• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dekavita 7 - Turn your PSTV into a Vita

TomShoe

Banned
From inside-games.jp (Translated)
Game Tech, has begun the Pre-Order of the PS Vita TV dedicated monitor integrated controller "DEKAVITA7". "DEKAVITA7" is a monitor integrated controller that can be used by simply setting the PSVita TV on the back. Monitor size is 7 inches (PS Vita 5 inches), enabling continuous play of up to 5 hours. Because it is a monitor that can be connected to an HDMI input and USB controller, it can also be used as an external monitor and controller of the PS3. Pre-Order are being accepted at the official site. If ordered now, it can be purchased for 19,800 yen (excluding tax).

Specs and other info:

DEKAVITA7 (Dekabita Seven)
Compatible models: PSVitaTV
Monitor: IPS LCD
Monitor size: 7 inches
Display size: about 154.2mm (H) × about 85.9Mm (V)
Monitor resolution: 1024 × 600
Dot pitch : 0.15 mm
Viewing angle: left and right: 175 ° up and down: 175 °
Pre-Order Period: November 11 from 12:00 November 30 11:59 p.m.
Sale time: Scheduled for 2015 Spring
Price: - Normal price (tentative): 23,000 yen (~$199) - Pre Special Price: 19,800 yen (~173)

Pictures:

528512.jpg
528508.jpg

528513.jpg
528511.jpg

More information at Game Tech's official website.
Retrofit me if old.

It's a portable vita tv. Just like the vita except it has a HDMI out. Maybe that HDMI out might be worth it for some folks. Certainly not worth it to me, though. But who am I to think for someone else?

Takao

Banned
It's a portable vita tv. Just like the vita except it has a HDMI out. Maybe that HDMI out might be worth it for some folks. Certainly not worth it to me, though. But who am I to think for someone else?

Not really. There's plenty of Vita games that aren't compatible with PSTV and therefore this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Might as well buy Vita, not only cheaper than this, you can also play some vita only game.
Probably buy PS+ as well for cross save, or just use content manager...

bobawesome

This is so ridiculous that I can't help but to be awestruck by it. I'll take eight.

Whoops, bumped the wrong thread.

Odrion

Banned
I thought this was going to be something about a mod that lets you play all Vita games on the Playstation TV. ;_;

autoduelist

Why would anyone want a bigger Vita? That thing is gigantic as it is.

I would buy a 7 inch vita in a heartbeat to replace my lovely oled vita. I play it at home, and I like big screens. If I had the disposable income, I'd buy this.

It's also potentially awesome for remote play. Would prefer a Sony version built for the purpose over this, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So it's a Vita, but more expensive, ridicilously huge and without the touch panel?

Good the rear touch panel has got to be one of the largest dumbfuck inventions Sony has ever come out with. The unit has L2 / R2 triggers which by far beats out a rear touch panel. Sides if it is functioning as a Vita TV then there would be no functionality for such games that would need a rear touch panel anyways so its pointless trying to bring it up.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You can now pre-order it and watch videos of it running (with a PSTV and PS3) here.

No you cant preorder it since if you could read Japanese you would see that at the bottom it says preorders are closed. Hell even the English page says that.

yejcpMD.png

UCBooties

Sure, I want it. I can't articulate why though. I have a Vita TV and a Vita so I guess I just want the L2/R2 functionality...

That way my wife and I could both play games portably using the one account so that has some appeal.

I'm sure I will never get one though. The cost in prohibitive and I'm sure it has ZERO chance of being sold in the West. My tepid desire for it does not extend to the hassle and expense of importing it.

It's still neat though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly this is what Vita should have been since the beginning imo(well with a better design lol), a handheld that could have been used as a home console(the PSP had a tv out after all, why not Vita? :mad: )

DualX

Is this still a thing you can order to the US? Been trying to do so through my phone, but the mobile site doesn't want to cooperate. I've been the switch quite a bit and would love to have a bigger vita device.

lestar

at first I thought it was a benheck DIY project, but then I lol'd. This abomination can not be real and official

OmegaZero

No touch screen, less battery life then a 2000 and limited to PSTV compatability. No wonder I haven't heard of this until now.

Top Bottom