• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I misread it looks like Xbox store says March 11 9pm PST, so that would be March 12 12am EST, but the release graphic from Ubi says Xbox start time is "12am Local Time" and PS4 12am EST.

In the meantime I decided to install the game to an external HDD with Samsung SSD. Hopefully it will help with load times and changing/joining sessions. X1S wasn't "bad" per se, but it was noticeably slower compared to the PC version on a 1TB SSD.

I'm about to make a snack run thinking of going with burritos, Tapatio Doritos, and Rockstar Whipped.

My player model disappeared in cutscenes during intro/tutorial, kind of funny, just saw a floating gun

Had to tinker with contrast a little, don’t remember doing that in beta

My guy looks cool.

First crash just now about 15 minutes in

My player model disappeared in cutscenes during intro/tutorial, kind of funny, just saw a floating gun

Had to tinker with contrast a little, don’t remember doing that in beta

My guy looks cool.

First crash just now about 15 minutes in

DX12?

I had crashes in the beta too when using DX12. It's a shame. DX12 gives me around 15 fps boost.

Last edited:

thief183

I played for 3 hours straight without any crash, disconnect or anything as far as I can tell this is the best lounch I've ever experienced, might be lucky or maybe they really did a good job this time around. The game is really massive. I'd like to keep playiing but it's 4 am and I work at 8 am ....

DX12?

I had crashes in the beta too when using DX12. It's a shame. DX12 gives me around 15 fps boost.

Yes.

I played for two hours total. That crash was the the only one I experienced.

I wanna keep playing but I think I’m getting sick, gonna lie down.

So far so good. It’s bigger, deeper, better Division. That’s all I needed.

Edit:

Let’s get that PC GAF clan rolling!

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I'll be getting on in less than 30 minutes and powering through the game as much as I can tonight, if I get to the Clan creation should I make it on XB1 or does someone else want to?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I wanna keep playing but I think I’m getting sick, gonna lie down.
"Breaking News! GamingBolt reports that The Division 2 is making players sick."
tlas2ulah8nvs0nk.gif

---
Xbox version is live. See you on the other side, boys!

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
All good on Xbox. No crashes, no audio glitches. Very happy so far running co-op with my brother.
My duder so far...

b061uuq78fdma55x.png

Last edited:
We're live, pal

Edit: wtf, why am I hearing Microsoft Sam? I'm not blind D:
Dude....that happened to me and I thought I was going crazy.

The way the game is playing for me.....it actually makes the beta feel like it was a beta.....game feels much smoother with a ton of shit to do.

It’s almost kinda shocking how much stuff there is and I can’t get enough of loot rooms.

Janisev

Neo Member
The new setting of The Division 2
So it was in The Division 1: In The Division 1 began the plot around the virus in New York. The green poison broke out on a Black Friday in November. Therefore, the story of the first part takes place in snowy Manhattan.
tc-the-division-dark-zone-rogue-agents-extraction.jpg

While New York's Manhattan consists almost entirely of large blocks of houses, which are nevertheless quite close to each other, Washington is much more extensive and also has more nature to offer, as the Central Park in The Division 1 was not accessible.
This is new in The Division 2: In The Division 2, it goes to the fallen capital of the United States, Washington DC Thus, the eternal winter comes to an end. The action takes place 7 months after the first part, so it's summer now.
Washington DC has a mild climate and is relatively small compared to other major US cities. But it offers many different sights such as government buildings and historic monuments.
With more than 8 million inhabitants, NYC has quite different dimensions than the much smaller DC with its less than 700,000 inhabitants. DC stands on a former swamp and has a warmer climate. All these factors have been taken into winorama review account by the creators in the development, Washington's Open World is even supposed to be a kind of main character of the game.
How does this affect the gameplay? The more extensive areas and the changed geography will also change a lot in the gameplay. It is rather horizontal, because not all high buildings are. In addition, there are more environmental obstacles such as trees, denser vegetation and damage to roads and buildings.
This provides additional tactical options for you, but also for your opponents. Where previously narrow canyons still influenced the room for maneuver, flank attacks can now be started. Enemies try to circle players more often.
Also visually, a lot will change. Because in the summer, the agents no longer need winter clothes. Thus, there will be scope for many different outfits.
Cover shooter thanks to armor bars
So it was in The Division 1: Players have only one life bar. For this you can always use a medicine that works immediately and restores a considerable part of your life. There is also the first aid skill, which can also restore health immediately.
This is new in The Division 2: Armor you have in addition to your life display. As long as it is not destroyed, it protects you from incoming damage. With empty bar your armor is destroyed. You have to restore them with parts, similar to a Medikit.
But that takes a short time and has its own animation. You are vulnerable during this time.
How does this affect the gameplay? Due to the necessary repair, players who have put in a lot of damage must first be put in safe cover. Before, it is hardly possible to repair the armor.
Gone are the days of The Division 1, where you can run straight to opponents and, if necessary, quickly draw a medicine to replenish your life within a second. Especially in PvP this should change the dynamics. So far, battles in which players openly attack each other, without seeking cover, the normalcy.
Now you cannot just hope for quick healing, but must take cover so as not to die.

I played for 3 hours straight without any crash, disconnect or anything as far as I can tell this is the best lounch I've ever experienced, might be lucky or maybe they really did a good job this time around. The game is really massive. I'd like to keep playiing but it's 4 am and I work at 8 am ....

UHaMaDh.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
Agree with Damageinc103 Damageinc103 - the game is buttery smooth this morning on PS4 Pro (UK). Only got to build my agent then off to work. It seemed much easier to take down those mobs outside the white house than the beta which was pleasing. My Ubi rewards haven't come through which I'm PO about. I wanna go hoommmmmee

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ubi delivered at 10 this morning, going to work a late shift though.
I probably get to it after DMCV.

whyman

Finally got it working at an almost locked 60 with a mix of settings. (Mostly high and Ultra) Xbox One controller caused the game to lag but PS4 works great! So far having tons of fun! Is the clan active yet?

Só I got up to play it and... there's no fucking power. Called the electricity company and they said 3 fucking hours until it's fixed.

You've gotta be shitting me :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Man, the skirmishes on here are so awesome. Reminiscent of playing Half-life when it first came out and going against the Marines. The enemies coordinate and respond contextually so well it's just great. The friendly npcs are fun too when they get into the mix. It's not perfect, but everybody almost seems aware of the fight. The game seems to be running more smoothly compared to the beta, too. Everything is just so fucking awesome!

Só I got up to play it and... there's no fucking power. Called the electricity company and they said 3 fucking hours until it's fixed.

You've gotta be shitting me :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:
You've angered the gods, my friend. Repent and sacrifice an urban street deer for your absolution.

Darkone

I so want the early access but i don`t have much free time to play until Friday to justify the extra money.
its going to be a rough few days until Friday.

Finally got it working at an almost locked 60 with a mix of settings. (Mostly high and Ultra) Xbox One controller caused the game to lag but PS4 works great! So far having tons of fun! Is the clan active yet?

I had read that some people have FPS drops with the One controller but I never knew if it was addressed with a driver update and whatnot

I'm using the xbox one controller with a wireless adapter. Didn't notice anything odd.

I played for a few hours last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. Combat feels more dynamic than in the first game. Enemies flank a lot. You gotta keep moving. And the auto move to cover works really well.

The world is so detailed. The streets, the indoor areas are very well made. And it feels like an RPG. Fighting badies in "dungeons", opening chests.

It's too early to judge. We need to see how the end game holds up. But i'm very optimistic.

So, I guess the memory leak is still a thing on PC?

I was enjoying a locked framerate all morning. Then, terrible performance all of sudden. Rebooted and everything is fine again.

Picked up a bounty from some random settlement dude wandering the city, but it sent me into a level 20+ area (I'm level 11). Almost made it but got spotted and instantly melted. Argh! I feel like that shouldn't happen but I have to admit it was a little exciting playing Solid Snake for a bit.

Edit: Haven't had any performance issues at all, and I had the game running for 10 hours straight yesterday (didn't want to go through the VPN process more than once lol)
But then again I only game at 1080/60 so maybe that's why I've yet to experience any performance issues.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
CDKeys never got back to me, so I just had a friend over in the UK unlock it for me.

Uplay says I've put in five and a half hours. It's running really well at 1440p for me with a 2060 and a 4790k (60+ FPS with a mix of high/ultra settings). Only issue is crashing. I was fine last night, but playing with a buddy this morning I crashed three times in about two hours. Twice the game just froze and I had to go into task manager. The last time it totally hard locked my entire PC. Thinking maybe it was DX12 causing it so I'm going to try out DX11 and see if it fixes it.

Enemies are definitely more dynamic this time around. Firefights get tense playing solo

CDKeys never got back to me, so I just had a friend over in the UK unlock it for me.

Uplay says I've put in five and a half hours. It's running really well at 1440p for me with a 2060 and a 4790k (60+ FPS with a mix of high/ultra settings). Only issue is crashing. I was fine last night, but playing with a buddy this morning I crashed three times in about two hours. Twice the game just froze and I had to go into task manager. The last time it totally hard locked my entire PC. Thinking maybe it was DX12 causing it so I'm going to try out DX11 and see if it fixes it.

I’ve had another crash today on DX12 but it’s still only 3 crashes in 5 total hours so far. The performance boost from DX12 is worth it for me

1070ti and midrange i7, looks fantastic and runs great at 1440p, mostly ultra except two settings (reflections medium, object detail 80 instead of 100, still up from the 60 it started me on)

Averaging 60fps with DX12. Never dipped below 48

Last edited:
I’m taking a little break before logging back on and probably playing through the night.

Some guns suck. I was on a roll then switched to an assault rifle with three round burst fire and started getting owned. Switched back and was owning again. I remember weapon balance was an issue when D1 dropped too, with two weapons being clearly better than all the rest or something like that.

