• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

The Division 2 has died

Strider22

Mar 10, 2015
I think my biggest problem with both Division 2 and Breakpoint, and why my drive to bother playing them has died, is over-saturation with both loot shooters and open world games. I’d like to see Ubi take some of their franchises to a linear, focused design again. Including stuff that has never been anything other than open world, such as Division and Assassin’s Creed. That’s just me though.

Reactions: VertigoOA
Oct 26, 2018
I think my biggest problem with both Division 2 and Breakpoint, and why my drive to bother playing them has died, is over-saturation with both loot shooters and open world games. I’d like to see Ubi take some of their franchises to a linear, focused design again. Including stuff that has never been anything other than open world, such as Division and Assassin’s Creed. That’s just me though.
Every UBI game seems the same.... well, OK... you can exclude Just Dance and RS Siege.

But all their big multi game franchises lately:

- AC
- Farcry
- RS Wildlands/Breakpoint
- Division
- Watch Dogs
- The Crew

It's like almost all their games have this base open world template with shit tons of HUD and icon markers on screen, and they reskin the map. Some are shooters, one's a racer, the other slower paced action games.

I guess they are going for the Bethesda approach of making games big and open world (ES and FO games), and hopefully legions of fans will stick to them for years.

Reactions: VertigoOA

Gp1

Sep 17, 2019
i played a hundred + hours of the first game too, and on top of everything that you guys said. D2 art is awful.
They choose to put the fluorescent green/pink farcry new dawn haze/ink everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

Dane

Jul 16, 2019
How the fuck Fallout 76 manages to still being played that much?

I think most people got for one buck or... The game isn't that bad.

Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

DChosenOne

Aug 25, 2019
Ubi is on a losing streak. I hope the new Watchdogs turns out well.
Good luck with that. The first two Watchdogs stunk.
And from what I've seen of the third installment I expect it to be an even bigger flop than the previous Watchdog games.

Kagey K

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2013
I was really into Division 1 and all jacked for Division 2, but when I started playing it it just felt off. I’m sure someday after lots of patches and content drops I’ll go back to it, but everything just felt like a chore.

Hopefully they decide to continue improving it, instead of just dropping it completely.