• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The discussion on ps5 recently makes me believe that Sony fans are not happy with PS5 GPU but they are not honest about.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
tenor.gif

Is the entire NeoGAF high on graphics now.....This getting worse than System Wars section in Gamespot forms.

Yeah it’s getting worse and worse from both sides .. Some didn’t except that this is what you get eventually and all of this tech talk won’t matter at the end , because when the time comes and you finally hold the controller of your beloved console.. everything will leave that mind of yours and one thing will control that brain .. FUN

I won’t be thinking of any of you when I get my console .. let that console be powerful and let that exclusives games go to another platform WHO FUCKING CARES ?

thank you and have a nice day

Raonak

Banned
Lol wut.

Bruh we're moving from 1.8 tf baseline to 10 tf. That's fucking massive.

Couldn't really give less of a fuck about nvidia, because there's not gonna gonna be any 3000 series exclusives so what does it matter?

This stuff will never end. Sony fans and Xbox fans are going to argue and fight over stupid shit no matter what. Nobody is really objective when it’s comes down to it and they’ll defend their plastic box to the death.

If Sony had the superior GPU and Xbox had the superior SSD the arguments for why each one is better would be exactly the same just flipped by the exact same people making the arguments now.

Nameless

My main take away from the next gen consoles and 30xx spec reveals is that I hate video game forums and question why I bother.

All-around we're seeing these exciting leaps, and higher ceilings than anyone would have predicted 7 years ago and yet, the first response is console warring and Master Race horseshit.

waxer

Xbox who? The reality is for me 2tf or 100tf. I go with the brand that produces the games I want. If it was Mario I would have switch and wouldn't care if others are more powerful.
Would be cool though. But not a deal breaker.

There is a difference between having fun on a forum and being genuinely upset by small spec numbers. Which isn't very healthy.

Getting up 6am and paddling your kayak 2 miles offshore. Watching the sun rise on a glassy ocean while catching a feed of fish for your family. Makes it really hard to give a shit about what someone on the Internet thinks.

Here's the truth: After Road to PS5 more or less verified many of the Github leaks (as in, confirming Oberon was the PS5 chip and that at some point, it was clocked at 2 GHz by the timestamps Oberon revisions showed), there was a massive shift in discussion away from teraflops to SSD I/O and audio, mainly because it was those areas where it seemed Sony had the advantage over Microsoft.

This is also around the time the fake narratives of "optimized elegance vs. brute force" and "TFs and paper specs don't tell everything (funny that this was only done in relation to the GPUs and not the SSD I/O x3) came into prominence. Because before that, simply on this forum, the only thing we kept seeing at large in the Next-Gen threads were pissing contests over PS5 absolutely needing to be above 12 TF. Even some insiders played into this.

This is despite the fact a few of us, even way back in December of last year (if not earlier) were saying "hey people, teraflops aren't the only thing that matter". That was even with accepting the possibility that on the TF front we entertained the possibility of the two systems being closer than they've actually turned out to be. But that was drowned out by console warrior bullocks. Now many of those same types had only finally moved off from their TF obsession and formed an SSD I/O obsession; just transferred that same energy to a different metric, nothing else changed. So all of the toxicity that was present before simply shifted to another point of discussion.

Vognerful

Yeah it’s getting worse and worse from both sides .. Some didn’t except that this is what you get eventually and all of this tech talk won’t matter at the end , because when the time comes and you finally hold the controller of your beloved console.. everything will leave that mind of yours and one thing will control that brain .. FUN

I won’t be thinking of any of you when I get my console .. let that console be powerful and let that exclusives games go to another platform WHO FUCKING CARES ?

thank you and have a nice day
Enjoy your future console to the extreme and good day to you too.

the : ''At only $700''

for the card alone, to play games that are designed for the console, for the whole lifetime of this card

Is actually the joke.

Whatever you say trigger man. 3070 is cheaper. So will the 3060, which will also be stronger than consoles.

C O P E
O
P
E

Last edited:

Vognerful

This stuff will never end. Sony fans and Xbox fans are going to argue and fight over stupid shit no matter what. Nobody is really objective when it’s comes down to it and they’ll defend their plastic box to the death.

If Sony had the superior GPU and Xbox had the superior SSD the arguments for why each one is better would be exactly the same just flipped by the exact same people making the arguments now.
I Honestly believe that if I has 100% gonna buy the PS5 over XsX, I would have been arguing with exact points.

Vognerful

My main take away from the next gen consoles and 30xx spec reveals is that I hate video game forums and question why I bother.

All-around we're seeing these exciting leaps, and higher ceilings than anyone would have predicted 7 years ago and yet, the first response is console warring and Master Race horseshit.
I am guily of this as well. The only reason I come here is because sometimes this place offer great entertainment . But most of the time, the discussions are extremely toxic and always wonder I come back.

