixel goal that the UE5 demo demonstrated.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
As far as I remember they talked during the demo why didn’t release it to the big crowd yet. It was something about you have to take that very specific part to make the demo work because they didn’t work on other parts of that world. I’d love to see it on my Oled also though 😃. Ratchet and Clank releases soon and that comes quite close maybe, using a different art style though.

According to DF they also come close to the 1 triangle per pixel goal that the UE5 demo demonstrated.

I'm sure they know how to contain the demo, they have released them before. I had the baloon demo and a few others that Epic released. I think it would be great for them to release it on PS5.

Lethal01

Only if that SSD can act like the GPU, sure. With consoles finally adopting SSD, they have been able to remove seek times, and redundancy. But there still aren't any games that take advantage of loading in high detail as you move the camera, which was implied by PR. There are no games that can't run on PC. Literally no examples, as the most proclaimed thing was the ue5 demo, and how it would need to be dumbed down to run on PC and Xbox 😂😂😂😂. Ironically, it's coming to PC this year. And when it runs better, on slower drives, people will realize the difference between PR and reality.

Or you know, if Nanite allows them to use less Vram by relying more on streaming, can we stop dumbing any comment about this into "SSD doesn't render pixel"? not shit it doesn't. But lets not jump from that to, "This system won't at all provide benefits to systems with faster storage".

Now we don't have numbers and the difference could be negligible but you and I have no idea about what it could provide. I'm not gonna screaming PS5 won I'm just saying that perhaps it could lead to something like 10% more free ram in geometry-heavy scenes.

Now I'm hopefully that the benefits are way higher than this, since if they managed to do something crazy like 30% more free memory that would show a very promising future for both consoles and especially PC when better SSDs keep improving and the updates to the storage architecture Windows/Nvidia has been talking about roll out.

Last edited:

sainraja

Not name calling, but sometimes I seriously wonder... I literally provided the posts, not sure why it's so hard just to click and read?
And yet you didn't include any specific quote made by a person in those threads (regarding UE5 engine being exclusive).
Uhhhh, yeah I have. I'm starting to think that you guys are just a little off your rockers or something. With everyone trying to spin things one way, imma defend myself. Not sure why everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room, and pretending that UE5 demo was considered built for ps5, only able to run on ps5, and some went so far too say the ENGINE was exclusive on ps5. We have already clarified from day one, that is not true. There would be no degradation on pc or Xbox, as matter a fact, it more than likely performs better. That's been my point this whole time, and it'll be put to rest when the demo launches this year.
No. I looked at the third post you pointed to and addressed exactly why it doesn't support your point (this is the post YOU pointed us towards). You are disproving a narrative that ONLY you have created; right now, you are the only one saying that UE5 engine was exclusive to PS5 and then trying to disprove what ONLY you are saying. Repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to make it true, no matter how much you want it to be true. You have also made it clear that you are not capable of moving on. I do find it a little funny that now you've moved past (slightly) insisting that people were saying UE5 engine is exclusive to talking about the demo so I guess that is a little progress and you were accusing others of moving goal posts. LOL

Just to be clear here, you weren't being called out on questioning the demo (you can question that all day long, don't really care). It was regarding your statement, saying others were insisting the engine was exclusive to PS5 (this you haven't proved at all).

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Darius87

I'm sure they know how to contain the demo, they have released them before. I had the baloon demo and a few others that Epic released. I think it would be great for them to release it on PS5.
i don't think it's that easy as you might think, what happens if player falls down off the cliff? or falls when climbing? dead/injury animation would be required or what happens when players will start exploring nooks and crannies, dark areas? that might not even have textures, demo would crash a lot that's why we don't get it or epic must fully develop it for release, but that wasn't the goal for the demo it's technology showcase afterall.

sainraja

this could very well be true, but business and the worldwide situation right now is going to make cross Gen last for so much longer than ever seen before. So yes, Sony exclusives...(that don’t use unreal engine 5) will show some I/o work. Ratchet for example.

There is no way Epic are stupid enough to invest in a tech demo and technology that would only be possible on one console that doesn’t even use their engine outside 1 or 2 games. You only need to step away for a second to really think about this logically.

it was a pure marketing move, and a genius one I may add. Cemented in sonys continued investment into the studio and the recent emails that leaked.

apologies for double post.
So you don't think EPIC is willing to add in features to their engine that uniquely suit the platforms their engine supports? (I am not claiming anything here - just asking a question.)

