• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Conduit Discussion Thread (Videos + Other Media)

Zenith

Banned
that "improvment" vid is kinda cheating. yeah, no shit, it looks better. you may as well comapre it to a wireframe video.

bdouble

looking good. Like really nice. Seems like its coming together and everything doesn't look cut and pasted.

Zenith said:
that "improvment" vid is kinda cheating. yeah, no shit, it looks better. you may as well comapre it to a wireframe video.

Yeah this has been the case ever since the game was shown. From what I can tell they don't really have the PR people in place and aren't sure what to show and how to show it. It just lack of any sort of marketing structure at all.

I mean c'mon the whole awards trailer?

jts

...hate me...
Shit, costumizable everything? :eek:

This game really shows a lot of effort. If it'll be good or not nobody knows but it certainly sets an example on how Wii devs should work.

Holy shit.

Will the game run off of the dev PCs? The IQ is wonderful, everything looks so crisp and sharp, even moreso for a Wii game, I don't believe it.

Day 1 for sure.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking really nice. I would love to think that it will set an example for 3rd parties for how much effort should be put into a Wii game but I know it won't.

thefro

Caesar III said:
great @ customization of controls and sensities

and WOW @ customizeable HUD

Yeah, the customizable HUD is pretty awesome... I went "WOW" outloud at that... surprised nobody's thought of that in a console game to let you drag and drop the various boxes wherever you want.

Overall game looks great except for some bad texture art here and there, but it looks a lot better than it did before.

RoboPlato said:
Looking really nice. I would love to think that it will set an example for 3rd parties for how much effort should be put into a Wii game but I know it won't.

The problem is, the game will likely bomb. Which is too bad, because if the games is as cool as it looks, it would make for a nice series on the Wii.

Third parties aren't going to try very hard if there is no profit.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
comedy bomb said:
The problem is, the game will likely bomb. Which is too bad, because if the games is as cool as it looks, it would make for a nice series on the Wii.

Hopefully if Sega helps them advertise it, it might sell alright. Enough for them to keep making Wii games.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
comedy bomb said:

I hope Sega and Nintendo both push this game. It looks very good so far.

I just hope they don't push the graphics too hard and kill the framerate. Great controls mean nothing at 10fps.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
comedy bomb said:

I know. I hope it at least does better than Valkyria Chronicles. It seems like all of the good games that Sega has been putting out lately have been doomed from the start. I fear for Mad World too.

It's looking pretty good. Still, most of the videos of this gams released are bragging about how they can do some graphical effect from years ago on the Wii.

Zenith said:

seriously

what was the purpose of it?

Ulairi

Banned
Linkzg said:
It's looking pretty good. Still, most of the videos of this gams released are bragging about how they can do some graphical effect from years ago on the Wii.

seriously

what was the purpose of it?

To show how far a game has gone from pre-production to release. It's marketing.

I think the game will do pretty well.

BlueMagic

Having so many sliders and options just to make the controls work well is not very appealling for me... I mean, I like that it is in fact, quite customizeable. But this is too much, I'd like it if you didn't have to spend 1 hour customizing it to perfection... It shouldn't be that way..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BlueMagic said:
Having so many sliders and options just to make the controls work well is not very appealling for me... I mean, I like that it is in fact, quite customizeable. But this is too much, I'd like it if you didn't have to spend 1 hour customizing it to perfection... It shouldn't be that way..
I've heard it's pretty good to start but with Wii games being so free form in the way that they control it's nice to have all of the options.

thefro

BlueMagic said:

They have a bunch of control presets too so you don't have to spend a hour tweaking it.

For those who want to make it perfect, it's there though.

RoboPlato said:
I know. I hope it at least does better than Valkyria Chronicles. It seems like all of the good games that Sega has been putting out lately have been doomed from the start. I fear for Mad World too.

Oh Mad World is definitely screwed. It'll be lucky to sell what No More Heroes sold. (Which sold pretty decent actually)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
BlueMagic said:

Having to deal with preset controls > perfection?

I like being able to have the controls work exactly the way I want them.

Zenith

Banned
Ulairi said:
To show how far a game has gone from pre-production to release. It's marketing.

