• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

The Devil Inside has a shitty ending (Warning: Spoiler inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariah Carey

Mar 14, 2007
So yeah, if you were even thinking about spending eight bucks or whatever to see this bleakosity, save your money. I hear audiences are booing out loud at this.

Edit: It abruptly ends with text telling you to visit a URL for more footage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Feb 14, 2009
So, what is the URL OP?

WillyFive

Sep 17, 2009
Yikes. It's like another No Country for Old Men, except without any ridiculous story 'justification' for it.

SpacLock

Sep 10, 2006
Minneapolis and Michigan
Maybe you should read reviews before seeing a movie...

"The Devil Inside is a cheap, choppy unscary mess, featuring one of the worst endings in recent memory."

That's at the top of RT.

Centurion

Banned
Nov 6, 2010
"you wanna watch the last 10 minutes of the movie?"

"go to shittygimmicks.com"

bitches love gimmicks

brought to you by, tide fabric softener.

May 16, 2011
Wait what. Well that takes some balls.

Maybe you should read reviews before seeing a movie...

"The Devil Inside is a cheap, choppy unscary mess, featuring one of the worst endings in recent memory."

That's at the top of RT.
Shitty ending is one thing, a link telling you to finish the movie somewhere else is another level entirely.

Ravager61

Aug 13, 2006
Part of me thinks its a cool idea but its also the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Fuck that.

edit: Also, anyone comparing this to the end of Old Country for Old Men is an idiot.

filler

Banned
May 20, 2011
This may go down as one of the greatest trolls of all time. The url should lead to a rickroll.

May 6, 2008
Movie wasn't screened for critics. That's really all you need to know.
Not entirely true, they didn't screen a bunch of great 1980s action films for critics and other schlocky fun. It most means they don't expect critics to like it or the movie isn't a genre or type that needs "critical praise" so why waste the money.

Dec 30, 2006
Upon further reflection, this isn't really any worse than the latest trend in films that don't have proper conclusions because they are being marketed as parts of a "saga" or "trilogy."

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
ZOMG SPOILERS !!!1!1!

Bob White

Jun 8, 2004
Knew the movie was a joke when the crazy mom started to sing itsy bitsy spider in the trailer. Fucking cliche bullshit.

Dec 30, 2006
Are you trying to say they should have had Samuel L Jackson turn up at the end and hold up the URL on a strip of card?
I haven't seen the film, but that probably would make it better.

Especially if he just started laughing himself into a coughing fit while the credits played, no music.

TangMeng

Mar 7, 2009
The worst part is that it's overperforming and will make more than $20 million this weekend.

SolKane

May 25, 2006
I was pretty confused about this title because I interpreted "text" as text message at first. That might actually be kind of cool for a horror movie to do.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oct 22, 2006
Epic fucking troll. Money will be made. Bitches will be fucked. Filmmakers will laugh to the bank like jolly fools. yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I was pretty confused about this title because I interpreted "text" as text message at first. That might actually be kind of cool for a horror movie to do.
That would be awesome. Everyone in the theater rings at once and DIES. Epic.

Jun 14, 2010
I just spent 10 minutes googling on how it may be possible to send text messages to everyone with a phone within a certain area...god fucking damnit, I should really read these titles right.

Status
Not open for further replies.