The Corruption Of Symbols

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013

A short concise video I'm sure people's attention span will be able to sit through.

If not, not my chair not my problem.

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Feminist symbol, white power fist..

O and T, Order and Truth...

:goog_eek:

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Social justice didn’t replace the meaning of the ok symbol though. 4chan did as a joke, then social justice idiots fell for it.

Turnt

Neo Member
Jul 21, 2018
It is pretty fascinating and hilarious to see how people have managed to take these totally innocuous things like the ok symbol and turn it into a big deal for some people.

Although the guy in this video does say at the beginning that Gamergate wasn't a targeted campaign against women. It shows how people on both sides can be pretty fucking delusional to try and make things fit their world view.

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)

A short concise video I'm sure people's attention span will be able to sit through.

If not, not my chair not my problem.
Is the youtuber saying that only SJWs use beanbags, drink big gulps, and play SNES?????? HUH????? YOU WANNA SEE OUTRAGE BUDDY NOW YO UGOT ITTITTITITITI

(im kidding)

It is an interesting video, short enough for even my incel mind to focus on. It does seem like symbols are almost being weaponized whenever a new chance arises to stab at one side or another.

I used to always do the "okay sign." Like, I would be coaching an athlete and if they had a nice throw I would do a thumbs up or a "okay!" sign, ya know. Those were simpler times, I guess?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
Although the guy in this video does say at the beginning that Gamergate wasn't a targeted campaign against women. It shows how people on both sides can be pretty fucking delusional to try and make things fit their world view.
Are you saying Gamergate was a targeted campaign against women?

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
It was mostly just some video game players taking their hobby way too seriously and overreacting to things, and a small portion of them going way overboard with it and bringing the whole movement down with them.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
I like how I see rainbows in schools and stuff and it's the same rainbow as the LGBT flag.

People do realize there are SEVEN colors in the rainbow right? This isn't exactly hard to understand here, maybe LGBT can't count to 7? Hey @Ailynn can you count to 7?

J/K btw ;) I fully expect that 10% of them can count to 7. lol.

Seriously though, people don't seem to even know what rainbows are.

Turnt

Neo Member
Jul 21, 2018
It was mostly just some video game players taking their hobby way too seriously and overreacting to things, and a small portion of them going way overboard with it and bringing the whole movement down with them.
That's one of the funny things about Gamergate. The Gamergaters who insist they weren't there to harass women instead make themselves out to be on the noble side of some culture war. When really they're just a bunch of pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful.

Dec 3, 2018
That's one of the funny things about Gamergate. The Gamergaters who insist they weren't there to harass women instead make themselves out to be on the noble side of some culture war. When really they're just a bunch of pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful.
I just want you to know that I'm rooting for you. I don't think the rest of this thread is going to go very well for you, but don't let that dissuade you from fighting back. I have something of an affinity for plucky underdogs, and even though you are wrong about everything in the most painfully stupid way possible, I think you'll make this thread into something special.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
I like how I see rainbows in schools and stuff and it's the same rainbow as the LGBT flag.

People do realize there are SEVEN colors in the rainbow right? This isn't exactly hard to understand here, maybe LGBT can't count to 7? Hey @Ailynn can you count to 7?

What, you kiddin' me? I can count all the way to twenty-four. Fuggedaboutit!

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
You're projecting. "Pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful" is an objectively accurate characterization of the other side.

Turnt

Neo Member
Jul 21, 2018
You're projecting. "Pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful" is an objectively accurate characterization of the other side.
Now come on, calling all women pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful is painting with a pretty broad brush.

But I'm guessing you are actually referring to the SJWs. And yeh, they are also a bunch of pretentious dipshits trying to pretend they did something meaningful. That doesn't mean the Gamergaters aren't too. They spazzed out over nothing, achieved nothing and still take themselves incredibly seriously. The description fits both sides. I don't see what's wrong with finding that funny.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007

A rainbow is a continuous spectrum. You can split it in as many arbitrary colours as you wish.

Shy Fingers

Aug 3, 2011
...Is "honk honk" just taking the "bark bark" from the racist dog twitter and trying to turn it "right" leaning?

If so, that doesn't make the "right" good at memes, just coopting them?

Dec 15, 2011
Read, yes. Unable to watch currently.
Also would hate for my youtube recommendations to go to hell.
Well, perhaps you shouldn't make disingenuous hot-takes to things that are already answered and then make excuses about the possible threat to your echo-chamber if you want to look credible.

Shy Fingers

Aug 3, 2011
Well, perhaps you shouldn't make disingenuous hot-takes to things that are already answered and then make excuses about the possible threat to your echo-chamber if you want to look credible.
...or in the last two posts you made you could have answered my question? I posed it as a question... there's a question mark.

Dec 15, 2011
...or in the last two posts you made you could have answered my question? I posed it as a question... there's a question mark.
And that's the third bad-faith effort you've made in as many posts.
Making out its someone else's fault for your voluntary position each time.

Read the OP.
Don't make disingenuous hot takes that the OP already addresses.
Don't berate the threat to the sanctity of your echo chamber as a defence for you voluntarily entering a thread but demonstrating you aren't interested in its discussion.
Don't accuse others who spot your bad-faith as being accountable for it.

EDIT: The period of time since our exchange started is over 5 times the running length of the video in the OP.
Perhaps, before you try another bad-faith reply and try to blame someone else for it, you'll find the means to digest the OP of the thread.
I wouldn't worry about the threat to your echo-chamber. Those walls seem pretty sturdy.

Last edited:

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Is the youtuber saying that only SJWs use beanbags, drink big gulps, and play SNES?????? HUH????? YOU WANNA SEE OUTRAGE BUDDY NOW YO UGOT ITTITTITITITI

(im kidding)

It is an interesting video, short enough for even my incel mind to focus on. It does seem like symbols are almost being weaponized whenever a new chance arises to stab at one side or another.

I used to always do the "okay sign." Like, I would be coaching an athlete and if they had a nice throw I would do a thumbs up or a "okay!" sign, ya know. Those were simpler times, I guess?
That was your subconscious racism.