I think the game will do pretty well.

but it's pre-production. you may as well have compared Stranglehold's tech demo with the PS2 Psi-op's assets to the finished deal.

Ydahs

comedy bomb said:

I actually think that it has a chance to sell decently (in comparison to other quality 3rd party titles), since it has a lot of hype going on for it. It all matters on reviews though and how much advertising Sega does.

By decent I don't mean millions, but a respectable amount. Much better than Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes and Call of Duty 5. Certainly much better than what Madworld is going to sell.

Zenith said:

Hey, this Video was the comparison between conduit and James Bond Wii!

Haven't you recognized those hands? :lol

jts

...hate me...
Zenith said:
but it's pre-production. you may as well have compared Stranglehold's tech demo with the PS2 Psi-op's assets to the finished deal.
I actually enjoy watching things in their early stages. So there?

kayzai said:
Ok. THIS IS WHAT I CALL EFFORT!!!

HERE COMES ANOTHER HARDCORE WII GAME, ALL YOU WII MOANERS!!!

YOU WANTED GOOD GRAPHICS, SOUND, VOICE-CHAT, ONLINE DEATHMATCH AND HARDCORE!

IF THIS BOMBS...THEN YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT MINI GAMES!

A little rude but true

Zenith

Banned
jts said:
I actually enjoy watching things in their early stages. So there?

I wasn't questioning enjoymeny factor, just that the video seems to imply some big leap forward from previous efforts, when all games should improve by that much from "pre-development".

Hey, this Video was the comparison between conduit and James Bond Wii!

Haven't you recognized those hands?

was it?

kayzai said:
Ok. THIS IS WHAT I CALL EFFORT!!!

HERE COMES ANOTHER HARDCORE WII GAME, ALL YOU WII MOANERS!!!

YOU WANTED GOOD GRAPHICS, SOUND, VOICE-CHAT, ONLINE DEATHMATCH AND HARDCORE!

IF THIS BOMBS...THEN YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT MINI GAMES!

IT LOOKS OK, BUT I THINK I WILL STICK WITH KILLZONE 2 FOR MY FPS FIX OF THE YEAR. I'M SURE THE GAME WILL DO WELL REGARDLESS.

JaMarco

BlueMagic said:
this is a joke right?

Fox318

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I still think this is the most over-hyped over-rated game on the Wii.

I just don't see whats so special about it.

yoopoo

Banned
Fox318 said:
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I still think this is the most over-hyped over-rated game on the Wii.

What would you rate this game?

Fox318 said:

It is pushing Wii Hardware, like really hard. Therefore the game is excellent.

comedy bomb said:
LOL DUAL ANALOG

Why is Dual Analog "lol"?

This looks pretty good to me. May be the fourth Wii game I buy. Very detailed, textures look much sharper than any other third-party Wii game I can remember. It looks like that one game (Legendary?) but without the suck. :lol

Its like: Halo (enemy combat style) + Metroid Prime 3 (alien weapons remind me of it) + Killzone (non-alien weapons) + Legendary (vibe) = The Conduit; I am hopeful. :D

The AI seems rather "meh" to me. They don't really dodge that much as far as I can see. They play like multiplayer humans with very little sense of self-preservation, at most they may move to one side but shooting is obviously more important to them than living.

Some of the features in that video are ancient now. But I like that they are at least up to date on what current shooters are doing.

So far I like what I see, my only issue is that the SP may feel just like a MP match. Instead of worrying whether enemies will try to overtake you strategically or actually cover (not just move back and forth) , you just have to make sure you strafe and spam fire quicker.

Times like this I wish there were Wii demos.

yoopoo said:
I know....seems complete opposite of why Killzone 2 is so hyped on PS3.

Yeah I know. I mean I am really basing my decision on the fact that I have 10 Wii games and only 4 PS3 games. The PS3 could do with a few more games.

yoopoo

Banned
dabookerman said:
Yeah I know. I mean I am really basing my decision on the fact that I have 10 Wii games and only 4 PS3 games. The PS3 could do with a few more games.
What decision would that be?

Top Bottom