• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

Man - I am starting to get annoyed with the whole idea of clans and how they have been implemented in this game.

There is some consternation in my group over the idea that each player can only join one clan. In fact - has this been confirmed anywhere? The guys that I played with all throughout the first game are now having a bunch of awkward conversations over whether they will join our clan. Understandably, they are dedicated players, so they probably have other offers from other good players who are forming their own clans.

I'm actually hoping that we are wrong about this, and players can join as many clans as they'd like (but can only cash in one clan cache per character per week and can only earn clan XP in activities in which they are playing with another clan member). This way, it's nobody's business how many clans a player joins.

I feel you.

I’m hoping we get as a many as possible into the GAF Clan but if people are looking for ultra competitive clan domination I can see why they would be picky.

Someone on reddit suggested rolling back to nvidia driver 419.17. I did and had no crashes on dx12 anymore.

I'm loving the game. Played for hours today and i was entertained the whole time. No frustrations. No annoyances.

Thanks for the tip.

I actually got a couple FPS boost by rolling back as well. Weird. Thought something felt different when I updated the driver.

I honestly like the new setting. The city feels fleshed out. After a few hours I wasn’t thinking about snowy New York anymore. The time cycles and fog/rain weather effects are great

As a level 11, decided to take on a level 14 mission today. Boy.... I died many many times but I did it! Felt damn good lol. Went through level 12 in a flash.

Also, this guy hasn't had a good day

v2ipuGb.png

Last edited:
Police M4 is my favorite weapon so far.
I’m only lvl 11 but it’s lasted me the last couple levels easily. With some stability modded I can just pepper headshots whole clip

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Tempted to get this even though it seems like more of the same except the enemies are aggressive as fuck.

Also the music seems cool from the footage Ive seen. Not what I was expecting.

For those that played D1 on PC, how big a leap are the graphics for you? I was on PS4 and it looked good but man on 1440p/Ultra/60 this is very pretty game

It's not a big leap honestly.
I haven't played DV1 in months but i think DV2 looks the same, minus the snow. The differences are probably something only the likes of digital foundry could point out.

NickFire

The gamespot review in progress notes were pretty good. Nothing about end game. Getting more and more likely I pick this up on Friday.

Level 14, decided to craft a Police M4... it came with Stable talent... lol. Haven't played with it yet but I bet it shoots like a laser. Also I've been using a SIG something (much stronger than the MDR) and a G36 which is also VERY stable.

Damn the game is starting to feel even better now, loving it!

Codes 208

I’m very intrigued by this. I didn’t hate the first game, it was fun if just lacking end game content for being the first of several destiny clones. Hopefully this turns out better than anthem.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Police M4 is my favorite as well. The G36 is really nice. I just picked up a lvl 13 M60 with Accuracy and it once you punch a weak spot with your main, it will melt a boss and still have rounds to spare.

I find that playing Solo is more immersive and intense, but co-op is more fun and you have more opportunity to be creative. My brother and it did funny shit like storming a bunch of True Sons with a double barrel shotty and a snub nose pistol. Makes you improvise and use cover better.

This game has nearly flawless stability for me on X1S. I haven't crashed or had the audio glitch from beta even once. A couple funny glitches I had was a bunch of True Sons corpses flowing down the street with physics like they were on water. Another time I joined my brother's instance right at the end of firefight and every grenade that was thrown went off in a pile at once, and then all the dead enemies bodies spawn out of the air onto the ground in a big pile and were rag dolling all crazy.

The worst problem I had was getting stuck on an invisible barrier in a doorway. Had to spin and dive spam until it broke lose. Other than that this game has been fucking awesome. The firefights are just the bees knees.
giphy.gif

I was not into The Division 1 after it's beta. My brother told me to get this game and I haven't been waking in the middle of the night to play a game since BoTW. If you're on the fence about Div 2, don't be. The skirmishes alone are worth the money!

Last edited:
Do projects pop up new daily or are they limited? I feel like there were new ones when I logged in today but maybe I advanced the settlement without realizing it

Right now I’m rocking Police M4 as primary, Urban MDR as secondary, and that snubnose pistol as my close range “oh shit” option.

I’m only lvl 14 so I only have unlocked half the skills. I’m using assault turret and I keep trying different options but can’t find one that sticks. Demolished Firefly seemed cool but the targeting won’t work for me, seems bugged. Stinger Hive is kinda cool.

I’m gonna unlock chem launcher next

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Do projects pop up new daily or are they limited? I feel like there were new ones when I logged in today but maybe I advanced the settlement without realizing it
Projects are kind of confusing, but I think as you progress and unlock new missions in different zones, they'll give you new projects pertaining to that zone. I'm not sure of this, but I don't recognize the project "Southwest Liberation" at The Theater that showed up as I've moved south into the city. Maybe it's just the last one that I didn't notice?

***edit***
I just completed the Air and Space Museum mission and went back to The Theater and it added 3 new projects.

---
Minor irrelevant spoiler related to perks...
Make sure you activate the Detection perk so when you donate supplies to recaptured control points before you go on a loot run, in let's say somewhere like the sewers, and they'll give you a temporary bonus that allows you to see loot through walls.
I definitely recommend going into the sewers for a good time.:messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Bluecondor

I am level 7 right now and recently landed a nice level 6 M1A. I really enjoyed the M1A in the first game, as you could sit back and snipe enemies in solo missions. This gave me the confidence to try the level 6 mission - which then dropped a PP-19 - my favorite SMG from the first game.

