• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's rocking the Val Kilmer Bat-smile.
pXQAI.jpg

-Mikey-

Dammit! After doing some research I'll have to drive around 2.5 hours to get the "ultimate" 15/70 3D experience. I'm use to a very small theater in my town so even seeing this or Prometheus in Liemax would be better than I am use to.

I'll probably make the trip regardless.

effzee

Dammit! After doing some research I'll have to drive around 2.5 hours to get the "ultimate" 15/70 3D experience. I'm use to a very small theater in my town so even seeing this or Prometheus in Liemax would be better than I am use to.

I'll probably make the trip regardless.

3D?

3D?!!?!?!?!?

NO.

DMczaf

On this weeks podcast of Keepin' It Reel at IGN:

Stax mentioned that he did a set visit for TDKR. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to run it yet because of an embargo. But he said they knew there about the goggles/ears. He also said they were shown a great photo of Catwoman that WB NEEDS to release. So great that it should've been her reveal photo and not the one of her on the batpod. Because it had everyone saying now "that's Catwoman!"

I can't wait for the set visit reports that read like glorified press releases!

DMczaf

"All in all, I would say this was one of the best set visits I've been on in the last 2 weeks and I hope WB continues to give me free travel, food, and hotel rooms for years to come."

I really hope this movie turns out good. Because I just know the internet is waiting to turn on Nolan...just like they turned on Raimi after Spiderman 3.

I really hope this movie turns out good. Because I just know the internet is waiting to turn on Nolan...just like they turned on Raimi after Spiderman 3.
Oh I'm sure it will get vocal haters regardless of how good the movie may be, if it's somehow just... "ok", then some will probably call it one of the worst movies they've seen. Internet forums love to be dramatic.

There are still some rational people out there who like the first two spiderman films plenty.

Oh and the Saturday Night Fever emo-Parker was great. Everything else about that film sucked though.

Laugh at me for this: I initially assumed TDKR would be the franchise's Spiderman 3 because of all the stuff they're throwing into it but I'm probably dead wrong on that now.

Tookay

I think this movie's going to be divisive, because it's going to be very different tonally from the last one. That might put some people off who were merely expecting it to be a Heat-style crime caper like TDK. But we'll see.

... I have no doubt it's going to be good though.

Mington

quite interesting

Was chatting to my friends new girlfriend and her brother is a stuntman who worked on dark knight rises, actually got to wear one of the 8 $300,000 batman suits and fight against Bane (albeit another stuntman dressed as bane) He's show reel well impressive.

http://bobbyhollandhanton.co.uk/

Where would people rank this movie on their list of got to watch movies of the summer. Give any reasons if you think they are relevent.

For me it would be:

Prometheus
The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Spider Man

I love sci fi movies and Prometheus looks very interesting and I'm excited to see what was up with all those weird things in the trailer. The Dark Knight Rises is second because, even though I love the series and would do anything to see it early, the trailer didn't overly hype me up for it, I want a new trailer to get me pumped.

Where would people rank this movie on their list of got to watch movies of the summer. Give any reasons if you think they are relevent.

For me it would be:

Prometheus
The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Spider Man

I love sci fi movies and Prometheus looks very interesting and I'm excited to see what was up with all those weird things in the trailer. The Dark Knight Rises is second because, even though I love the series and would do anything to see it early, the trailer didn't overly hype me up for it, I want a new trailer to get me pumped.

Batman
Prometheus
Avengers
Spider-Man
GI Joe

Reasons: I feel TDKR will deliver on almost every level. I think catwoman is the weakest part,based on the trailer/stills. I just dont "buy" her as catwoman(i love Anne though). But I trust in Nolan and his casting has been spot on, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I am super hyped for Prometheus, but given Ridley's recent track record, I am cautious. Still hyped enough for to list it as my second most looked forward to movie of the summer. Now Avengers, I have not hated any Marvel film yet, and the combination of all these heroes into one crazy ass movie would make a 13 year old me cream his pants. Spider-Man is on this list because the trailer has gotten me pretty excited, I really like the leads, and I like the more serious tone of the film, along with the spiderman quips. I am looking forward to GI Joe because of two things:1. The Rock and Bruce Willis in a GI Joe movie, fuck yeah! 2. I actually enjoyed the first and hopefully this is even better.

Gila

quite interesting

Was chatting to my friends new girlfriend and her brother is a stuntman who worked on dark knight rises, actually got to wear one of the 8 $300,000 batman suits and fight against Bane (albeit another stuntman dressed as bane) He's show reel well impressive.

http://bobbyhollandhanton.co.uk/

Wow that's quite a list. I was laughing at the inception music in the video, but at least he did have inception in it

effzee

Oh I'm sure it will get vocal haters regardless of how good the movie may be, if it's somehow just... "ok", then some will probably call it one of the worst movies they've seen. Internet forums love to be dramatic.

True. We still have debates between BB and TDK. The styles were pretty different between those two and depending on which direction this one goes there will be more debate. Then there are those who will somehow find one critic or complain and go on and on about it as if it ruins the movie even though the movie might get universal critical praise.

Gila

Bane's confidence walking up the stairs

ibfjiVWh7DRwhp.gif

I never understood how Batman could just stand there waiting for Bane, he looks so vulnerable for some random guy to attack from the back. Maybe he truly is minding his surroundings or maybe Bane just commanded no one to touch but him

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Almost 4 months and still no proper trailer.
I guess they're waiting to release it with the Avengers.
Avengers had 3 or so exceptional trailers and the hype for it is exceptionally high at the moment. I thought WB would step up, but I guess not.

How do you guys think TDKR will be received?
Will it do great financially, and be worse than TDK?
Or will it not be as financially successful as TDK but as good as or better than Batman Begins.

Personally am hoping for the latter.

It'll be a fantastic movie that is a financial success.

That's pretty much guaranteed. Previous two films were fantastic... and were successful financially. This is the third of the trilogy and they're going all out. They've got nothing to lose really, in terms of creativity.

Dany

Banned
I was off the grid when dark knight came out. Had no idea when I came back of all the records it shattered.

I don't think Rises will surpass Dark Knight but I dunno.

Sean

Banned
Just posted on Nolan Fans, not sure how much credibility they have.

A trusted source has confirmed with us that the third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises will be attached to Marvel’s The Avengers on May 4th. 2D and 3D conventional screenings, as well as 2D and 3D IMAX screenings will be playing the trailer.

More to come…

edit: beaten, looks like its official then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom