• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 is $2.99 on Xbox One (Digital, US only)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

95% off

e5XvHTA.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The rest of this week's deals:

Ichabod

Banned
I missed the Division 1 but picked up Div2 on PC when it was on sale a few weeks ago. I didn't even touch group play until I hit endgame so if you are a lone wolf, don't worry, there's plenty of content to dive into solo.

Now's a great time to jump in, as Episode 3 is due to release this month (free content) and the game's second raid is coming soon thereafter as is their complete loot revamp (think Diablo 3's loot 2.0).

If you like 3rd person shooters and loot, you could do far worse with your money. There's a lot of content here.

VertigoOA

Banned
It’s leaked. New York expansion of lower Manhattan.

didn’t brother with Division 2 but going back to NYC now has my interest. I just don’t want to play that new bloated campaign

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
A few things to consider — Pretty sure this was leaked as coming to GamePass very soon, and also

Rumors of the game going F2P — definitely just rumors at this point, but worth mentioning.

Very rarely will a game go down to $2.99 unless something unusual is about to happen.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
NBA2K19
ads game
Did the game ever go F2P officially? I mean, it should have been from the beginning anyway, as it was just a digital slot machine, basically.

That being said, I’ve played a lot of Division 2 and it’s a solid shooting/loot based game. I just don’t think they’re selling it for so cheap “just because”.

Last edited:
I was tempted by the Gold Edition for $25 at Gamestop. You know a game has failed when the $120 version can't grab me at that price. This game was just a big MEH wasn't it? I can't even bring myself to pull the trigger on this for a couple bucks. 🤦‍♂️😴

TriSuit666

Banned
Yep, couldn't get on with D1, but currently playing D2 and really enjoying it. Plenty of single player content, and you can easily avoid having to put real money into it if you don't want to.

I wouldn't have thought there's any need to buy the Gold edition as all that content is free at this point anyway, they already announced a new raid's coming around Coney Island.

iBeastSlayer-

Neo Member
A few things to consider — Pretty sure this was leaked as coming to GamePass very soon, and also

Rumors of the game going F2P — definitely just rumors at this point, but worth mentioning.

Very rarely will a game go down to $2.99 unless something unusual is about to happen.

Nothing of this.

Episode 3 is coming free to end Year 1 this month.
Year 2 begin right after on March, 3rd with a massive expansion that bring back us in New York and which may cost between $20 and $40.
Many changes to follow for the gameplay as announced in January.

They just want many players to comeback by finally giving them what they wanted. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Tbone3336

Gold Member

Loved the snowy environment in 1. Having a hard time finishing 2's campaign in DC, just does not have the atmosphere of 1, hope this draws me back in.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's probably worldwide, sice I have it for 229CZK, which is 10USD (with VAT)...

For $3, I’m not complaining. I thought and still wonder if the price is an error. As a matter of fact, I’m having fun with the Division 2. I was actually considering it at $12 because I found the demo pretty fun, but $3 is a no brainer for me.

The game still has major issues on consoles with stupid pop in issues, PC it's good but really a game you need a squad for because solo play is trash.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It feels like the first game and Division 1 feels like the sequel because it's better in every way. Really disappointing game. For $3 I guess it's worth a shot, but I'd rather spend that on a cup of coffee or a bagel.

Also Ubi is going to announce a massive expansion today and will try to funnel everyone over to it and it's going to cost a lot more than $3.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

I bought the $99 digital gold edition at launch so that I could get the game and DLC a week ahead. When I saw that the physical edition is on sale at Gamestop for $5 (February 6 through February 20 or so from what I recall), I stopped by Gamestop yesterday to pick up a physical copy (of the box + DVD) for $5 - purely for nostalgia, as I like to see my games on my shelf at home.

I'm looking forward to the new season pass, and I will be in on day one. While the game has been a mixed bag, I have played it a lot and I know that I will want to play in New York City again. If an upgraded version of Survival is part of the year two content, this will likely become my go-to game for several months.

Allandor

Well would have bought it for xbox for that price. But in Germany it is 10.49€ and I already have the gold-edition for pc. Crossplay/Crosssaves would be great. But well, I wait to pick up a gold-edition or something like that with all DLCs.

Bolivar687

Banned
Anybody on PC jumping into this fresh?

It feels like the first game and Division 1 feels like the sequel because it's better in every way.

I felt this way during the beta. I was crushed because I loved the Division 1 for its entire three year lifecycle. Interested in giving the full experience a shot now that it's $3.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I felt this way during the beta. I was crushed because I loved the Division 1 for its entire three year lifecycle. Interested in giving the full experience a shot now that it's $3.

It's still like that - the game is a mess. We'll see what their plans are, but yea, it's bad.

Last edited:

jshackles

Hmmm, this makes me think that they might do it on PS4 as well.

Yep!

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

Yep!
Just saw that too!

Buying tonight. Thanks op!

VertigoOA

Banned
Still can’t believe I just got this for 3 bucks on PSN. I imagine they want to milk a few pennies before making the base game free. I got no problem with that honestly as they should be doing whatever they can if they’ve exhausted its sales to push the year 2 relaunch.

Is their pvp? Or just darkzone? I remember the first game having pvp added. I didn’t enjoy that much but Division 1 still had the best cover shooter gameplay around when that West Side Piers dlc dropped.

Looking forward to the Lower Manhattan DLC. I’d still prefer if it was set in midtown so I could compare to the real thing as that’s where I work but it’s nice to see they’re returning to the greatest city in the world.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
They really need to implement cross-save for progression. Especially with next-gen coming... that is unless they’re leaving the game behind for next gen.

VertigoOA

Banned
So I’ve tried downloading this on my PS4 a few times now. Download keeps crashing at 18% saying the data is corrupted. Restored licenses but that doesn’t seem have anything to do with it. Not sure how to get this to work without reinitiliazing my PS4 and losing all my saved data? Umm, fuck that? I might just opt to play this on my Xbox instead because luckily it’s only 3 bucks but I don’t wanna.

Last edited:
Top Bottom