Anyone suffering with random frames dropping? On ps4 pro and every so often it starts chugging. Going to try a database rebuild and clean the fan to see if they help.

Anyone suffering with random frames dropping? On ps4 pro and every so often it starts chugging. Going to try a database rebuild and clean the fan to see if they help.

Yes. I'm on PC, but if remember right, this was an issue during the beta on all platforms. Assuming it's the same issue.

Restarting the Uplay and the game seems to fix it.

Just unlocked endgame and I am impressed. I saw the endgame video they had in the beta but I didn't really grasp what it meant until now. Looking forward to dipping my toes in it, but I need some sleep lol

Last edited:

Alebelly

So i Just installed the game through EPIC, went to play, and all it does is open Uplay and Uplay begins to install the game a second time, WTF

I kinda wish you didn’t go into scope mode when you put a scope on.

That sounds stupid... I just don’t know what it is....I would rather stay in 3rd person mode always.

Loveing this game....I was saying how I was going to play this nd Anthem.... I don’t know... I might just play this.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Glad to see people enjoying this. I liked the first game when it came out but ended up selling it because the endgame was lackluster (at the time).

I’ll probably pick this up down the line, not enough free time to really enjoy a game of this scale, currently.

How, specifically, does this feel/play differently than the Division 1? Or is it pretty identical?

Keep the impressions coming!

I had this issues also when I started the first main mission,the one to rescue Elanor or something,almost unplayable,after I shut down the console cause I had something to do ,when I cam back I did that mission again and I didn't had any issues,I guess a restart would fix the problem.

Glad to see people enjoying this. I liked the first game when it came out but ended up selling it because the endgame was lackluster (at the time).

I’ll probably pick this up down the line, not enough free time to really enjoy a game of this scale, currently.

How, specifically, does this feel/play differently than the Division 1? Or is it pretty identical?

Keep the impressions coming!

I’m not gonna sit here and say it reinvents the wheel or anything. My basic take on it after 16 hours so far is it’s a better Division. I dunno if that’s helpful or not.

Wait, what? Where are you from?
Romania,when the package come in,I saw this cloth wrapped around the game,at first I though it was something to protect it from impact,but when I took that out it was a Division 2 grey and orange T-shirt :) and it also my size ,cause I was never asked about it

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I’m not gonna sit here and say it reinvents the wheel or anything. My basic take on it after 16 hours so far is it’s a better Division. I dunno if that’s helpful or not.
That is helpful! That’s all I really wanted to know. The experience of getting to max level in Division 1 was really fun, and that’s all I really care about here.
Great end game would just be icing on the cake.

Verdanth

Romania,when the package come in,I saw this cloth wrapped around the game,at first I though it was something to protect it from impact,but when I took that out it was a Division 2 grey and orange T-shirt :) and it also my size ,cause I was never asked about it

Really cool, I pre-ordered the gold edition (Portugal) and no t-shirt for me.

Thanks for the responses.

Also, I claimed the MPX SMG from uplay, and it shows as i own it, but I cannot find it. When i go to the stash mailbox, there is no mail.

Also had a weird glitch last night, assets did not load properly, so had low texture models and some models flat out missing, had to fast travel to correct it.

But enjoying it otherwise. Need to progress and then join up for some coop action.

Verdanth

PS4 Pro owners already playing: how is texture streaming?

I'm hearing a lot of pop-up issues.

I noticed that it got better from Private beta to open beta, but still at the time the texture pop-up was kind of huge.

It's still on the same level?

Freeman76

I’m very intrigued by this. I didn’t hate the first game, it was fun if just lacking end game content for being the first of several destiny clones. Hopefully this turns out better than anthem.

I dont hate Anthem, it has some cool shit in it, and will grow into a really good game IMO. The Division 2 is on another level though in pretty much every way, except jet packs.

Any news on this update I just downloaded? Patch notes? Hoping it fixed some issues I was having with my abilities canceling out on their own for no reason.
Don't know what's the update all about but I see that the uplay rewards are working now,they are in your inventory if you redeem them,it was a problem with that before and they didn't appear even if it said you own them.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Was all excited to get amdrewards key relatively early so I could pre-load on my slow connection. Get it pre-loaded, plus another 900MB bit, only to find out it isn't even unlocked yet for those of us in the peon caste.

OK. Well, I'll be around all through Friday and the weekend for anyone getting into the game Friday or after.

Last edited:
I'm super impressed with the game, especially after the Anthem Trainwreck.
There is just so much content in there o_O , and the firefights are on point!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Thanks for the responses.

Also, I claimed the MPX SMG from uplay, and it shows as i own it, but I cannot find it. When i go to the stash mailbox, there is no mail.

Also had a weird glitch last night, assets did not load properly, so had low texture models and some models flat out missing, had to fast travel to correct it.

But enjoying it otherwise. Need to progress and then join up for some coop action.
If I remember correctly, mine was located under the Grants section of the stash.

Top Bottom