• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - Reveal Trailer

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks good, I'm excited. I'm one of the few people who seemed to actually enjoy the last game.

bitbydeath

I still need to play through ‘The Man of Medan’ shame these titles don’t reach the quality of Until Dawn.

Dthomp

Can't wait, didn't enjoy MoM as much as Until Dawn but still had fun even if I didn't care much for the story and setting. This one seems to have a much better chance of being slightly scary if it pans out.

Really hope they fix the visuals for when you make choices so you can see the heart/brain choices easier. I am afraid to go back and get the platinum on the 1st one because it is so hard to see them and other players have a difficult time as well. Once you make a wrong choice, depending on your last manual save. You are screwed...

Collin

Banned
Will most likely check this out. Until Dawn rules! I first played it with a large group of friends over two long nights around Halloween 2015 - extremely fond memories of that experience.

Man of Medan was decent, easily a step below Until Dawn (like I would be shocked if anyone preferred it to Until Dawn) but it was good enough spooky time with buddies.

Jesb

I am currently playing the first and I’m enjoying it so far. It’s not as good as UD but it’s pretty decent. Seeing what this developer is doing with horror though I think they’d do good in film writing horror movies.

InertKiwi

Hmm looks dope! I've enjoyed the last two stories, looking forward to this. Hopefully the controls don't screw me over like in the last one.

Jbomb19

I loved Until Dawn and enjoyed Man of Medan well enough. But I'm excited for Little Hope because I read an article where the developers talked about how they heard the criticisms people had for Man of Medan (a lot of which I agreed with) and were able to make adjustments. I just pre-ordered this, can't wait!

D.Final

Banned
I loved Until Dawn and enjoyed Man of Medan well enough. But I'm excited for Little Hope because I read an article where the developers talked about how they heard the criticisms people had for Man of Medan (a lot of which I agreed with) and were able to make adjustments. I just pre-ordered this, can't wait!

I'm actually start to asking me if there's actually a major big plan's for this series, like Life is Strange.
Or there are simply just single stories.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Delayed til fall? NOOO

Although it will definitely make a great Halloween game.

Jbomb19

Well at least it’s a few month delay instead of a year. I can live with that since there are so many amazing games coming out this summer

TimFL

I sincerely hope they fix the don‘t breathe sections... they‘re almost impossible for me on my current TV setup (I assume input lag?). I vastly preferred the don‘t move sections from UD.

Why bother with an accessibility settings section when the vast majority of fail states are caused by something there is no accessibility setting for...

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Man of Medan. The criticism I had was the predictable story and some of the QTE's. Really looking forward to Little Hope sine the story is more super-natural.

Humdinger

I had forgotten about Man of Medan. I'll have to check that out at some point. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Until Dawn (I rarely get into "horror" games). I know Man of Medan isn't as good as Until Dawn, but there are very few of these types of games being made, so I want to give it a try. I didn't want to pay full price for Man of Medan, based on what I heard, but I imagine the price has dropped by now.

Dthomp

I'll have to wait to watch any of these vids, October 30th can't come soon enough. Really hoping they can set up a vibe closer to Until Dawn then we got with Man of Medan. Either way, they are getting my money

Fuz

Banned
I have little hope for this game.

clown-car-balloons-happy-man-laugh-circus.jpg

Humdinger

I tried the Man of Medan demo, and I didn't like the characters or the setup, so I passed on getting the full game. We'll see if I feel differently about this one.

I really liked "until dawn", then came "Man of Medan" which was rather mediocre and now they`ve got a new chance with my with "Little Hope".
I love playing those kinds of games with the non-gamer wife.

Dthomp

I tried the Man of Medan demo, and I didn't like the characters or the setup, so I passed on getting the full game. We'll see if I feel differently about this one.

Did you play Until Dawn by chance? One of my favs so MoM was already going to struggle to grip me the same way, but you are right about MoM. The characters were just kind of unlikable, and not unlikable like the UD ones for their attitudes and behaviors, they were just not good at putting together a story that was gripping being told this way. I think the premise for MoM could have been a really solid survival horror style game, but it was beyond obvious what had happened and that comes too early for the rest of the game to not be a snoozefest.

Little Hope for the bit I've watched early on should be a better setting this go at it. Can do some real spooky shit and have some jump scares that are atmospheric versus just stuff popping up on the screen to try to make you jump.

Humdinger

Did you play Until Dawn by chance? One of my favs so MoM was already going to struggle to grip me the same way, but you are right about MoM. The characters were just kind of unlikable, and not unlikable like the UD ones for their attitudes and behaviors, they were just not good at putting together a story that was gripping being told this way. I think the premise for MoM could have been a really solid survival horror style game, but it was beyond obvious what had happened and that comes too early for the rest of the game to not be a snoozefest.

Little Hope for the bit I've watched early on should be a better setting this go at it. Can do some real spooky shit and have some jump scares that are atmospheric versus just stuff popping up on the screen to try to make you jump.

I did play Until Dawn and enjoyed it a lot. It was a real surprise to me, because I don't normally enjoy horror games.

The story and characters in Little Hope sound more interesting than in Man of Medan. From what I can tell from the trailer, the story seems to take place in two different time periods, 17th century and modern. It includes themes of mediumship, witch-hunting, and reincarnation. That's pretty interesting ground to cover. The characters also seem more interesting -- the alcoholic dad, the dynamic with the angry wife, and the neglected, gifted child.

I'm more interested in this one.

Top Bottom