And yet you didn't include any specific quote made by a person in those threads (regarding UE5 engine being exclusive).

No. I looked at the third post you pointed to and addressed exactly why it doesn't support your point (this is the post YOU pointed us towards). You are disproving a narrative that ONLY you have created; right now, you are the only one saying that UE5 engine was exclusive to PS5 and then trying to disprove what ONLY you are saying. Repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to make it true, no matter how much you want it to be true. You have also made it clear that you are not capable of moving on. I do find it a little funny that now you've moved past (slightly) insisting that people were saying UE5 engine is exclusive to talking about the demo so I guess that is a little progress and you were accusing others of moving goal posts. LOL

Just to be clear here, you weren't being called out on questioning the demo (you can question that all day long, don't really care). It was regarding your statement, saying others were insisting the engine was exclusive to PS5 (this you haven't proved at all).

Have a nice day!
You must be a good bit off from normalcy. I've never over ever said the engine is exclusive. I've linked the threads which people have said it. You are too lazy to look for yourself. You are moving the goalposts at this point. I've said the word demo at least 20x in this thread, so I'm unsure where you are having trouble reading English or understanding it?

Or you know, if Nanite allows them to use less Vram by relying more on streaming, can we stop dumbing any comment about this into "SSD doesn't render pixel"? not shit it doesn't. But lets not jump from that to, "This system won't at all provide benefits to systems with faster storage".

Now we don't have numbers and the difference could be negligible but you and I have no idea about what it could provide. I'm not gonna screaming PS5 won I'm just saying that perhaps it could lead to something like 10% more free ram in geometry-heavy scenes.

Now I'm hopefully that the benefits are way higher than this, since if they managed to do something crazy like 30% more free memory that would show a very promising future for both consoles and especially PC when better SSDs keep improving and the updates to the storage architecture Windows/Nvidia has been talking about roll out.
Again, what are the asset streaming speeds? Until we know that, there may be absolutely no benefit to having a faster SSD. That has been my whole point, this whole time. If you, nor anyone, have the slightest clue of what those speeds are, it's silly to make conclusions from something we don't even know about. And that's why I keep saying, it's ridiculous for some people to keep insisting that Xbox or PC will have a loss of quality. If anything, PS5 might be the worst-looking one to run the demo, because it has the weakest GPU between the Xbox Series X, PS5, and decent PCs.

Not only that, but there's direct storage coming out and RTX I/O releasing, which will only push PC further, but I'm 99% sure the demo will release before either of those come out. And that is another reason why it makes sense to listen to the Epic China engineer, and how he reiterated that a Samsung 970 Evo is perfectly fine to run the demo at higher quality, even though it's a much slower SSD than the PS5 SSD.

Last edited:

sainraja

You must be a good bit off from normalcy. I've never over ever said the engine is exclusive. I've linked the threads which people have said it. You are too lazy to look for yourself. You are moving the goalposts at this point. I've said the word demo at least 20x in this thread, so I'm unsure where you are having trouble reading English or understanding it?
Are you describing yourself there? 🤷‍♂️

I'm not lazy. You are saying people said something so it's reasonable to expect you to provide the quotes where they said it. You still haven't done that (I wonder why?). If you won't, I will continue to ask YOU for it.

I don't think you actually bother to read people's responses to you given what you are saying above in response to me, lol. You've been saying others have claimed that UE5 is PS5 exclusive and I am saying YOU are the only one here doing the claiming (saying people said that) and then disproving it (basically your own narrative); I am trying to point out to you that you've created this narrative that there were people who said UE5 engine was exclusive to PS5 and then disproving it when no one was saying that, they were only speaking of the demo which you are more than welcome to question (going by the only post you gave an example of.)

We're going in circles and I have wasted enough of my time on you.

Last edited:
Are there any actual games showing off the unreal engine 5?
Are there any additional tech demos showing unreal engine 5, besides the PS5 one?

Are you describing yourself there? 🤷‍♂️

I'm not lazy. You are saying people said something so it's reasonable to expect you to provide the quotes where they said it. You still haven't done that (I wonder why?). If you won't, I will continue to ask YOU for it.