It definitely feels more fleshed out than D1 did at launch. I’m hoping all the things D1 ended with will return in D2 in some or another.

waylo

Banned
Enemies are definitely more dynamic this time around. Firefights get tense playing solo

I’ve had another crash today on DX12 but it’s still only 3 crashes in 5 total hours so far. The performance boost from DX12 is worth it for me

1070ti and midrange i7, looks fantastic and runs great at 1440p, mostly ultra except two settings (reflections medium, object detail 80 instead of 100, still up from the 60 it started me on)

Averaging 60fps with DX12. Never dipped below 48
So yeah, DX12 is definitely a smoother experience, but DX11 appears to be more stable. I'm not sure of the exact performance difference, but it seems to be 10+ FPS give or take. DX11 has much more noticeable stuttering (it's nothing terrible) and there were a few times where I'd drop to like 55 FPS whereas on DX12 I don't recall ever going below 60, and in most cases it was over like 70. I think I'll just deal with the crashing and cross my fingers it doesn't get too much worse.

So yeah, DX12 is definitely a smoother experience, but DX11 appears to be more stable. I'm not sure of the exact performance difference, but it seems to be 10+ FPS give or take. DX11 has much more noticeable stuttering (it's nothing terrible) and there were a few times where I'd drop to like 55 FPS whereas on DX12 I don't recall ever going below 60, and in most cases it was over like 70. I think I'll just deal with the crashing and cross my fingers it doesn't get too much worse.

For what it’s worth I just downloaded the latest Nvidia driver that dropped a week ago but apparently has Division 2 optimizations (or so I’m told). I’ll see if that clears up the sporadic crashes

Otherwise I have no complaints. I played D2 on PS4 and am surprised how well the movement works and how great shooting feels on PC with keyboard/mouse

waylo

Banned
For what it’s worth I just downloaded the latest Nvidia driver that dropped a week ago but apparently has Division 2 optimizations (or so I’m told). I’ll see if that clears up the sporadic crashes

Otherwise I have no complaints. I played D2 on PS4 and am surprised how well the movement works and how great shooting feels on PC with keyboard/mouse
I've been using those drivers and getting the crashes, so who knows. Good luck though.

waylo

Banned
Just ran the benchmark on both DX11 and DX12.

DX11
Score - 6685
FPS - 75
GPU - 94%
CPU - 65%

DX12
Score - 7279
FPS - 81
GPU - 95%
CPU - 76%

So yeah, probably the first game I've seen where DX12 performs noticeably better on Nvidia hardware.

DX11
Score - 6685
FPS - 75
GPU - 94%
CPU - 65%

DX12
Score - 7279
FPS - 81
GPU - 95%
CPU - 76%

So yeah, probably the first game I've seen where DX12 performs noticeably better on Nvidia hardware.

Yeah. Same here.

When I first upgraded to 1070ti, the game was I tried DX12 on would perform terribly so I gave up. Not sure if it’s a D2 thing or if DX12 support has been cleaned up in general

whyman

DX11
Score - 6685
FPS - 75
GPU - 94%
CPU - 65%

DX12
Score - 7279
FPS - 81
GPU - 95%
CPU - 76%

Yes this is a pretty great surprise. Borderless fullscreen with dx12 seems to give the best results for me.

If my GPU load is 98 percent and my cpu only 34 percent is that bad?

I have a 1070ti and i7-4960x

I’ve been noticing that occasionally the game hangs for a second, like drops to 20 FPS for no reason, just for a moment. I’m running off an SSD. It didn’t do this in beta.

Something wrong with my PC?

Someone on reddit suggested rolling back to nvidia driver 419.17. I did and had no crashes on dx12 anymore.

I'm loving the game. Played for hours today and i was entertained the whole time. No frustrations. No annoyances.

Bluecondor

Man - I am starting to get annoyed with the whole idea of clans and how they have been implemented in this game.

There is some consternation in my group over the idea that each player can only join one clan. In fact - has this been confirmed anywhere? The guys that I played with all throughout the first game are now having a bunch of awkward conversations over whether they will join our clan. Understandably, they are dedicated players, so they probably have other offers from other good players who are forming their own clans.

I'm actually hoping that we are wrong about this, and players can join as many clans as they'd like (but can only cash in one clan cache per character per week and can only earn clan XP in activities in which they are playing with another clan member). This way, it's nobody's business how many clans a player joins.

Meccs

So the VPN unlock thing works, right? I could play Thursday 14:00 CET.

Edit: Damn, I always forget that I first need the key from AMD... so FML until Friday I guess :messenger_poop::messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

Arun1910

As someone who poured hours into the first game and hated how they screwed up endgame... I'm loving this.

Constant distractions, so much more to level up, enemies arent nearly as bullet spongey, team abilities/variety is amazing.

Just have 2 points for PC Players:

1. If you get no audio in your headset, you may be using Logitech headphones. If you are, go to Task Manager and end the process called "Logitech Surround (something). This is what is causing the issue.
2. If you can't access the door to the safehouse for the "find the agents notes" at the start of the game, just log out and in again.

The level design is so good. It was excellent in the first game but wow.

AI is amazing. But there are some problems with angles, such as lobbing grenades through arches or using a minigun fully cranked to one side.

Also, a nitpick, but some of the signage is oddly European such as "take away" instead of "take out" or "$7,95" instead of "$7.95."

Well, back to another day of no-lifing it! 30 or bust.

Top Bottom