• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The delays thread |OT| We're sorry to tell you that this thread will be delayed to next year

.Pennywise

Banned
In the last generation one of the most common practices in the industry was to constantly delay the release date of video games. This gen doesn't seem to be the exception.

So this thread is to share and talk about all the major delays games could (AND CERTAINLY WILL) get throughout the gen, its release date announcement and its final launch.

We'll kick things off with the first major delay of 2021:

EroI55TVQAAHBVr

Now you can start posting Miyamoto's quotes that were relevant 20 years ago but they aren't in this day and age but we keep posting anyway.

Also, let's try to guess what phrases will the companies use when announcing delays:

1. We're sorry to tell you...
  2. We want to thanks all our fans...
  3. We want our fans to have the best experience possible...
  4. We're in the stage of ironing out bugs...
  5. We want to polish our game to be up to the fans standards...
  6. We need to make our poor coding monkeys to crunch way more so we can get our billionaire CEO checks this year.
You can continue the list.

8) So you're probably wondering how I got into this situation.

I'm not too fussed about the upcoming delays, as long as I get full versions of Solasta: Crown of the Magister and Baldur's Gate 3, Humankind, Mass Effect: LE, Deathloop and Kena. Elden Ring would be an icing on the cake though.

Reactions: MrS

itzyeboi

Neo Member
In the last generation one of the most common practices in the industry was to constantly delay the release date of video games. This gen doesn't seem to be the exception.

So this thread is to share and talk about all the major delays games could (AND CERTAINLY WILL) get throughout the gen, its release date announcement and its final launch.

EroI55TVQAAHBVr

Now you can start posting Miyamoto's quotes that were relevant 20 years ago but they aren't in this day and age but we keep posting anyway.

Also, let's try to guess what phrases will the companies use when announcing delays:

6. We need to make our poor coding monkeys to crunch way more so we can get our billionaire CEO checks this year.
Q

EroI55TVQAAHBVr

2nd delay because outriders got delayed to April 1st last week

cormack12

Gold Member
Skull and Bones pushed back to 2022

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They did not announce a horizon delay right? I think I recall some early info that it was going to be a summer game but that ratchet now and horizon is def after ratchet

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I have a feeling Far Cry 6 will be getting delayed into 2022. Haven't seen a lot of that and it's supposed to be out in two months!

Top Bottom