Vognerful

Xbox who? The reality is for me 2tf or 100tf. I go with the brand that produces the games I want. If it was Mario I would have switch and wouldn't care if others are more powerful.
Would be cool though. But not a deal breaker.

There is a difference between having fun on a forum and being genuinely upset by small spec numbers. Which isn't very healthy.

Getting up 6am and paddling your kayak 2 miles offshore. Watching the sun rise on a glassy ocean while catching a feed of fish for your family. Makes it really hard to give a shit about what someone on the Internet thinks.
off topic, but do you actually do Kayak and do you have any tips if someone wants to start it?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

We're in a neverending thunderdome. I can't wait until these boxes get released already... hopefully things will quiet down after that.

Mokus

These desperate threads about Sony's new console are getting really boring.

Wishing that the PS5 should be more powerful because of the Nvidia's 30TF GPU, doesn't translate into "better buy Xbox". At this point it is even more obvious that PS5 + PC combo is the best one.

The whole nvidia presentation showed that cerny philosophy for ps5 was correct . Io plays a big role in performance of the system .

If anything I m more hyped for ps5 now than I was before nvidia presentation.

I was told that io in ps5 only helps for few second load times but as mentioned by nvidia its a game changer

Last edited:
I don’t think PlayStation users are really all that bothered.

The problem at the moment, in my opinion, is that news on the next gen consoles is being slowly drip fed, which is probably no thanks to COVID. As we get closer and closer to the release date, people are obviously highly hyped for anything, and right now we have a few gameplay clips and a spec list to dig our teeth into.

The reality is none of this will really matter (or matter less) when the games start getting shown In their full entirety. Let’s face it, that extra GPU oomph on the Xbox Series X might lead to some better graphical effects, but all in all will not lead to new types of game that are unattainable on the PS5. Both sides will have the same types of games, with what I expect will be minute differences that will be argued on the internet, but the average customer will care less for.

I much prefer to think about exclusives, and for me I love what the PlayStation studios have done. It’s amazing what they have managed to squeeze out of the PS4 for all these years. For something so old now, some of the last exclusive games from this generation have been some of the highlights of the gen for me.

So I’m not worried about the GPU, or really of the main internal specs. I will come to judge both consoles on their games and experiences they’re offering. We have barely even scratched the surface of what we all really want to see from Sony and Microsoft, so I am really looking forward to seeing what both companies bring in September.

BWIGGS

Neo Member
1 year ago I wanted the biggest most floppiest flops possible.. Once we learned in depth about the Haptics, 3D Audio and cutting edge SSD I could care less about the GPU. I also took a hard look at the quality and graphical fidelity being pushed from a 1.84 TB OG PS4 and I cant imagine what kind of quality a 10.3TF Overclocked is going to give us.

Sony is playing Chess

Nameless

I am guily of this as well. The only reason I come here is because sometimes this place offer great entertainment . But most of the time, the discussions are extremely toxic and always wonder I come back.

And to be clear this is a problem with online gaming communities in general. It's been even worse on ERA and Reddit due to the increased traffic.

Jtibh

Banned
Bullshit thread by voostkain.

I dont care but here is my take.
After yesterday its xbox thats in trouble.

If i want to upgrade and own a pc i can get a way more powerful gpu for the same price as xsx. With gamepass available on pc and exclusives released on it day one why need an xbox?

But as a ps5 or switch owner you still have to some degree real or timed exclusives that you may play on pc but a couple years down the road .

So if i have a pc i rather upgrade that instead of getting an xbox as its the exact same thing.
Yet i can always get next to my pc a ps5 or switch to have some diversity with their first party titles. They just compliment eachother.

Last edited:
I have a PC, PS4, and a Switch. Will probably be picking up a launch PS5.
The Switch gets most of my current video game time. I think I'll be ok with what's in the PS5.

I was a bit disappointed with the TF number initially.
Thought Cerny had gone crazy indulging himself with some golden ear tickling, and other hobby projects he crammed into PS5.
Taking a better look on Cerny's presentation showed there was more to it than just TFs.

I'm totally sold on PS5, I know the games will be there... 2020 for PS4 has been insanely good.
I will even prob buy PS5 pro if there ever will be one.

Vognerful

With 114 posts you spend a lot of time on gaf arguing?
Ah you mean with your multitude of accounts you spend a lot of time arguing i see.

Voost. Just quit it. I liked you better when you were pushing stadia
Voost.

I should add this to the option Cards

paranoia-meme.jpg

Vognerful

Console fanboys out themselves a children too poor to afford both consoles and a PC like most working adults can.
I think this is a very big reason why we end up acting that way. console choices decided based on financial reasons but covered with special preferences.