I don't think you actually bother to read people's responses to you given what you are saying above in response to me, lol. You've been saying others have claimed that UE5 is PS5 exclusive and I am saying YOU are the only one here doing the claiming (saying people said that) and then disproving it (basically your own narrative); I am trying to point out to you that you've created this narrative that there were people who said UE5 engine was exclusive to PS5 and then disproving it when no one was saying that, they were only speaking of the demo which you are more than welcome to question (going by the only post you gave an example of.)

We're going in circles and I have wasted enough of my time on you.
I've linked two threads, with several pages. I'm not going to go through 50 pages of posts to point out each person, and to quote them. If you were on GAF at the time, you would see these posts all over when ue5 was shown last year.

I never once believed the engine or demo was exclusive. That's why my original post has so many reasons, cause it's making fun of those idiots who though it was. Epic confirmed ue5 was multi-platform from the beginning, duh. If you can't understand that by now, I have no words for you.

But please learn how to read and take things in from now on. If you have trouble understanding, say so. It's not up to us to assume what's wrong with you.

Post in thread 'Godfall PC Trailer (UE5 info was wrong)' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/godfall-pc-trailer-ue5-info-was-wrong.1548039/post-258697899

Post in thread 'Aaron Greenberg congratulates Sony and assures Xbox fans the revealed games would look and play great on XSX, "the world's most powerful console"' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/aaro...-most-powerful-console.1547301/post-258644025

Post in thread 'Xbox Wire - Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-wire-everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-series-x-and-the-future-of-xbox…-so-far.1546836/post-258604500

Someone making fun of others:
Post in thread 'Xbox Wire - Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-wire-everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-series-x-and-the-future-of-xbox…-so-far.1546836/post-258601965

From a simple search, since you are too lazy too sainraja sainraja

Last edited:

sainraja

I've linked two threads, with several pages. I'm not going to go through 50 pages of posts to point out each person, and to quote them. If you were on GAF at the time, you would see these posts all over when ue5 was shown last year.

I never once believed the engine or demo was exclusive. That's why my original post has so many reasons, cause it's making fun of those idiots who though it was. Epic confirmed ue5 was multi-platform from the beginning, duh. If you can't understand that by now, I have no words for you.

But please learn how to read and take things in from now on. If you have trouble understanding, say so. It's not up to us to assume what's wrong with you.

Post in thread 'Godfall PC Trailer (UE5 info was wrong)' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/godfall-pc-trailer-ue5-info-was-wrong.1548039/post-258697899

Post in thread 'Aaron Greenberg congratulates Sony and assures Xbox fans the revealed games would look and play great on XSX, "the world's most powerful console"' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/aaro...-most-powerful-console.1547301/post-258644025
You only needed to provide one and if this quote is the best one you have (and I think you are missing the sarcasm there lol); anyway, I think you are pushing this narrative a little too much and you seem to be the only one fixated on it. To wrap up (since no one is accomplishing anything here), I guess, go on and continue to fixate on that. Most people know UE5 is multi-platform which you just don't want to admit.

You only needed to provide one and if this quote is the best one you have (and I think you are missing the sarcasm there lol); anyway, I think you are pushing this narrative a little too much and you seem to be the only one fixated on it. To wrap up (since no one is accomplishing anything here), I guess, go on and continue to fixate on that. Most people know UE5 is multi-platform which you just don't want to admit.
Theres a few more examples there. And no it was definitely a thing. People were claiming that on the first few days, until it was made clear by Epic. But anyone with double digit IQ's already knew the engine was multiplat. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe that people really thought the engine was exclusive.

Also why would people be using sarcasm about it? Think about that for a second. Why did I use sarcasm in my first post in this thread? Come on man. Put 2 and 2 together...

sainraja

Post in thread 'Xbox Wire - Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-wire-everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-series-x-and-the-future-of-xbox…-so-far.1546836/post-258604500

Someone making fun of others:
Post in thread 'Xbox Wire - Everything You Need to Know about Xbox Series X and The Future of Xbox… So Far' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-wire-everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-series-x-and-the-future-of-xbox…-so-far.1546836/post-258601965

From a simple search, since you are too lazy too sainraja sainraja
So twitter is representative of this forum? Because that is the only clear reference from the posts you've mentioned, lol.

