• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC Digital on August 30, 2019.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been waiting for this for a while now, thanks for the heads up!

DanielsM

Banned
Visually, I think Days Gone using UE looks better in most areas than HZD using Decima, but man, Until Dawn looked way more impressive using Decima over UE here. The visuals are what kind of suck you into Until Dawn to a degree.

prag16

Banned
So these are 'budget' releases. Have they outlined anything else from this 'anthology' or any kind of timeframe? With the $30 price point I'd guess we can assume this will be much shorter than Until Dawn. Hopefully it's beefier than their last game Hidden Agenda (gross phone/tablet controls aside, it was interesting, but there wasn't much content there; also a budget price point).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Must be Tool fans.

wipeout364

I always thought supermassive was a Sony joint for some reason. I really liked until dawn , will definitely check this out.

prag16

Banned

This concept was in their last game, Hidden Agenda. It worked well there, cool that they're bringing that forward to this project. I recommend Hidden Agenda by the way. Shorter game than Until Dawn, but the QTE bullshit didn't feel as obtrusive. The two major drawbacks were that you basically had to start the game from scratch to see other outcomes (though at around 2 hour runtime that wasn't the WORST thing I guess, but to see all the various outcomes and endings without resorting to youtube would be pretty laborious), and it required that stupid playlink smartphone control scheme.

Yes! 2 horror games in august. Blair Witch and this. Is blair witch getting a physical release? Why is Man of Medan only 30 bucks?

Don't like the fact it's only $30, sounds budget 😏 but probably a short ride SP like 5hrs or somethin....buuut, I never doubt these dudes and talent behind after a game with hawt mama Hayden Panettiere🔥 (don't remember the name goes along the lines of"dawn" ?..day one for me from these guys 💪

JimiNutz

Banned
The movie night co-op mode was a really good idea.

Hopefully this is decent because my hareem of hot concubines will enjoy playing this with me before we plough.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay away from watching any more videos. I went into Until Dawn nearly blind, having only seen one of the first trailers and reading a couple reviews and I'm glad I did.

From the couple trailers I've seen, this looks awesome., hopefully the PC version comes out good - one of my only issues with Until Dawn was the sometimes crappy performance on the base PS4.

Finished it two days ago, the game is not something i would really recommend. Really small, the facial animations are bad, acting really bad and the story not really interesting.

If i'm not mistaken i finished it in about 4.30 hours.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Finished it two days ago, the game is not something i would really recommend. Really small, the facial animations are bad, acting really bad and the story not really interesting.

If i'm not mistaken i finished it in about 4.30 hours.

That is disappointing.
Hopefully the multiplayer aspects will breathe some life into it.

That is disappointing.
Hopefully the multiplayer aspects will breathe some life into it.

I haven't tried the modes for multiplayer. One of the modes is about playing the game online with one of your friends and none of them have the game yet and the other mode is called movie night and it's about playing it with friends locally but, after i finished it with my GF (the play alone mode) we didn't really wanted to play it anymore.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's way shorter. It doesn't even feel like a AAA game. It feels like a low budget effort from a small dev team, it's sad when you think that the same developer made Until Dawn.

And this my friends is the difference between having 1st party money and talent behind you.

damn...almost feeling Until Dawn was a bluff

It wasn't a bluff. It was Sony's money and resources that made the game that good. Without Sony, they are an average developer.

xrnzaaas

Damn, early impressions are not good, it seems that everything's taken a huge hit, not just the length of the game (compared to Until Dawn).

Worst thing in the game are the facial animations. This specific character is almost always in duck face phase.

RPHpYr2.jpg

Last edited:

mejin

It wasn't a bluff. It was Sony's money and resources that made the game that good. Without Sony, they are an average developer.

I mean we know they can't use Decima Engine anymore and won't have the support from Sony WWS at all, but they seem to be unable to get an interesting story and characters since then. That's what I'm really sad about.

bosnianpie

I really enjoyed Until Dawn and think the game deserved more recognition for bringing something new to the table. I'm however not sold on this anthology concept which seems to focus on several smaller experiences rather than one big. Supermassive proved they are good enough to make a $60 game and this feels like a way to spread the risk instead of making one game worth remembering.

And this my friends is the difference between having 1st party money and talent behind you.

Damn, early impressions are not good, it seems that everything's taken a huge hit, not just the length of the game (compared to Until Dawn).

@#$% that then!! Legit canceling pre-order was about to ship..what a disappointment, Untill Dawn was fire. No joke tho, Sonys gone and they're just an average developer 😩

PS: "Your order has been cancelled successfully" 👊

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I ordered it from my library, I will do the coop mode with anyone as soon as it gets here.

It seems like a game I’m going to like regardless of what the reviews say. We will see again in a week or so, when I get to actually play it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’ve been enjoying Pewdiepie playing through this. I’ve heard about the length issues, and have a few of my own issues from watching, but mostly, I’ve had a fun time.

Something that helps me come to terms with the flaws, is that this will be an anthology pumping out games every six months. 1: That’s a really cool concept for gaming, 2: Things like game length aren’t as big a deal when there’s another one right around the corner.

I’m looking forward to seeing this series play out. Maybe not indefinitely, in lieu of larger Until Dawn type games, but it’s definitely got me intrigued for a few.

Top Bottom