Redlancet

Banned
Here's the truth: After Road to PS5 more or less verified many of the Github leaks (as in, confirming Oberon was the PS5 chip and that at some point, it was clocked at 2 GHz by the timestamps Oberon revisions showed), there was a massive shift in discussion away from teraflops to SSD I/O and audio, mainly because it was those areas where it seemed Sony had the advantage over Microsoft.

This is also around the time the fake narratives of "optimized elegance vs. brute force" and "TFs and paper specs don't tell everything (funny that this was only done in relation to the GPUs and not the SSD I/O x3) came into prominence. Because before that, simply on this forum, the only thing we kept seeing at large in the Next-Gen threads were pissing contests over PS5 absolutely needing to be above 12 TF. Even some insiders played into this.

This is despite the fact a few of us, even way back in December of last year (if not earlier) were saying "hey people, teraflops aren't the only thing that matter". That was even with accepting the possibility that on the TF front we entertained the possibility of the two systems being closer than they've actually turned out to be. But that was drowned out by console warrior bullocks. Now many of those same types had only finally moved off from their TF obsession and formed an SSD I/O obsession; just transferred that same energy to a different metric, nothing else changed. So all of the toxicity that was present before simply shifted to another point of discussion.
Here is the Truth, games

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Xbox series x: microsoft decided to go as the strongest console from next generation. They still couldn't show significant software to demonstrate it's power. Still, you can't deny that on paper it has strength to argue.

PS5: while it's GPU spec is lesser than xbox series X, it still has big punch. However, Sony decided to have significant advantage on their io and SSD.

Prior to nvidia show, there were many comments by gamers who preferred PS5 over XSX that the difference is insignificant and that the higher TF of XSX won't show on games. They also argued that advantages of SSD and io will blow XSX (and pc, mind you) out of the water.

Yet, there were many comments even by hardcore Sony fans that they are waiting for the PS5 "pro" to release with increased GPU performance. Adding to the current meltdown and increased posts that compares the new nvidia cards with PS5, it is very clear to me that from start ps5 fans are not satisfied with the GPU performance and can't wait for Sony to upgrade their spec.

On the other hand , xbox fans have accepted the disadvantage they have o. The ssd part and their biggest complaint is on the exclusive software part (where Sony is hitting it out of the park).

4dmqhx.jpg

The Alien

Banned
Sony vs. Microsoft. The eternal battle.

Perhaps a peace accord is on the horizon as both sides agree that the lead-into this gen has blown stanky asshole.

Vognerful

I sure hope so
Funs and laughs are ok but voost is breaking character in this thread.
So yes i hold him to a certain standard.
This is just lazy from him
You do know that you are throwing this baseless accusation without any evidence?

what is wrong with these crazy boys? any word they don't like and they start foaming about some illuminati conspiracy from "discord", alternative accounts and stupid names?

Jtibh

Banned
I think this is a very big reason why we end up acting that way. console choices decided based on financial reasons but covered with special preferences.
😂😂😂😂😂 i can buy any console any pc all day long.
Fucking woman ran the cadi in the ground now im paying for her pathfinder

No bro. I dont choose based on financials.
I choose based on content.
I dont play on pc cuz i cant handle the frames man. Too fast. Main reason i dont play online .
I just like sp games and story based games.
As an old man i want to enjoy my experience and not patch the drywall every other week.
Would i be 20 years younger 100 percent i would only play on pc

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Xbox series x: microsoft decided to go as the strongest console from next generation. They still couldn't show significant software to demonstrate it's power. Still, you can't deny that on paper it has strength to argue.

PS5: while it's GPU spec is lesser than xbox series X, it still has big punch. However, Sony decided to have significant advantage on their io and SSD.

Prior to nvidia show, there were many comments by gamers who preferred PS5 over XSX that the difference is insignificant and that the higher TF of XSX won't show on games. They also argued that advantages of SSD and io will blow XSX (and pc, mind you) out of the water.

Yet, there were many comments even by hardcore Sony fans that they are waiting for the PS5 "pro" to release with increased GPU performance. Adding to the current meltdown and increased posts that compares the new nvidia cards with PS5, it is very clear to me that from start ps5 fans are not satisfied with the GPU performance and can't wait for Sony to upgrade their spec.

On the other hand , xbox fans have accepted the disadvantage they have o. The ssd part and their biggest complaint is on the exclusive software part (where Sony is hitting it out of the park).

Xbox fans didn't accept it. They tried to downplay the impact of SSDs next gen and now they think it's either on par due to Velocity Architecture or faster.

Fanboy would brag if their console had a 0.3 advantage over the competition, but in reality, a 2TF advantage is not big and it has been proven multiple times. People can't accept this and they want people to think the advantage is significant.

Top Bottom