This doesn't support your point as much as you think it does. Ah well. Carry on.

Last edited:
So twitter is representative of this forum? Because that is the only clear reference from the posts you've mentioned, lol.

This doesn't support your point as much as you think it does. Ah well. Carry on.
People were saying it on the forums, on Twitter, on YouTube, etc. Smh if you don't wanna believe it, because these are your console warrior buddies, fine. But the facts still remain. People here thought it was exclusive. And since you keep trying to call me out for it, I'm going to keep proving my point. I don't say things, unless I know them for a fact. If you need more examples I'll get them. But it's crazy to think you still have some form of doubts, after several people confirm what I've been saying all along. Weird...

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So you don't think EPIC is willing to add in features to their engine that uniquely suit the platforms their engine supports? (I am not claiming anything here - just asking a question.)

I genuinely think Epic will want to put the work in to make their engine as easy to use and efficient across all possible platforms because ultimately they want all developers to use it.

sainraja

I genuinely think Epic will want to put the work in to make their engine as easy to use and efficient across all possible platforms because ultimately they want all developers to use it.
Yeah, I don't disagree with that. It's not far off to consider that they might also play to the strengths of each platform that their engine can run on.

Last edited:
I don't want to burst the bubble of some people here, but the demo shown by Epic was to show off asset streaming and the level of detail in any given scene it can create. They chose the PS5 to demo this new tech because its SSD tech is lightyears ahead of any other competition. They said the demo will run on all machines and it will look beautiful nonetheless. It will look best on PS5 though and then scale down depending on IO speed because of the amount of assets needing to be loaded/streamed during the scene.

On top of this, why would Epic lie about this? Their engine is supposed to run on all platforms, and they make money because of being available on all platforms. If Epic would lie about this it would set a terrible precedent and it would be severely bad for their image (e.g. Microsoft can decide not to use the engine on their games), so you can trust them to be honest on this. And if you don't believe what they're saying, it is time to do some actual research into the subject instead of just negating facts because it doesn't suit your opinion.
You can use the the UE5 engine and not use nanite and lumen at all, the UE5 demo running on PS5 was using nanite and lumen,as such this demo would not be possible on any other platform.

You can use the the UE5 engine and not use nanite and lumen at all, the UE5 demo running on PS5 was using nanite and lumen,as such this demo would not be possible on any other platform.
Exactly that 👍. Somehow this is very hard to understand for some people.Even nanite and lumen would work on other platform, just not in the same capacity for obvious reasons. And yes it’s a completely optional part of the engine.

Last edited:

Md Ray

the s series is not meant to be a performance console and is entry level for those who still have a full HD display. I hadn't even considered it
No matter how you spin this, it's still a next-gen (current-gen) console with the least powerful GPU this generation. Period.

Last edited:
No matter how you spin this, it's still a next-gen (current-gen) console with the least powerful GPU this generation. Period.
If devs had to pick between both consoles, XSX will always be the lead platform for development over the ps5. XSS would never be considered for that position, as the graphics sliders and resolution can be lowered for it. You take the stronger platform, and move the sliders down for XSS and ps5 ports.

Mister Wolf

If devs had to pick between both consoles, XSX will always be the lead platform for development over the ps5. XSS would never be considered for that position, as the graphics sliders and resolution can be lowered for it. You take the stronger platform, and move the sliders down for XSS and ps5 ports.
The Witcher 3 on the Switch is the ultimate proof of this.

Md Ray

XSX will always be the lead platform for development over the ps5.
Source?
XSS would never be considered for that position, as the graphics sliders and resolution can be lowered for it.
Id Software engine programmers disagree and say otherwise.
Huh? Series S is the baseline and multiplatform games will be developed with the baseline in mind. Why do you think Id Software devs were complaining about it? Because they are having to go backward.
Developers say Xbox Series S could hold back multiplatform games: "Min spec matters" | GamesRadar+

Ehl8yzqXYAE3kOf.png

"drags down base spec quite a bit for next gen multi platform."

Ehl8yzjXcAEh69f
Xbox has the weakest link going into this generation for multiplatform game development, yet again with the weakest GPU, tiny RAM, and everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom