• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The direct-feed GameCube screenshot thread (56k and spoiler warning)

Eteric Rice said:
Ganon's character model is probably the most impressive character model I've seen last gen. :O

It's my favorite character model ever. He looks absolutely incredible and he better be in Brawl looking like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ganon's character model is probably the most impressive character model I've seen last gen. :O

I just HAD to do it. :p

6o4sjed.png

sh3_screen006.jpg

Douglas >>> Ganon

I actually love the design of Ganon in TP
:D

Cruzader

Banned
Guys not to be an ass but all these games look way better then current Wii games...I got to admit, GC kicked ass graphically but never got taken advantage of like ps2 which sucks.

I love this game. Unfortunately, screenshots don't do the graphics any justice.
I would have taken some screenshots of Navi Trackers/Tetra's Trackers, but GCNrd times out anytime I start it up. So unless there will be a new release of the program (which I highly doubt), only capture card shots of that game are possible. And I don't have one anymore.
And I'd like to take a shot of Gufuh/Vaati and Ganon, but the last level is so damn long...

7yhhgy0.png

8au4suv.png

7wonxxu.png

6oe9c34.png

7xayd1t.png

80o3ww7.png

6jb3v3r.png

8gg955j.png

6xpzlvd.png

6s8l18p.png

6oeuopc.png

6z42t6u.png

81zpv7o.png

7wprzup.png

72r3y1s.png

8bf36sg.png

<3 this thread.

i may have to dust off the old gamecube and see if i can't get this software working. i believe i have all the required hardware.

if i can, i'll contribute with some beyond good and evil, killer 7, mario kart double dash and others if they work with it.

[Nintex]

plagiarize said:
<3 this thread.

i may have to dust off the old gamecube and see if i can't get this software working. i believe i have all the required hardware.

if i can, i'll contribute with some beyond good and evil, killer 7, mario kart double dash and others if they work with it.
Awesome :D

donny2112

plagiarize said:
i believe i have all the required hardware.

PSO Ep 1&2 (not Plus)
Broadband Adapter
Crossover cable (for connecting directly to your computer) or Ethernet cable (for connecting to a router)

Then it's just a matter of downloading the PSOload and GCNrd software.

donny2112

AlphaTwo00 said:
Any other possible legal ways? Finding PSO 1&2 is kinda hard these days.

I've read about the SD Card adapter (also hard to find) being in there somewhere, but that may have been as a replacement to the BBA. I bought a used copy of PSO 1&2 just for GCNrd a few years ago, so I haven't really kept up on any other possible methods. Sorry.

ghibli99

Prime Blue said:
I loved moments in SMS like this, where you could practically smell the ocean air. Thanks for posting these. The game, except for the NPCs (which have sucked since day one), still looks really nice.

The Resi character models are fantastic. I believe they'd still hold up well in a 360 or PS3 game with very little alterations.

master15

Eternal Darkness really was a mixed bag to say the least. A few character models looked great- Pious in particular, but some of the skinning on various characters looked rather off.

I will say the chapter introductions and voice-acting were pretty stand-out, some of the best of last generation.

Anyone that can put up some decent shots of Bluestorm will be my personnel hero.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Baton of Wind

Biiiiig bump.
I've decided to do a a playthrough after five years of virtual abstinence (completing the figure gallery was a lot of work and kind of turning me off).

2el6zjm.png

23ii79k.png

rtlzl5.png

14943a0.png

20h20q9.png

153bamq.png

2h4yhah.png

v2wsxe.png

ajxngo.png

10ekhmq.png

152kwv5.png

a4544n.png

s3h74y.png

210mt6r.png

23uqwz8.png

30ws22g.png

jzzb4h.png

6oosw4.png

vrcz82.png

21kartg.png

fvi5ia.png

wio5mp.png

2eof7eg.png

28c2clc.png

vxg4kj.png

2mxgx6o.png

v3kkxw.png

24qmq14.png

2a4u8ie.png

28unw2x.png

ejxx8z.png

25q524h.png

10hmtjo.png

v7te6a.png

wbxr87.png

x3so7b.png

2d8idf6.png

160c3rp.png

2s9yuqw.png

2yjohg8.png

28i92eo.png

jv2bzk.png

2njd6k6.png

11ipixy.png

15h5xf.png

34q2owj.png

zo6br5.png

mb7keh.png

fubasp.png

67qgix.png

r1cs2t.png

vewt4g.png

qywzyf.png

35jjmm9.png

317769v.png

13z08x.png

dww4n9.png

x6sdy.png

nps6km.png

qp2l47.png

2ylvcw3.png

2cqky6r.png

28bfx9s.png

2epk593.png

155oqqh.png

2i2s1j.png

2wddd1w.png

idccvl.png

35bxdft.png

2aaa3no.png

1828u8.png

htvjlt.png

2ymvd78.png

2us8sci.png

m9rolc.png

2mo5gfr.png

bg8xa9.png

w1wevt.png

6ifm1d.png

2rnzmza.png

n2inw5.png

2uemgj4.png

op8e80.png

2cqffj4.png

f0nr5d.png

a1jqmb.png

9i7q01.png

553wj6.png

64qzgl.png

5y98j.png

So, TinyPic destroyed now. Mission accomplished.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wind Waker remains stunning to this day! It looks so much nicer than the muddy Twilight Princess...

Haunted

Wind Waker still looks amazing.

Also, wtf, Eternal Darkess looks much worse than I remembered.

dark10x said:
Wind Waker remains stunning to this day! It looks so much nicer than the muddy Twilight Princess...
oh, you. Just had to do that, didn't you? :mad:

:lol

okay that's it..... I'm not buying any more video games. My backlog is just getting out of control. To think that I have this baby sitting at home (and at least 20 other great games) and have for at least 6 months and haven't even cracked the case open? FOR SHAME, STRAYDOG.

FOR SHAME

batbeg

I still can't think of a single game that's more beautiful than Wind Waker. All of next-gen should be ashamed of themselves.

And I'm no good with GIFs, but I have to thank you for giving me the opportunity to make this:

http://i31.tinypic.com/9j3rf7.gif

...Definitely need to add the other frames to it though :lol

Edit: Much better :)

1ijus7.gif

Oh man, GCN (And by extension Wii) games look so much better in motion than in screenshots it's not even funny. Direct feed shots are not kind to these games, the dithering and the aliasing really do rear their ugly heads in these shots :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, Four Swords look really nice. I wish Nintendo would do a REAL console 2D Zelda with that engine.

master15

Prime Blue said:
I've decided to do a a playthrough after five years of virtual abstinence (completing the figure gallery was a lot of work and kind of turning me off).

Thanks for these new screens. The very fact you could only complete and get made one figure at a time made absolutely destoyed any motivation I had with the feature. Unfortuntely it was one of many elements Nintendo tried artifically increasing the length with the game :(

Apart from one specific fairy island somwhere in the overworld, that was probably one of my favourite scenes in the game. Graphically it was astounding seeing the ash particles blowing around the enterance of the dungeon. When I first got to the top of the platform I just stood there, and mistook Link's idle animation for some sort of eye-tracking technology, where he followed the direction of the wind/ash particles :lol

dark10x said:
Yeah
Princess Skittles said:
I love Wind Waker's graphics more than anything.

Nintendo, you gave all the Ocarina fanboys their remake, NOW DO THIS ON THE WII.
yeah
PolyGone said:
idccvl.png

this shot encapsulates the whole Zelda experience for me
and yeah!

WindWaker was sooo awesome. The style was so great. I really want a sequel. A good sequel, not such a game like phantom hour glass.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Every time I wanted to find a good Wind Waker screenshot, Google had let me down.
No longer am I empty handed thanks to you! Bravo!

eznark

Banned
Wind Waker and 4 swords are the only Zelda games I haven't played (skipped the Cube). I just got WW from Goozex today and holy shit, I am so stoked that my girlfriend is out of town next weekend and I can just blow through it.

Amazing looking game.

Stuneseht

With all those Windwaker Screenshots, I felt like I just played the game:lol .
Can we all agree that cell shading is age proof?

ivysaur12

Banned
Can we please get another WW game on the Wii? Maybe... WWii?
Yeah, not funny.

But seriously, WW looks better than 90% of the Wii games out there :-\

Redd

ivysaur12 said:
Can we please get another WW game on the Wii? Maybe... WWii?
Yeah, not funny.

But seriously, WW looks better than 90% of the Wii games out there :-\

Sad but true. Seeing those pics make me want to play the Wind Waker again on my Wii.

Sharp

Those Sunshine screenshots aren't all that flattering, but the Prime and Wind Waker ones are excellent.

Redd said:
Sad but true. Seeing those pics make me want to play the Wind Waker again on my Wii.
I wanted to do a "GAF plays..." thread at first, but I don't like to be pressed for time when it comes to daily screenshot updates...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wind Waker holds up pretty well even compared to next gen games. It's really too bad the latter half of the game was the worst second half in Zelda gaming.

Every Wii game should look atleast as good as TWW, it's too bad developers don't put much effort on Wii games.

And I also agree that GC>PS2+Xbox in graphics.

LCGeek

formerly sane
GSG Flash said:
Wind Waker holds up pretty well even compared to next gen games. It's really too bad the latter half of the game was the worst second half in Zelda gaming.

Every Wii game should look atleast as good as TWW, it's too bad developers don't put much effort on Wii games.

And I also agree that GC>PS2+Xbox in graphics.

WW is awesome when you considering lighting animation respects and the cell shading hid the crap textures from the lack of ram and discspace. It's great but RE4, TP, M2, RS still all employ better aspects of rendering techniques to me when it comes to effects or usage of the tev for shader effects.

As for the graphics comment I disagree. There are far too many elements of games when it comes to graphics to generalize what you and too many on the web do on the subject. GC and PS2 were owned by xbox when you look at how it's hardware shaders aided games. PS2 actually can do things for games the other two can't so easily for example stuff in okami. GC well as I usually say RS pound for pound kills most other games because of what's doing all at once. Unless you get specific about what is better of said architecture is better at specific elements there's no reason to compare. It's like comparing GT4 to Fzero gx basically once you get that far. I only compare things that from developer intent are aiming at the same say forza to gt or madden to 2k anything else...

Prime Blue said:
Spruced up N64 look FTL. Game hot, graphics not.

The Charlemagne and the four ritual chamber shots were brightened.

lol, for a moment there I thought you were talking about Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

edit: And why the tantalizing shots of Beyond Good and Evil... :(
I want to play it, but the Gamecube version costs an arm and a leg (unless I could find it used at a Gamestop), and the Xbox version is incompatible with the Xbox 360.
Microsoft, if you're reading this, please add Beyond Good and Evil to the next Xbox 360 backwards compatibility update, if there will be one.
I know Microsoft isn't reading this

Top Bottom