• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew 2 Beta Signups Available

MADGAME

Beta signups available for PS4x X1 and PC

http://thecrewgame.com/beta

Game launches June 29, 2018

Crew 2 Motor Edition available for preorder at Ubi store for $109.99. Yikes

DYWGJd3VoAA6hKu.jpg

Last edited:

DryvBy

Thanks. I'm hyped. The Crew one was such a medicore game that I loved. I co-oped the entire game with my cousin.

I quite like the large game world but the racing and physics were bad in the first game. This sequel looks better but still not great, more of a fun sandbox which isn't the worst idea ever though.

Still I will probably just hold out for FH4 which will no doubt be the racing game of the year!

Denton

First game had its flaws (imperfect physics, no collision physics, bad weather transitions, stupid way of earning money by sending virtual friends on jobs..) but I loved it - it supported my wheel and it looked beautiful with Wild Run update. Played it for 150 hours easily.
I hoped for Europe in the second game, so US again is a bit disappointing. I do not care about boats nor planes.
Well, hopefully it will be improved enough to be worth it.
Here are few shots of Crew 1 I took while exploring because reasons

thecrew2016-2-2-19-28n3y58.jpg

thecrew2016-2-2-10-56xmajv.jpg

thecrew2016-2-2-15-8-8kl0c.jpg

thecrew2016-2-2-20-8-c0xt4.jpg

urge to play it again rising

MADGAME

I too found the first one quite lacking in enjoyment. At least the beta can provide confirmation if the game is worth considering or not with a pre-release taste. If selected, of course.

Good looking out OP !

When can we expect email invites going out, don't want to miss out on this.
Not sure, the canned response I received was for a successful registration and I would be notified if selected. They didn't even specify the dates of the beta in the signup process.

Rellik

Cheers. Signed up.

I remember the beta for the original being really bad, but the full game being much better.

drotahorror

I signed up when signups were announced last year at E3. It's definitely not first come first serve ha. Still waiting.

Last edited:
What does that even mean?

Your car can transform into a boat or plane, as you drive into water or off a cliff. It's pure arcade racer nonsense, but you won't be turning into a robot that fights other robots, or anything like that. It's not that kind of transformers.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Your car can transform into a boat or plane, as you drive into water or off a cliff. It's pure arcade racer nonsense, but you won't be turning into a robot that fights other robots, or anything like that. It's not that kind of transformers.

I guess he doesn’t like the idea of including planes and boats? Gee, if only there were a game that was dedicated to doing just open world racing with cars...

I guess he doesn’t like the idea of including planes and boats? Gee, if only there were a game that was dedicated to doing just open world racing with cars...

My guess is that transforming cars is just a bit too silly / unrealistic for some people, even in an arcade racer. I'm cool with it, though. Sounds fun to me.

My guess is that transforming cars is just a bit too silly / unrealistic for some people, even in an arcade racer. I'm cool with it, though. Sounds fun to me.

I was actually intrigued by the whole transforming aspect and thought it sounded fun as I personally don’t need my games to be realistic... but the fact that you can transform from a plane back into a car or a motorcycle while 15,000 feet in the air and plummet to the ground and just drive off is a bit too far of a stretch for me.

Would have been cool if you could transform but the physics at least made a little sense - not realistic necessarily, but not completely ridiculous either.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Crew 2 closed beta will include access to all content in the first level of progression, giving a cross section of four different race types, namely Street Race, Rally Raid, Powerboat, and Aerobatics. The full line-up of vehicles will be available to unlock, and all closed beta players will also be able to check out an exclusive New York street race mission, the 'Motor Trend Classic Challenge'.

Set to commence on Thursday 31st May from 8am UTC / 9am BST / 4am EDT and end at the same time on Monday 4th June, taking part in The Crew 2 closed beta will also award an exclusive in-game leather jacket for use in the final game. You can sign up to take part in The Crew 2 closed beta here, and pre-loading will be available from 29th May.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...osed-Beta-Hits-the-Gas-at-the-End-of-May.html

Redshirt

Banned
Anyone have any impressions on PC performance from the technical alpha or whatever it was. I got invited but missed it due to work.

I'm a little concerned with the PC performance because of the last game.

Beyond that, I'm pretty excited and ready to buy the Gold Edition off Green Man Gaming.

Redshirt

Banned
I'm sure this beta isn't going to be tough to get into, but people are providing unlimited/multi-use codes on The Crew 2 discord. Invite link is available via Reddit.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Here are some codes to activate in this site
  1. B9RZ38REKYD8
  2. 6C7JDKRPQLEQ
  3. 2FTCWDQHYJLT
  4. CQTGT98QR6XM
  5. HFACP3HWN6J2
Once you have entered your code, you can invite 3 friends on the same platform as you, and the beta should appear on your Uplay account during the day.

how does the codes work? I am totally lost how to get this on my PS4 pre-order the gold edition can't even pre-load until the end of the month

Redshirt

Banned
You need a beta-specific code for the PS4. It will be a separate title from your pre-order.

You can still register, I believe. Or jump on Reddit or the official Discord to get a code/invite.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yes it's live, but I constantly get disconnected every 10min with an error message because the server dont follow the charge (on PC)

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
I was about to write that I'm on PC and haven't had any issues when I got disconnected. Looks like it's down for maintenance or something.

DryvBy

Did they remove some minor cities? I'm driving around in Texas and it feels like a chunk of smaller areas are missing from the first game, but the big cities are actually a lot bigger.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah. I bought the Gold edition from GMG.

I do have some complaints:

-60 fps cap again
-no damage?
-skill challenges only run in one direction?

But other than that really enjoying it. Nighttime is so much better than Crew 1.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Did they remove some minor cities? I'm driving around in Texas and it feels like a chunk of smaller areas are missing from the first game, but the big cities are actually a lot bigger.
Is this using the same map?

DryvBy

Is this using the same map?

I might install The Crew 1 again but this map looks a bit different in some areas. I've been stuck in some rocks driving offroad and had to reset. I don't remember having that problem in the first one.

edit: Reddit has some info on it being slightly changed up. The size is the same I think but there's some differences.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I think so. There's been a lot of improvements, but the NY Airport area, for instance, is very much the same as the last game. Even the slalom event there is the same.
I might install The Crew 1 again but this map looks a bit different in some areas. I've been stuck in some rocks driving offroad and had to reset. I don't remember having that problem in the first one.

edit: Reddit has some info on it being slightly changed up. The size is the same I think but there's some differences.
That makes sense I guess. As long as it looks a lot better it shouldn't matter much. Does this support HDR?

Top Bottom